New Reputation Levels!

Chaos

And my voting power returns! What time zone day does it go by?

Edit: and after one vote I've reached my quota again. I'm so confused :/

In that case I would guess it is a tally over the past 24 hours rather than a day cutoff. This fits with the way the posts today thing works.

I could be completely off base but I reckon I'm right.

I'm honoured :)I do seem to have started something *grins*

I guess I just haven't thought of anything suitable to put there yet. I'm sure I'll think of something deep, meaningful and suitably hilarious eventually.

You do have So long as it wasn't written before the 8th of March 14. If that counts.

Edit because Ninja's

In that case I would guess it is a tally over the past 24 hours rather than a day cutoff. This fits with the way the posts today thing works.

That kind of makes sense, but then where does the 24 hours start from? If say, I upvote posts at 4pm then 2am then 7am then 4pm and 2am again, and at 3am I hit my limit, would it be counting from the previous 3am? or from 4pm the day before when I first posted?

Edited by Delightful

I've increased the daily upvote limit to 40. How does that sound?

I'm not sure if that would be effective in reducing possible upvote abuse, but evidently people like to upvote a lot of things (which is good!) ;)

You do have So long as it wasn't written before the 8th of March 14. If that counts.

Edit because Ninja's

That kind of makes sense, but then where does the 24 hours start from? If say, I upvote posts at 4pm then 2am then 7am then 4pm and 2am again, and at 3am I hit my limit, would it be counting from the previous 3am? or from 4pm the day before when I first posted?

I, er, forgot about that :PNot particularly deep, meaningful and hilarious is it =(

It isn't a 24 hours starting from when you gave rep at some point. If I am correct it is 24 hours starting 24 hours ago. So if you have given x rep in the past 24 hours you can't give more. Once a little time passes and the first of the upvotes you gave is over 24 hours ago you are below the limit again.

Edit: Chaos, could you confirm how this works? So I can stop trying to guess/figure it.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I, er, forgot about that  :P

No

:P

It isn't a 24 hours starting from when you gave rep at some point. If I am correct it is 24 hours starting 24 hours ago. So if you have given x rep in the past 24 hours you can't give more. Once a little time passes and the first of the upvotes you gave is over 24 hours ago you are below the limit again.

Edit: Chaos, could you confirm how this works? So I can stop trying to guess/figure it.

That does make more sense.

I shall make a List of possible ways to abuse the system (just me brainstorming on the subject. No personal experience):

• Dummy accounts used to up-vote yourself (and/or your friends).
  • Massively up-voting someone else.
  • Massively down-voting some one else (you know, to keep them from taking your place on the rankings or the other way around).
  • Reuptation inflation. If everyone starts getting 100-200 reputation points per day, it deflates the value of each individual up-vote. Also, some people (myself included), tend to be rather annoyed seeing up-votes on posts simply profiting from what other people have said/done ("^This!", "Well put", etc.).

I am sure there are other ways to abuse it, but this is all I can think of on the fly.

I shall make a List of possible ways to abuse the system (just me brainstorming on the subject. No personal experience):

• Massively down-voting some one else (you know, to keep them from taking your place on the rankings or the other way around).
  • Reuptation inflation. If everyone starts getting 100-200 reputation points per day, it deflates the value of each individual up-vote. Also, some people (myself included), tend to be rather annoyed seeing up-votes on posts simply profiting from what other people have said/done ("^This!", "Well put", etc.).

I am sure there are other ways to abuse it, but this is all I can think of on the fly.

• Upvoting or downvoting people just to see what the ranks are. You know, because nobody's done that ever.
  • Downvoting posts for no good reason as well might qualify as abuse. Especially if it's someone downvoting a ton of people cause they're in a bad mood or something.

^This!

I did say I was kidding. and there are Negative Ranks below you that we haven't found. So... <_<

My favourite kind of joke is to respond seriously to obvious jokes. But I suppose that cannot easily be made clear over the internet. Also, I am quite confident that we found all the negative ranks during theFallGuy project, and as far as I'm aware, Chaos didn't add any negative ranks this time around.

^This!

I was tempted to up-vote this for its sheer audacity. But no, it didn't seem right, so I went through your previous posts and found a more worthy post.

EDIT: By the way, knowing Chaos for the troll he is, there is almost guaranteed an easter egg at precisely 1337 rep points. We should be mindful of that.

Edited by Aether

That could have been a fun one.

But I am confused. @Chaosare there in fact lower levels of negative reputation? You seem to say here that there are in fact ranks lower than Zucchini, but that you haven't added any more negative ranks in the new system. On the other hand, you firmly state here that there are no more ranks below that.

Did you mean that you will eventually add more negative ranks, but that we currently have them all?

I hope he changes that level to "Mediocre List Maker" now just to spite you for calling him a troll.

I meant no offense; I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, I just meant he (as most of us mere mortals on the internet) likes to mess around. I present to you as evidence, rank "Torturer of Heralds" gained at 666 reputation points and lost at 667.

That said, I would be honoured if he did indeed make it "Mediocre List Maker". 

EDIT: By the way, Kurkistan is currently at 1193 Reputation points and has become Twinborn. I did not see the transition.

EDIT 2: This seems to have already been verified, but I am currently at exactly 979 Rep points, and I am still a Highprince. I suppose there is little chance of the shift being on the next Rep point.

EDIT 3: I did indeed become Truthless at 980 points.

Edited by Aether

I meant no offense; I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, I just meant he (as most of us mere mortals on the internet) likes to mess around. I present to you as evidence, rank "Torturer of Heralds" gained at 666 reputation points and lost at 667.

Oh, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. Was just joking around with list maker comment. Pretty sure I've called chaos a troll before myself (With the kindest of intentions of course)