THEORY THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!

HermanBolivia

It took me hours of piecing together, but I think I've finally pieced everything together. About what you ask? About everything I say. Some of you will be critical, but others excited to think about this. I for wish to first address the critical. This is a theory. This does not mean it is true, just another way of looking at things. Now the excited ones. This may not be true. Don't get too attached to what I'm about to say, cause if it's wrong, I don't want you to have an emotional break down.

I wish to focus on Wit (or Hoid if that's what you want to call him). Who is he? Where did he come from? What is he? These questions I will answer. I will warn you now that their are spoilers in every Stormlight archive book, plus spoilers in Warbreaker.

Now to start.

Once upon a time in a land far away from the Cosmere, Wit is born. Not really born, but made. he was created by the grand god himself. (Before he split in shards). Wit is not a shard, not a herald, not anything like that. He is just a separate being. Not even a world-hopper. He is almost a god. But not quite. He doesn't like the grand creater, so he comes up with a plan. Wit shatters the grand god. 16 shards shoot around into the nearby planets, which create smaller versions of himself. Each a separate part of him.

Wit, knowing that Odin (the shard in the stormlight archive) is the most powerful, so he goes to Roshar. Wanting to break this part even more so that Odin doesn't create the creater again. Wit lives their searching for a long while.

Now we go to the world of Warbreaker. As you probably know, the God king escapes with his new found wife. This leaves high priests searching for another King. Naturally people want to be the king, so they come up with scams and tricks to try to become the God King. Some smarter ones here rumors of Wit. A world hopper. They believe a world hopper can give them what they need to be God King. They figure out a way to travel to Roshar to look for Wit. We know that some of these people were in fact on Roshar, (See Way of Kings.) And we also know that they were in fact looking for Wit.

Then the worst thing that could have happened. Odin wakes up.

This is where I stop, for now. That's all I'm telling right now. Follow me and you'll here more of my theory.

But the answer to the questions frequently asked, which are in fact asked above have been answered. And remember, Wit is not a shard, not a herald, not a world-hopper, but something else entirely. Remember that, and look for more theory! 

Okay, first, let me ask a question. Is this a serious theory, or are you building a story for yourself? If a serious theory, please see below. If building a story for yourself, it's very imaginative and interesting, feel free to ignore the rest of this post!

A couple problems there.  It's Odium, not Odin. And he's not the most powerful. All the Shards started out with an equal amount of power. Odium also is not interested in getting more powerful (taking up other Shards). He wants to be the most powerful by killing all the others. Also, Odium can Beyond-stomp Hoid without much trouble. Hoid constantly has to hide from Odium, and mentions how if Odium found him, Odium could wipe him from existence without breathing hard.

Also, the God King doesn't escape anywhere? He's still ruling Hallandren and living there with Siri.

The people who are hunting Wit are part of the 17th Shard. They have a policy of non-interference. They're looking for Hoid because they think he does more harm than good with his meddling and want to stop him.

Odium's never been asleep. He's been deliberately waiting for a good time to start his offensive. He knows that given enough time, people will forget him and become complacent, and fight among themselves until they're weak and easy to influence. He's also been meddling and influencing people for a long time.

As said, is this intended to be a serious theory? Your all-caps and multiple exclamation marks lead me to suspect it's not. In which case, this is the subforum you want to be posting in. If this is serious, keep reading.

28 minutes ago, HermanBolivia said:

Once upon a time in a land far away from the Cosmere, Wit is born. Not really born, but made. he was created by the grand god himself. (Before he split in shards).

Hoid is from Yolen, which is part of the Cosmere. We're told that some of the stars that form the constellations in the artwork in Arcanum Unbounded aren't part of the cluster/dwarf galaxy we call the Cosmere but Yolen most certainly is.

Wit shatters the grand god. 16 shards shoot around into the nearby planets, which create smaller versions of himself. Each a separate part of him.

Not following how Hoid can not be Adonalsium but Splinters of the Shards somehow are?

Wit, knowing that Odin (the shard in the stormlight archive) is the most powerful, so he goes to Roshar. Wanting to break this part even more so that Odin doesn't create the creater again. Wit lives their searching for a long while.

Like RShara said, the Shard on Roshar is named Odium. And he was the latecomer to the system. And has zero interest in reassembling Adonalsium, he wants to splinter the remaining fifteen Shards so he can become the most powerful entity by defautl.

Now we go to the world of Warbreaker. As you probably know, the God king escapes with his new found wife. This leaves high priests searching for another King. Naturally people want to be the king, so they come up with scams and tricks to try to become the God King. Some smarter ones here rumors of Wit. A world hopper. They believe a world hopper can give them what they need to be God King. They figure out a way to travel to Roshar to look for Wit. We know that some of these people were in fact on Roshar, (See Way of Kings.) And we also know that they were in fact looking for Wit.

The Seventeenth Shard is explicitly into non-interference, kinda sorta like Starfleet if they had Investiture instead of starships. Their interest in Hoid is because they're worried his goals and theirs may conflict, but he's not their primary focus. And literally none of the members of the organization that we know of so far are Nalthian. Demoux and Aslydin are Scadrian, Baon is Taldaini and Galladon is Selish. There are Nalthian worldhoppers but they have nothing to do with the Seventeenth Shard and Vasher isn't exactly popular with them. See the first WoB I linked.

Then the worst thing that could have happened. Odin wakes up.

From his Odinsleep?

#SorryNotSorry

Remember that, and look for more theory! 

Um, okay?

Edited by Weltall

I think I pre-judged this as a Troll post from the title before opening it.  I'm not sure if I was right or not, which makes me think it is a clever troll post, making me doubt.

I've been known to throw posts together before, a little scattered and riddled with tangents, trying to get all my thoughts on the page before they escape me, but this is next level.  I have a little trouble following your thought process. 

Which, as I re-read before posting, sounds more than a little pedantic and snobby.  I by no means intend to belittle your theory.  I apologize in advance if you perceive an attack from me - it is not intended, I just want to understand.

If you are serious, I am curious how you arrived at these conclusions - though @RShara and @Weltall have covered the flaws in you theory pretty well, so I wont retread them.  I'd like to hear about your reasoning.

Until then, I can only sum up my reactions as "Ummm... Wat?"

27 minutes ago, John203 said:

Like everyone else, a theory in all caps with far too many exclamation marks seems very buzzfeed/clickbaity.

See I'm not so old that I can't remember being young and excited. What really leads me to believe trolling is the Odin. That combined with the fact that they never bothered responding.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thunderclast said:

It's a novel theory, and if we didn't have anymore knowledge of the Cosmere as we did when maybe Mistborn came out, it would possibly make sense. Unfortunately, pretty much anyone could debunk this.

Or if, like, we didn't know the names of the characters...

On 4/26/2018 at 10:41 PM, HermanBolivia said:

As you probably know, the God king escapes with his new found wife.

Haha. This one sentence almost has more contradictions and incorrect assumptions than it has words.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:41 PM, HermanBolivia said:

It took me hours of piecing together

This is probably the saddest part of the post...

I do love theories though. I wonder what the benefit of trolling this page is?

It's only his 7th post. I was like this when I first joined and spouted a bunch of stuff that contained massive mistakes.

Instead of laughing and taking the piss though, people were kind enough to correct me, and aim me at the Coppermind.

1 hour ago, Bort said:

It's only his 7th post. I was like this when I first joined and spouted a bunch of stuff that contained massive mistakes.

Instead of laughing and taking the piss though, people were kind enough to correct me, and aim me at the Coppermind.

If you take a look at his post history (as @RShara did) you'll see that while he's only made seven posts, he's been a member for well over a year and people have tried to gently correct misinterpretations about Hoid, the Seventeenth Shard etc in those past posts. That he still made this post suggests that he's either never read anything that anyone has said to him or that this topic is indeed trolling. Or being as charitable as possible, that it was an attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor that went badly wrong.

Edited by Weltall

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic