Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

Leya is wearing armor, and therefore walked out of the acid. Regardless of what Lopen felt, Leya's only present was the one she had brought for the marriage a while ago.

Edited by Kidpen

D’ave climbed onto the stage where the wedding had been. He had brushed his sizable beard for the occasion. Checking to make sure everyone had taken their seats, he solemnly placed his script on the podium in front of him. Finally glancing up at his audience, he began the ceremony in a quick voice.

“Who ‘ere wants a sausage-in-a-bun? Show me all now, would I get one dollah bill? Let's go. One dollah, can I get a twofer? Three? Say now, will you give a four? Four’s a going on five. Make it five. Here goes. Five up to six. Steal at six, I see seven. Seven up now is bid, dollar bidder now, let’s see eight. Eight up to nine, hot stuff. I see nine. Do I see a ten? How’s about a ten, ten good now, here she is. Ten? No, okay then. We gots a nine going once, here now going twice. Sold! To the hungry man in the front row.”

He threw the foodstuff to the man, then continued. “You all know why we’re here. Our friend has died. In case you didn’t know him, but showed up anyway, here’s Nigel to tell us about the great man’s legacy.”

Nigel, D’ave’s identical twin, took to the stage. He rushed up to the podium, then shouted, “PLETHORA!!!!”

D’ave wiped away a tear. “Thanks Nigel. That means a lot.”

Waking up from a very loud and obnoxious cognitive shadow, Soul cursed him in about 15 different languages, 12 of which he made up on the spot, and then decided he might as well be relevant to the cosmere, so he grabbed his weapons and lashed himself towards the funeral.

Lopen was shocked by the depth and kindness of Nigel's word. He never knew he had impacted the lives of so many beings so greatly. But as he looked over the faces of the crowd, he realised that he did not want mourning, but celebration of his life. He told a stick to be an electric guitar, a leaf to be an amp, a brick to be a mic, and he jumped on stage with all three items.

He looked towards the crowd and said 'Alright, this is an oldie... well at least an oldie where I come from.'He motioned to the band. 'Alright guys let's do a little blues riff on B, watch for the changes and just try to keep up.' 

Lopen starts doing the guitar part from Johnny B. Goode, and the band starts following his lead.

'Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell

Go go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode

An injured band player grabs a spanreed and starts writing. 'Chuck, Chuck... It's your cousin Marvin... Marvin Berry! You know that new sound you're looking for? Well listen to this!' He grabbed a sound spanreed and pointed it towards the source of sound.

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track
Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade
Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made
People passing by they would stop and say
Oh my that little country boy could play

Go go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode

His mother told him "Someday you will be a man,
And you will be the leader of a big old band.
Many people coming from miles around
To hear you play your music when the sun go down
Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Saying Johnny B. Goode tonight."

Go go
Go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode.'

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

The assembled crowd cheered wildly. Nigel nodded to the paid actors in the crowd, who started to do dance moves that hadn't been seen on this planet since the last century. Most of them managed to pull it off, but a few broke their wrists doing jazz hands. 

Suddenly there was a flash of light! Wind howled, the earth shook and a massive metal thing with wheels plowed into a nearby tree. A man with poor fashion sense jumped out and shouted, "Great Scott! We're late for the celebration!" 

Some Kertzians in a Volkswagen Station Wagon appeared, firing boom boom sticks at Ghost Lopen and Doc. They were hunting Doc for taking the Investiture they had given him to make a Dor bomb and instead of making it he'd made his time travelling metal box. They hit him in the chest with a bullet, but thankfully he was wearing a bulletproof vest as Lopen had instructed him to do. Lopen then lashed their station wagon into the sky until they suffocated.

Grammar

'There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Business men, they drink my wine
Plowman dig my earth
None were level on the mind
Nobody up at his word
Hey, hey
No reason to get excited
The thief he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But, uh, but you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us stop talkin' falsely now
The hour's getting late, hey
All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Barefoot servants, too
Outside in the cold distance 
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl.'

Nigel dumped a cart load of dry ice onto the stage. Mysteriously, beams of light began to sweep the area, illuminating the musicians and dueling folk. He then tried to play what he thought was a theremin. But it was really just a weirdly shaped stick, so he looked silly. 

13 minutes ago, Archer said:

Nigel felt mildly distributed. Being hugged by a ghost-thing was unnerving. "I can see your spleen," he whispered. 

Nigel felt mildly distributed?

Lopen whispered back in his best Jedi mind trick voice 'This is not the spleen you're looking for.'

3 minutes ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

Lopen's ghost noticed that Nigel's suit was covered in a translucent white armour while his head was covered by a grotesque black and white helmet.

Elvis? Please no....