Lord Meeker

18 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

I actually have a character that's basically free, I'll have him discover it.

Perfect!

Do you have a plan how to go on? If you want to have some rp with the council, you could contact Azreal (who's taken Althea's place for E5).

Edited by Sorana

Just going to mention, if you want to ever hold secret meetings in Cassie's shop, go ahead, but be wary of Poller. I doubt Cassie will let him know of any... nefarious activities, and he may end up in the Ghostbloods or a different guild.

• 4 weeks later...

The Shadow crept up to the door, unsure about whether this was correct place or not. She was ready to join the Ghostbloods, but could never be too sure about informants being correct. Of, course, if this was the wrong place, she could always take care of the informant and make sure he never misinformed anyone again.  The red hair that fell around her face disgusted The Shadow. Who ever thought red was good hair color? It made you stand out, and made it nearly impossible to blend in the shadows. That went for the blue eyes, too. Too shiny and reflective of light, completely ruining the whole 'melting into the darkness' thing. Of course, that was just what she needed right now, something different. She wore a dark blue denim jacket over a black sleeveless shirt with a skull on it, as well leggings underneath a black skirt that ended around her mid-thigh. 

The Shadow formed a fist, ready to pound on the door, but then realized that The Shadow would pound, but Arlene would knock, so she gave a few soft knocks to the door with back of her hand, then leapt into the shadows of the building to the right. She wanted to see who opened the door before they saw her, which would be inevitable considering her ridiculous appearance. Her right hand instinctively shot into her left sleeve under her wrist searching for a knife, but then remembered she had placed her knives elsewhere in this stupid jacket. The Shadow shot her hand in a pocket on the inside of the jacket, and her fingers materialized around the perfect knife. If the Ghostbloods decided to just attack her, she would be ready.

Edit: @Sorana

Edited by Scarletfox

12 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

If the Ghostbloods decided to just attack her, she would be ready.

"And hello to you, too." Azreal leaned against a building to the side, his eyes on the woman's hands and arms, on the way she was obviously prepared for a fight. He liked that. But then he always liked his recruits to have some fire, some spice beneath their skin. This one was good looking, with hair and eyes that made her stand out - but that was nothing that couldn't be changed easily. Good instincts, too. She obviously had expected guards of some sorts and rightly so. They always guarded their more 'public' meeting points. No use to be a secret guild if no recruit could ever find you. Only made you die very quickly. It was the balance, where it started to become interesting. Secret enough to keep you headquarters out of the way and obvious enough to have a few spots where people could adress you.

In this case, a not-so-safe safe-house with a location they had carefully hinted at several times to several groups of people.

"How can I help you?" he inquired, never quite leaving his spot at the wall, but his body was tense, ready to move. You never knew how surprised people acted. Especially when they appeared to be as good as this one.

For the sake of my own sanity, I'll reuse Azreal. Otherwise I fear I'll use track of my NPCs...

The Shadow let her arms drop as a man asked her if he could help her, but the tension in her arms was still there, ready to dart into her jacket. She wished that she had sewn that extra pocket under her wrist so that she could let a knife drop into her hand without him seeing, but she banished the thought. She was fairly certain that this man was no civilian offering his help to a lost young woman, so The Shadow straightened, met the strange man's eyes, and announced is a confident voice, the tone a bit higher than normal, "My name is Arlene Rivera, and I am here to join the Ghostbloods. I assume you're one of them?" 

Edited by Scarletfox

On 7.8.2020 at 3:47 PM, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow let her arms drop as a man asked her if he could help her, but the tension in her arms was still there, ready to dart into her jacket. She wished that she had sewn that extra pocket under her wrist so that she could let a knife drop into her hand without him seeing, but she banished the thought. She was fairly certain that this man was no civilian offering his help to a lost young woman, so The Shadow straightened, met the strange man's eyes, and announced is a confident voice, the tone a bit higher than normal, "My name is Arlene Rivera, and I am here to join the Ghostbloods. I assume you're one of them?"

"That is a likely assumption." Azrael nodded while making a show of looking her up and down. He liked this girl. She had fire in her body, pared with self-confidence and hopefully a whole bag of skills.

"What makes you think you're worthy to join?" he asked provocative and pulled a knife from a hidden sheath. He threw it into the air with one hand, expertly catchting its hilt only to throw it up again. A bad habit, but one he had perfected over the course of years. He let his eyes rest on her face, waited for her reply. Maybe he could send her on some kind of assignment. It definitely would be interesting to see how she would act, how she would solve problems.

18 hours ago, Sorana said:

"That is a likely assumption." Azrael nodded while making a show of looking her up and down. He liked this girl. She had fire in her body, pared with self-confidence and hopefully a whole bag of skills.

"What makes you think you're worthy to join?" he asked provocative and pulled a knife from a hidden sheath. He threw it into the air with one hand, expertly catchting its hilt only to throw it up again. A bad habit, but one he had perfected over the course of years. He let his eyes rest on her face, waited for her reply. Maybe he could send her on some kind of assignment. It definitely would be interesting to see how she would act, how she would solve problems.

"That is a likely assumption." The man asked before searching the Shadow with his eyes. The Shadow was glad that she had left her many knives hidden. "What makes you think you're worthy to join?" He then began to toss his knife in the air. So he wanted to show off a bit, the Shadow could play that game. She reached into her jacket and plucked out one of her larger, six inch knives. It was dark obsidian, smooth and cool in her hands. She twirled the knife between her fingers, then threw the knife spinning high, very high into the air. While it was still in the air, she grabbed four of her smaller, two inch knives. Each one of the knives was in between a finger of her right hand, and in a big sweep of her arm, she let them fly toward the wall just to the right of the man. Even as they were hitting the wood, she was bringing out two more knives in her left hand, and one more in her right, allowing them to hit the wall above the first four. In less than a second, the Shadow's blur of hands had created a frowny face of knives, staring out of the wood. She straightened, stepped back, and caught the first knife she had thrown. She again twirled it around, before letting the handle rest in her palm.

"Would you like... further demonstration?" She asked with a smile and a challenging tone.

Edited by Scarletfox

4 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

"Would you like... further demonstration?" She asked with a smile and a challenging tone.

"If you ask like this." his raised an eyebrow, slowly pushed himself off the wall and walked over to her, his knife resting calmly in his palm. "I would never say no to another show of your skills."

Walking over to the door he unlocked it with a set of keys to cover up on the fact that his tattoo was enough and then gestured for her to step inside. "But maybe we should continue our conversation inside?"

He remained standing next to the door, waited to see if she would agree to step through first, enter their territory. Her skill with her knives - he suppressed the smile that touched his lips at the way she had spun them around in the air. Glorious. This woman was exactly to his liking.

"Welcome to the Ghostbloods." he added and bowed slightly, never quite taking his eyes off her. It wasn't exactly their headquarters, but for now it would do. And after her initiation, maybe he could hand her her first assignment as well. See if she was as good working in the field, than she was at showing off.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"If you ask like this." his raised an eyebrow, slowly pushed himself off the wall and walked over to her, his knife resting calmly in his palm. "I would never say no to another show of your skills."

Walking over to the door he unlocked it with a set of keys to cover up on the fact that his tattoo was enough and then gestured for her to step inside. "But maybe we should continue our conversation inside?"

He remained standing next to the door, waited to see if she would agree to step through first, enter their territory. Her skill with her knives - he suppressed the smile that touched his lips at the way she had spun them around in the air. Glorious. This woman was exactly to his liking.

"Welcome to the Ghostbloods." he added and bowed slightly, never quite taking his eyes off her. It wasn't exactly their headquarters, but for now it would do. And after her initiation, maybe he could hand her her first assignment as well. See if she was as good working in the field, than she was at showing off.

The Shadow eyed the man, unsure what to do. If she stepped in first, and looked around the room, he could attack her from behind, if she stepped in first and kept an eye on him, someone in the room could attack her from behind, and she was fairly certain that this man would not let her stay behind him, so she decided to keep an eye on her immediate threats, while alert of others. The Shadow nodded at the man, allowing her lips to curve upward in a smile. She took one step into the doorway, her eyes focused on him, and his knife. She was entering dangerous territory, and there was no turning back. This should be fun, she thought. She took one more big step into the building, her eyes flitting around to get a good take of the room, before letting them return to the man, and his knife. 

17 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow eyed the man, unsure what to do. If she stepped in first, and looked around the room, he could attack her from behind, if she stepped in first and kept an eye on him, someone in the room could attack her from behind, and she was fairly certain that this man would not let her stay behind him, so she decided to keep an eye on her immediate threats, while alert of others. The Shadow nodded at the man, allowing her lips to curve upward in a smile. She took one step into the doorway, her eyes focused on him, and his knife. She was entering dangerous territory, and there was no turning back. This should be fun, she thought. She took one more big step into the building, her eyes flitting around to get a good take of the room, before letting them return to the man, and his knife. 

Cautious. He added to his list of attributes fitting her and smiled when she looked back at him. Good. He followed her inside and closed the door behind him, waving a hand at an Aon placed on the wall nearby, activating it's calm, white glow. Welcoming he gestured towards a table in one corner of the room and sat down himself. The room was empty apart from the two of them.

"Why do you want to join?" he asked and pulled out his device, pushed a few buttons until the words of the oath moved over the screen. "Are you willing to be loyal to the guild and to work on our goals?"

He shut it off again, didn't show her the words yet, just let her think about her reply for a moment.

Would you like to rp the whole initiation, or cover it more quickly?

7 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

I don't have a preference, I'll just do whatever is normal procedure. What would you prefer?

Honestly, I'd prefer to cover it with another post or two. There is no real normal procedure. The only two important parts are getting the tattoo and swearing the oath and lately we added our "universal communication and mapping" device as well (as basically every character has something like that anyway). So you'll get that and that's it.

I'll be gone till sunday, maybe won't post before monday, so if you want to go on with your character, feel free to use Azrael and write a post about her joining so that you can go on. Otherwise I'll gladly rp it with you, but I don't want to block you completely.

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

Honestly, I'd prefer to cover it with another post or two. There is no real normal procedure. The only two important parts are getting the tattoo and swearing the oath and lately we added our "universal communication and mapping" device as well (as basically every character has something like that anyway). So you'll get that and that's it.

I'll be gone till sunday, maybe won't post before monday, so if you want to go on with your character, feel free to use Azrael and write a post about her joining so that you can go on. Otherwise I'll gladly rp it with you, but I don't want to block you completely.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:02 AM, Sorana said:

Cautious. He added to his list of attributes fitting her and smiled when she looked back at him. Good. He followed her inside and closed the door behind him, waving a hand at an Aon placed on the wall nearby, activating it's calm, white glow. Welcoming he gestured towards a table in one corner of the room and sat down himself. The room was empty apart from the two of them.

"Why do you want to join?" he asked and pulled out his device, pushed a few buttons until the words of the oath moved over the screen. "Are you willing to be loyal to the guild and to work on our goals?"

He shut it off again, didn't show her the words yet, just let her think about her reply for a moment.

The Shadow scanned the room one last time to be sure that there were no visible traps, and then sat down in a chair across the table from the man. She looked at him directly in the eyes, and said, "I have a very specific skillset, so I thought, I might as well get paid for it. As long as this place is here, I will work toward the ghostblood's goals and be loyal only to them. I'm new around this city, and I need a bit of direction regarding where to start. I will help you, you will help me. Is that enough?"

The man didn't answer at first, but then said, "You realize that you will need to make some, sacrifices to join?"

"Naturally. I'm fully aware and willing to get the tattoo." It wasn't that big of a sacrifice. Except, she'd always have it. A reminder for the rest of her life the horrible things she would do to reach her goals. 

"And the oath" He asked.

"Of course" The Shadow actually hadn't heard about this one, but as the man put it, she was going to have make sacrifices.

"I'm glad to have an ambitious recruit."

"Give me a chance and I can show you just how ambitious I can be." 

There was a moment of silence before the man smiled, and said "Repeat after me: I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse. That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium. "

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse. That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium. "

"Good" He smiled, then stood. "As for the tattoo, follow me."

The Shadow stood, matching his stance. "Before you take me anywhere, I'm going to need to call you something. What's your name?"

"You can call me Azrael." He then strolled out of the room. The Shadow took one last glance around the room, before following. Azrael led her to a hospital, using his tattoo as a sort of key to enter into a secret hideout underneath. He explained that any ghostblood could use these safe-rooms, and that she was going to get her tattoo here. The Shadow shivered as the door shut behind her. She could very well be being led to her death, but she didn't let it show. She kept her shoulders back with a straight posture, determined to look confident.

Azrael led her to another room where he had her sit down, and began gathering his things. Where was she going to put it? She was surprised to realize that she hadn't thought much about the tattoo's placement, only of its presence. She supposed that just below her left wrist was as good a place as any. Then she could use it to get into hideouts, but also keep it easily hidden. She took off her denim jacket, and used the wet cloth he had given her to clean the area. The Shadow was only the least bit nervous. It would be physically painful, yes, but she had experienced enough of that in her life to be used to it. But mentally painful, that was another story. She hoped that she wouldn't break down in the middle of the procedure. She took a deep breath in, and then out as Azreal returned with the supplies. 

"It will sting a little." He said. "Where would you like it?"

"Right here." The Shadow said pointing to place on her arm halfway from her wrist to her elbow. Azrael gave her a nod, before beginning to forge the symbol into the Shadow forever. She inhaled sharply as the procedure began, her right hand gripping the handle of the chair. It was over surprisingly fast.

"One more thing," he said. Walking over to a cupboard, he unlocked it with his finger as well as the tattoo and retrieved a small device, looking a little like a thin, black box. Carefully he closed the cupboard again and then offered it to the Shadow. "For you. It can map you a way around the city, if you know where you need to go. You can contact those in the headquarter, ask for help or direction, or an update on your orders." he swiped his hand across it, turning it on. "You need to spend a while on the settings and the like, calibrate it to you as well, set some passwords, the usual things. It shouldn't do much harm in the hands of an enemy, but if possible destroy it before it does. Makes it easier for for those cleaning up afterwards."

The Shadow reached out to take the strange object. Interesting. "How exactly does the tattoo work?" The Shadow asked, standing up.

"It's a special kind of ink," he replied. "It can do lots of things, but for now the main thing you need to know is that it will unlock doors for you. You can figure it out with a bit of practice. If you want to find out more, you'll have to train with more experienced ghostbloods. You will be contacted when we want you. Welcome to the ghostbloods."

A genuine smile touched the Shadow's lips. "It's been a pleasure," the Shadow said, moving toward the door. 

"Please, the pleasure was all mine, Ms. Rivera" Azrael replied. 

A couple of things, first, sorry the post was so long. Second, is this what you were thinking? Let me know if you need me to change anything. Third, I wrote most of this with the assumption that the rest was going to be similar to Fadran's initiation, but if it's supposed to be a bit different, let me know. Fourth, for the communicator, I ended up just copy and pasting your description of it to Fadran here, because I don't know enough about it. Fifth, I don't think I quite nailed Azrael's character, so apologies for that (even though he's just an NPC, I try to make things consistent). 

Edited by Scarletfox

On 13.8.2020 at 8:15 PM, Scarletfox said:

A couple of things, first, sorry the post was so long. Second, is this what you were thinking? Let me know if you need me to change anything. Third, I wrote most of this with the assumption that the rest was going to be similar to Fadran's initiation, but if it's supposed to be a bit different, let me know. Fourth, for the communicator, I ended up just copy and pasting your description of it to Fadran here, because I don't know enough about it. Fifth, I don't think I quite nailed Azrael's character, so apologies for that (even though he's just an NPC, I try to make things consistent). 

Thanks a lot! That went exactly the right direction, no need to change anything.

The communicator is a mixture between a mapping device and a chat tool. Nothing too fancy. It can look any way you want.

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Thanks a lot! That went exactly the right direction, no need to change anything.

The communicator is a mixture between a mapping device and a chat tool. Nothing too fancy. It can look any way you want.

Awesome, thanks so much!

• 4 months later...
On 1.1.2021 at 9:15 PM, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

If you want to, you can have some rp leading to them joining,  or you simply claim that they have joined which would be fine for me as well.

Regarding the rp part - i'm not as active as i used to be, due to having a baby now,  so you might/ will have to wait a day or two for me to reply. Sorry, but i can't promise several posts a day.

33 minutes ago, Sorana said:

If you want to, you can have some rp leading to them joining,  or you simply claim that they have joined which would be fine for me as well.

Regarding the rp part - i'm not as active as i used to be, due to having a baby now,  so you might/ will have to wait a day or two for me to reply. Sorry, but i can't promise several posts a day.

I’ll just go ahead and say I’ve joined. Thanks!