Hiya everyone!

I'm new to the forum but I've been a fan of Brandon's (is there a fandom tag for that?) for about 4 years. I remember discovering his books while working night-shift and I had to kill the time. I needed to spend my audible credit so filtered for the best rated, longest book they had and, low and behold, up popped Stormlight Archive. From that point I tumbled into the Cosmere and discovered some of the most wonderful stories I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I followed up the first two Stormlight books with the Mistborn books (which are now a favourite). All this culminated with me meeting the creator himself in London when I picked up my hard-copy of Oathbringer. He fist-bumped me. I died.

I've since finished Oathbringer and decided it's time to hit the forums! I look forward to engaging with you all and talking about all things Sanderson and beyond. 

Now let's get the Horneater Lager flowing!

51 minutes ago, Archer said:

Welcome! If you had to choose a favourite book, what would it be? 

Thank you! I'd have to say that Hero of Ages tops the ranks right now. I love how everything culminates together in the final instalment. Also the character development of Spook is phenomenal. 

The books overall also have these brilliantly magical world/tales but completely relatable characters with familiar problems and thoughts. 20/10 would gorge my eyes on them again.

1 minute ago, Ellard said:

Thank you! I'd have to say that Hero of Ages tops the ranks right now. I love how everything culminates together in the final instalment. Also the character development of Spook is phenomenal. 

The books overall also have these brilliantly magical world/tales but completely relatable characters with familiar problems and thoughts. 20/10 would gorge my eyes on them again.

This is why I point people to Brandon's work when they say that Fantasy can't be literature. Because it totally can.

I would rather try the horneater stew, minus the bits of shell. I am new to the forum as well and am not sure how things work yet. All I know is that I don't want to be a spren anymore, I think adding more comments increases your rank.

I met Brandon Sanderson before I got into the series. I had him sign a copy of Mistborn for my dad, I am kicking myself that I didn't get a couple other books signed for myself. I have read almost every one of his books since. The Stormlight Archive is my favorite, Kaladin's journey as a Bridgman really resonates with me for some reason. 

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

1 hour ago, Lanny said:

I think adding more comments increases your rank.

That's only half true. The rank system is a way of keeping track of how many up votes someone has gotten. Those are the little heart and arrow symbols to the bottom right of a post. The more you collect, the better your rank. There's a list somewhere that has all of them if you search for it. Although it's more likely that creating more posts will give you a better rank, they're not actually connected. I've seen as many as 200 up votes on a single post, and back when you used to be able to give down votes people tried to get the lowest score possible. It's all pretty pointless,  but luckily there's a whole thread made for people to vent about it. (these stupid ranks I think it's called). 

Edited by Archer

I appreciate that. I will try to make some quality posts going forward. Thank you to everyone who felt bad for me and gave me likes, I'm not a spren anymore!

Archer, I like your footnote thing, that's some good advice.  

Edited by Lanny
clarification

4 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Welcome to the shard @Ellard.

Have a cookie and an upvote.

For initiation could you say, "My life to yours, my breath become yours."

I've noticed a few people saying I shouldn't be accepting cookie tributes or "giving my breath" (whatever that means) so I'm inclined not to do either of those things... Thanks though!!

53 minutes ago, Mistspren said:

If you want a spike free cookie, consider this as an option:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for cookie

Spoilers for size.

Certified non-hemalurgic, no disclaimer!

Courtesy of the Light Alley.

Sorry for the double post.

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t the light alley officially destroyed over a year ago?

14 hours ago, Mistspren said:

If you want a spike free cookie, consider this as an option:

Hide contents

Image result for cookie

Spoilers for size.

Certified non-hemalurgic, no disclaimer!

Courtesy of the Light Alley.

Sorry for the double post.

I think, just to play it safe, I'm gonna let you know that I can't do glutton or dairy. Thus no cookies. It's very sad. QQ