Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

6 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Why am I slightly village?

Similar reasons to Kidpen. Something I remember specifically about you though is your post at the beginning of Day 2 when you said you'd PM Aman to see who he'd targeted with his Jeskeri Pendant. I felt like if you were a Cultist you would've been paying better attention to the end of Night 1 and would have seen that he'd targeted Araris(or one of your teammates would have posted in the doc about it and you'd have seen it there) , so you wouldn't have posted as if you had no idea. That's one specific instance that I thought made you seem village, but most of your other posts seem fairly genuine.

I've been going back and forth with you and Kidpen because a couple of your posts have rubbed me the wrong way, but I think most if not all of that stuff could be chalked up to play style. I've never played with either of you, so it's harder to get reads from the small details.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

If I had to cast a vote right this moment, I'd probably follow the lead of a pretty reasonable-sounding accusation, and vote for you. But I'd really rather take the time to reach my own conclusions, and I will not have time to do that properly until next turn. I think it's in everybody's interests if I chime in only once I've actually read your defense carefully.

That's fair.

Day 3 - Dio

5ad5559032b9c_ScreenShot2018-04-16at8_01_15PM.png.66e16570742fae0f68e4d683e6592882.png

Hreo strolled along his patrol route across the wall of Elantris, bored as always. Being an Elantris city guard was usually boring, but it paid well and didn’t actually require you to do much.

Tonight, however, ended up being different. Up ahead, Hreo made out several figures huddled together on the wall up ahead.

“Hey!” Hreo called out, raising his torch up high. “You there! What business do you have atop these walls in the middle of the night?” Citizens were allowed on the walls, of course, but you usually didn’t find them there in the wee hours of morning.

As he approached he saw that the figures were each clad in dark robes with strange red markings on them. They carried no light, but they did bear weapons- daggers and swords strapped to their waists. A rope ladder hung down into the forbidden city. Apparently he had caught them right as they were about to climb down into the city. Hreo warily put his hand on his own sword.

“At ease, my good guardsman.” One of the figures said, stepping forward. “We just have a little matter of… unfinished business, inside Elantris. We will be about our work quickly, and then be on our way. There is no need for you to be concerned, and we would of course reward you for your… willingness to stay quiet.” The robed figure tossed a bag at Hreo’s feet. It clinked with coins as it struck the stone.

Hreo cocked an eyebrow, eyeing the figures. The robes didn’t allow them to make out their faces very well, but it was obvious that none of them bore the corruption of the Shaod. Hreo glanced at the bag. Being an Elantris guard paid well, but it didn’t pay that well. He shrugged, and picked up the bag of coins. “Just make sure none of the wretches in there climb out, okay?”

The robed figure who had addressed him before nodded and said, “Of course not. Thank you, guardsman.” But Hreo had already turned away from them, continuing on his patrol.

***To be continued in the Elantris PM :P ***

Enerin stumbled, clutching at his chest. He was in an alleyway, alone. Nobody was in sight. He gasped in pain as twisting lines of red began cutting their way across his chest, wetting his shirt and hands with blood. “Help!” He screamed. “Somebody, please! Help me! I- I’m-”

He collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony and screaming wordlessly. Gradually, his screams died off, leaving Enerin’s corpse behind.

Elsewhere, a strange pendant carved with Jeskeri symbols cracked and crumbled to dust in its owner’s hands.

The Gyorn looked over the congregation. It was still small, but growing steadily. Like the dawning of a new day. The rising of the brilliant illumination of Jaddeth over the land. The priest smiled.

Amanuenis has died! He was an Arelish Priest with no items who had been poisoned

Eternum has died! He was a Arelish citizen who knew the passphrase and who had Seon (The Seon has passed to an heir)

A Jeskeri Pendant and a Korathi Pendant were used!

Nobody was taken by the Shaod

Convert Tally:

4 / 21 players are converts

Updated Player List

1. Little Wilson: Kainae the Artist

2. A Joe in the Bush: Fenot the Alchemist

3. Eternum: Enerin the travelling storyteller Arelish Citizen with a Seon and Passphrase

4. Steeldancer: Bob the shoe-shiner

5. Straw: Straw the errand-boy

6. Araris Valerian: Elysian the orphaned worldhopper Jeskeri Cultist with Korathi Pendant

7. Elenion: Enelan, the Palace's head chef

8. King Cole: Bill the butcher

9. Devotary of Spontaneity: Sheodan, a soldier in Eondel's army

10. Mraize: Sahin Arehe, heir to the Are Plantation / ex-heir to- / it's complicated / Noble Merchant

11. The Honey Badger: Eoni the grandiose peasant

12. Drake Marshall: Ateshao, an itinerant tinker.

13. Bort: Daoate, a member of the Elantris City Guard  Arelish Citizen with Jeskeri Pendant and a Seon

14. Randuir: Saoir, the Royal Archivist Arelish Citizen with Korathi Pendant and Passphrase

15. Kidpen: Amati the farmer

16. Seonid: Sheon Idris, a rockstar trying to get the band back together

17. TheYoungPyromancer: Aladdin, a guy looking for a lamp

18. Dalinar Kholin: Soren Porfiry, procrastinator extraordinaire.

19. STINK: Imperial Mint, an honest to Domi Mint.

20. TheMightyLopen: Nigel, a doctor of some renown

21. Amanuensis: Dio Brando, a vampi- really hot guy. Arelish Priest who had been poisoned

Elantrians

1. Cadmium Compounder: Rhomil, an indiscriminate merchant

2. Droughtbringer: In, head of the Patriarch Seinalan fan club

3. Kynedath: Angrin Nalti Gu Uda Sandrius (ANGUS), the WikiLeaks of Kae

4. Arinian: Eilen the traveler with the mute talking sword

5. Hemalurgic Headshot: Reth Liari, a stereotypical dashing vagabond with enigmatic origins

blu_1524099600.png

Edited by Herowannabe
Note, I accidentally put 5/21 converts because the spreadsheet was still counting Araris, who is dead. I have fixed that.

The writeup indicates that a Jeskeri pendant was used to kill Eternum, so that's one mystery down.

The other notable thing about the write up is that there are only four converts, where there were three at the beginning of the day cycle. This could mean that either the Shu-Dereth team is holding back or the Gyorn didn't pick an Odiv on night 1. If the Gyorn picked an Odiv Night 2, the options are the third original convert, the Elantrian who was converted last night, or Elenion if he didn't pass on his pendant.

The use of the Jeskari Pendant is a little odd on Eternum strikes me as a little odd, he wasn't even on my radar. Was that perhaps based off what was happening day one, or anyone care to explain? It could be an elim/Gyorn hit instead of a village one.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The writeup indicates that a Jeskeri pendant was used to kill Eternum, so that's one mystery down.

The other notable thing about the write up is that there are only four converts, where there were three at the beginning of the day cycle. This could mean that either the Shu-Dereth team is holding back or the Gyorn didn't pick an Odiv on night 1. If the Gyorn picked an Odiv Night 2, the options are the third original convert, the Elantrian who was converted last night, or Elenion if he didn't pass on his pendant.

Could you clarify how we know an Elantrian was converted the last night? And in response to your earlier post, your info has been great, but I would love some analysis on who you think is good and evil. Information is the foundation to good discussion, but right now we need more discussion if we have any hope of finding elims.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Aman told me, Pyromancer, Eternum, and probably Wilson that the Gyorn converted an Elantrian. Since two of those are confirmed villagers, essentially the only alternative is that the Elantrian in question false-claimed being converted, which would mean they're probably evil.

Aman didn't lie. Someone did claim. But how do we know two are villagers?

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

The use of the Jeskari Pendant is a little odd on Eternum strikes me as a little odd, he wasn't even on my radar. Was that perhaps based off what was happening day one, or anyone care to explain? It could be an elim/Gyorn hit instead of a village one.

Could you clarify how we know an Elantrian was converted the last night? And in response to your earlier post, your info has been great, but I would love some analysis on who you think is good and evil. Information is the foundation to good discussion, but right now we need more discussion if we have any hope of finding elims.

Well, I posted a couple times last Night Turn accusing Eternum of being Jeskeri, so I'm guessing someone agreed with me and killed him. It might be completely unrelated, but I kinda doubt it. I guess there's not much harm in them claiming if they want to. I certainly wouldn't count Eternum's death against them, since if I had a Jeskeri Pendant, I very likely would have used it on Eternum.

I think I need to do some serious reviewing of everyone at this point. I'll try to get some of that done tonight, and hopefully place a vote.

A Korathi Pendant was also used last night. In hindsight I probably didn't need to announce when any of the pendants were used but I've already started so it's only fair to continue doing so. 

I have edited that into the first post, which also has the write up and player list and everything now. 

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I passed on my Pendant last Night to someone I think I can trust. Best case scenario for us, the Gyorn hasn't found their Odiv yet. This could have happened if the Gyorn tried to convert the person who passed me the Pendant, and then tried to convert me--nobody knew I was passing my Pendant. If there is an Odiv as of right now (and the Gyorn has incentive to make one early), there are a few options. It could be the original convert, who could have been converted N1 or N2. It could be the converted Elantrian, made Odiv N2. If the original convert was from a Pendant, and they passed that Pendant N1 to avoid being made Odiv, a completely new player could have been made Odiv N2 if they didn't pass the Pendant.

(double-post because you can't quote into edits)

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well, I posted a couple times last Night Turn accusing Eternum of being Jeskeri, so I'm guessing someone agreed with me and killed him. It might be completely unrelated, but I kinda doubt it. I guess there's not much harm in them claiming if they want to. I certainly wouldn't count Eternum's death against them, since if I had a Jeskeri Pendant, I very likely would have used it on Eternum.

I think I need to do some serious reviewing of everyone at this point. I'll try to get some of that done tonight, and hopefully place a vote.

I'm half-wondering if you did Pendant Eternum. You seemed to be the only one who suspected him.

Sorry, I've been inactive yet again. Let me analyze the stuff above me, and I'll edit it in. My analysis, that is.

Alright, so from this cycle: Devotary, the fourth post of the cycle, is the first to bring in some analysis on the cycle. That should make me wonder whether to be suspicious of the first three people. I wondered on that for about three seconds, and ended up not finding that an elim-y move. Everyone here doesn't seem to have the playstyle of being super conservative on analysis when they're an elim (as opposed to being a villager). By that, I mean the three that posted single sentences.

More analysis soon--actually never mind, it will come in roughly seven to sixteen hours, because of my time zone and the fact that I should stop procrastinating.

Edited by Walin

39 minutes ago, Elenion said:

(double-post because you can't quote into edits)

I'm half-wondering if you did Pendant Eternum. You seemed to be the only one who suspected him.

Well, so far I've seen nothing to persuade me away from the theory that everyone with a role started with 1 item and everyone who is vanilla started with 2. I'm a Prince, so my Seon is my only frienditem. Someone could have passed me a Pendant, but why would I lie about something like this? I don't see the point.

Hm. Actually, I just noticed Araris only had a Korathi Pendant when he died, and he was vanilla. He did mention he would probably Poison Aman if he was an eliminator I believe, so it's possible he started with a Poison vial and the theory is still valid.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well, so far I've seen nothing to persuade me away from the theory that everyone with a role started with 1 item and everyone who is vanilla started with 2. I'm a Prince, so my Seon is my only frienditem. Someone could have passed me a Pendant, but why would I lie about something like this? I don't see the point.

Hm. Actually, I just noticed Araris only had a Korathi Pendant when he died, and he was vanilla. He did mention he would probably Poison Aman if he was an eliminator I believe, so it's possible he started with a Poison vial and the theory is still valid.

I just know that with your sense of humor, I wouldn't put joking about that kind of thing past you. I know it was unreasonable: I was only half-wondering. :P

Your theory has interesting implications. If true, that means that scans targeted at players who started with Seons would be more likely to be true than scans targeted at random, because the target would only have a Pendant in addition to their Seon if they were vanilla.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I just know that with your sense of humor, I wouldn't put joking about that kind of thing past you. I know it was unreasonable: I was only half-wondering. :P

Your theory has interesting implications. If true, that means that scans targeted at players who started with Seons would be more likely to be true than scans targeted at random, because the target would only have a Pendant in addition to their Seon if they were vanilla.

Haha, okay. I'd make sure it was obvious I was joking about something like that though, considering I'm in a bit of hot water at the moment. >>

Pyro actually mentioned it first, but yeah, I think there's a fair chance of it being true. Speaking of which, Wilson said that the player Aman scanned had a Seon, so maybe she could ask that player about whether they've got a role? It's not conclusive, especially since the elim could just lie at this point. But if we forced them to lie, it'll make it a little easier to catch them I think. Wilson, what do you think? It might just be a wild goose chase, but I think there's a chance it'll turn out to be useful.

Regardless, we should probably try to focus on the lynch now, and discuss role distribution and such during the Night.

Yeah, I can reach out to that contact. Also, I'll just say here and now that Lopen's posts since I accused him and the PM I created with him last night have mostly assuaged me of that suspicion. I didn't say anything last night about this because I wanted to see what other people said and if anyone else jumped on Lopen with little reasoning beyond my case. I still agree there was a weird tone with that Araris post, but him being Jeskeri is not the only explanation for it so I currently am choosing to look elsewhere.

Edit: one thing I'd like discussed is the possibility of at least one Jeskeri Elantrian. Yes, Aman was a priest and yes he had only been poisoned, but that makes him not a threat to non-Elantrians for at least another cycle. Yet they killed him on his first night in Elantris. Why? I think it's because he was still a threat to them. Which means there is a Jeskeri Elantrian (or two, depending on if one got taken by the Shaod/poisoned). This fits with LG12, where there was a starting Jeskeri Elantrian.