I am a stick!

Crysanja

I am a stick. 

What is ‘am’?  Do you know the meaning of the word?  ‘Am’ is but an expression of your universal self in its eternal cycle of existence.   So even though you ‘am’ a stick now, it’s really the same thing as you ‘am’  fire.  Say the words ‘I am fire.’ You’ll see it’s true.

I am a stick.

Stick, do you know how many sticks long to be fire?  To burn brightly and be a light to the world?  You’re crazy to pass this chance up to light up the world.

I am a stick. 

Did you not know that fire is the highest ambition of all sticks?  That it’s, like, the first dahn of sticks?  

I am a stick.

Listen, stick.  Let’s play a game.  If you be fire, I’ll be warm and toasty. 

I am a stick.

Hey, stick, fires are babe magnets.  They get to meet all the cute chick sticks. 

I am fire!

"I am a stick!"

"I promise to put you out after I light this pile of kindling."

"I am a STICK!"

"You can be a hero. How many sticks become heroes? You can become the stick that all other sticks aspire to be."

"I am a stick"

"Fire or excrement. I think I see a beaver."

Just FYI, if I ever get to meet Brandon when he visits the UK I am going have T-shirt printed to wear to the signing.

It will be plain black with white letters and just say:

"I am a stick"

I very much plan on doing something similar (although I missed the Sanderson signing in Seattle). I am going to make a white shirt though with black letters and a very simply drawn stick in a circle (to represent the sphere). I will high five any who recognize the significance of the stick.

I very much plan on doing something similar (although I missed the Sanderson signing in Seattle). I am going to make a white shirt though with black letters and a very simply drawn stick in a circle (to represent the sphere). I will high five any who recognize the significance of the stick.

stick.png

All very brave attempts but the truth is that you have no chance because, as his character profile on TV Tropes states, he is the stickiest of sticks and will not be persuaded otherwise.

I felt he deserved an entry so I added one two weeks ago.

(PS Maybe Brandon needs to have 'I am a Stick!' T-shirts added to his store.)

"I'm a stick!"

If you continue as your present self, you may find it hard to enjoy your stick existence.

"I'm a..stick?"

What I'm saying, if you aren't aware, is the world is using sticks as chull suppositories.

"What the... stick.. I'm a stick."

Yeah, it's disgusting. I don't even understand why. Maybe it's to prevent them "going" when they are in important places.

"...stick.."

I can get you out of this, but you may want to prevent the stable hands from seeing you. Maybe, if you take my stormlight and turn into a burnt ember, then they won't use you. No promises. I just thought you should know.

"Fire.. make me fire! Almighty, please, make me fire!"

"I am a stick."

"Yes, you are. You are a particular nice stick."

"I am a stick."

"And so I thought I give you a name because you're so a nice stick. What do you think?"

"I...I am a stick."

"I thought I give you the name 'fire'. A nice name for a nice stick."

"..."

"Let me introduce me properly. Hi! I'm starspren."

"I am fire."

I need you to become fire.

I'm a stick.

Please, become fire.

I'm a stick.

But you're dying already.

What? I'm a stick.

You're away from your tree - cut off. You're dead. You're no more alive now than if you were fire and becoming fire can help save me.

I'm a stick.

Fine! I guess we'll both die - together.

Die?

Yes. Cease to exist. Become nothing. You're already on your way and I suppose I'll be joining you.

Maybe . . . <FIRE>

"I need you to be some fire for me. It's pretty cold out here."

"I am a stick"

-waves a hand over the stick- "These aren't the droids..." -cough- "I mean... you are fire."

"I... am... a stick!"

"Hm, a stick really should be too weak minded to resist... wait, I'm in the wrong universe again!" 

"I am a stick."

"You will be fire or you'll be many sticks."

"I am a stick!"

*Breaks stick."

"We are a stick!" "We are a stick!"

*Breaks both sticks*

"We are a stick!" "We are a stick!" "We are a stick!' "We are a stick!"

...Kelek's Breath...

• 2 months later...

I am a stick.

I would like you to become fire.

I am a stick.

Yes, but I think you should become fire. Warm...bright...doesn't that sound good?

I am a stick.

Look, you've got nothing going for yourself now! You've been abandoned on this beach. 

I am a stick.

I am a--

Yes, yes! I get it. You're a stick.

I am--

Shutup!!

I am a stick!

Well you're not going to be one for much longer!

I am a stick!

You will be fire!

I am a stick!

... *sigh*

I am a stick.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I totally brainstormed with my family about this, and amazingly, my mother-in-law came up with the best one we could think of.

"I am a stick."

"You are an ember in embryo"

"I am a stick."

"That's what I just said; an ember in embryo."

(She then stated that she has spent the last 26 years trying to get sticks to become fires, so she should know.) :lol:

Edited by Melaan

I can't tell you guys how disappointed I will be if the last scene of the Stormlight Archives isn't Shallan wandering down a beach with a can of gasoline and a match.

"I am a stick!"

"Hello again, my old friend."

Edited by Quiver

Anybody want to order T-shirts?

front.jpg

http://www.customink.com/signup/94r1l1qr

If anybody wants to order a T-shirt just for the fun of it. Use the above link to input quantity and size by 8/31/14. $30 each (for full disclosure, they will cost me $26.75 each including tax, plus my cost to then mail them to you).  If we end up ordering 10+ shirts, it will be less, and I will issue a partial refund; I do not want to make 1 penny from this.  Just pay me via PayPal with my e-mail address, [email protected]

You should have it by October, 2014.

(Admins: If this violates any forum rules, please delete this post and accept my apology).