Sart

45 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Scar wasn't evil, he was just misunderstood ;)

I mean, if we are discussing portrayals in hamlet the lion king, I'm pretty sure lions eat more carrion than hyenas do.

Orlok as thief lines up, and I approve of encouraging fair play.

I appreciate the activity levels of this game.

And finally, a Jondesu lynch seems to have emerged. Might even give Alv his tie; we'll see where this goes. For now I'm not moving my vote.

Alvron, Jondesu, mainly to open up the lynch, and to see whether anyone changes it further. A tie does sound interesting. I believe the vote count is now as follows:

Alvron: Kynedath, Jondesu, BR, Drake, Elenion (5)
Jondesu: Steeldancer, LivingLegend, Orlok, Eternum (4)
Orlok: Caesura (1)

Hmm, do I want a tie or do I want it to be my big reveal post I have typed up already?  Decisions decisions.  Ooh I know.  I'll flip a coin.  Heads a tie, tails a reveal.

[spinning coin sounds]

And the result is......

To be revealed later. :P 

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

Hmm, do I want a tie or do I want it to be my big reveal post I have typed up already?  Decisions decisions.  Ooh I know.  I'll flip a coin.  Heads a tie, tails a reveal.

[spinning coin sounds]

And the result is......

To be revealed later. :P 

You only have 20 minutes :P

On 2/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, Eternum said:

I did not downplay the importance of acid to the village, as you say, @Jondesu. I only mentioned that it seems to be very useful to Elims, and less so to us, but I may have confused the roleblock ability's use. Does it mean that the target can't take an action at all? Because if so, it's a lot more versatile than I thought.

I have managed to find some time and I'm currently catching up on the thread, making some notes. I'll post any thoughts I have, and a response to all of your accusations, once I'm on my PC, however. 

37 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Here's the thing, Acid can be useful to the village, but it takes too much luck. So Jon defending the Acid bucket was weird tbh. I'll place my vote on Jondesu because I'm growing more and more suspicious of them.

Apparently, Eternum changed their opinion on acid buckets somewhere in between these two posts. I don't think that Jondesu should be lynched for choosing to take an acid bucket, so I will vote for Alvron. Also, I'd rather read Alv's reveal post than have a tie.

Wait... what? We literally have a field of 5 players where we know 2 of them are elims, but yet we have a bandwagon forming on Jon?

I've gotta run to work in like 3 minutes, and I won't be on for turnover, but I'm going to pitch a defense for Jon.

1. If you're an elim, and you know that item choices are going to be looked at, would you go for the item that has a possible elim use?

2. If Jon targets the player making the elim kill with the acid, no elim kill and that player is toast because Jon can just tell us who they are and we lynch them. I'd say that's pretty beneficial for us.

OK, things just got a little better with Devotary's post, but I'm still concerned.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Apparently, Eternum changed their opinion on acid buckets somewhere in between these two posts. I don't think that Jondesu should be lynched for choosing to take an acid bucket, so I will vote for Alvron. Also, I'd rather read Alv's reveal post than have a tie.

Hey now.  Don't make my coin toss meaningless.  That's mean. :P 

Since I am not long for this game, I guess it's time for my reveal.  Yes, it's that type of game folks.

I am the Sneaky person that took the Map. :o [pause for gasps]
Spoilered so as to not scar Steel any more than I already have. :P Don't open the spoiler Steel, you really don't want to open it.  Like really.  Wait!  What are you doing??  Don't open it!

Related image

I took it for almost the same reason Orlok decided not to take Bribes.  I could see the game was broken with the Supply mechanic and wanted to remove the items to give the Elims a fighting chance.  At least partly, I also want to irritate Joe but sadly he died.  I do wonder if Joe went after the Map for reasons similar to those Orlok and myself had.  Guess I'll be able to ask him soon.

I have given the Map to another and have asked them not to use it.  I am not going to say who or if they replied.  Orlok, you want fun, hunt down the new Map holder and steal it from them. :P  Let's see how long it takes you.

Oh and the coin says, Jon.  Somehow the Coin landed on it's edge between a book and the wall.  So you get both.

The platoon realized something was seriously amiss. Why in God's name was there a seriously creepy clown among them? It made no sense. The camp turned to accost Ronald McDonald.

"Hey guys, want to hear a joke?" asked Ronald lightheartedly. The soldiers merely stared. How had they not noticed him before? He continued, blithely ignoring their confusion. "I took..." he paused for dramatic effect. "...the map!" He laughed wholeheartedly, squeaking his rubber nose several times for emphasis. The town continued to stare.

"That's not funny." said one soldier. "Give it back!" said another.

"Want to know what else is funny?" continued the clown. "Drake died while you were all watching me!" The town looked behind them. Sure enough, Drake had indeed been murdered by someone.

"And you want to know the kicker? Orlok..." he was laughing at his own jokes now, "Orlok, the thief you know. He's taking..." He was nearly barreled over laughing. "He's taking the gun! Man, ain't that a kick to the head?" The town noticed he was telling the truth, but had more important things on their mind, like shutting up this darn clown.

"Give us the map!" someone yelled. "Let me just pull it out of my sleeve." He yanked, and a colorful ribbon of fabric started billowing out of his shirt cuff. "No, not that one, or that one. Maybe this one. I'm sure I'll find it soon!" He continued to pull the long ribbon out of his sleeve, laughing all the while.

The village had quickly tired of this charade, and a swift blow to the head ended it. They quickly searched the body, not finding the map, or anything indicating the clown was a Forgotten. In the end, Ronald had gotten the last laugh.

Vote Count:
Alvron (6): Kynedath, Jondesu, Devotary of Spontaneity, Brightness Radiant, Drake Marshall, Elenion
Jondesu (5): Steeldancer, Living Legend, Orlok Tsubodai, Eternum, Alvron
Orlok (1): Caesura

Alvron was lynched. He was a Sneaky Soldier.
Drake was killed. He was a Prepared Soldier. A Bucket of Acid was returned to the camp supply.

Items Taken:

Spoiler
  • Kynedath took a Bucket of Acid.
  • Devotary of Spontaneity took a Bucket of Acid.
  • Manukos took a Bucket of Acid.
  • Brightness Radiant took a Bucket of Acid.
  • Steeldancer took a Bribe.
  • Monster Metroid took a Bribe.
  • Orlok took the Gun!

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 3 Bribes

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. Kynedath: Myka
  2. MacThorstenson: Thorstein Prepared Soldier
  3. Jondesu: Kadal
  4. Caesura: Lara
  5. Steeldancer: Steelchalk
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity: Cacooo Moreau
  7. livinglegend: Lenny
  8. MonsterMetroid: Nb'nub
  9. Orlok Tsubodai: Orlok
  10. A Joe in the Bush: Joel Soldier
  11. manukos: General Manukos the IV
  12. BrightnessRadiant: Mya
  13. Eternum: Aiden
  14. Drake Marshall: Drake Prepared Soldier
  15. Elenion: Mr. Klenien
  16. Alvron: Ronald Sneaky Soldier
  17. A Budgie: Rose-Mary Soup

The Cycle will end on Thursday February 8, at 7:00 PM Eastern Time.

bla_1518134400.png

Edited by Sart
Fixed grammar

Oops. I forgot to get back on and put in an action before the cycle ended, hence why I didn’t take anything. Actually, I was considering using my bucket or doing something else, but still...cycle wasted. Sorry.

What the heck was that bandwagon on me all about? Because I took the acid, which was well and thoroughly explained prior to the bandwagon forming? Had Alv come up Elim I’d be suspicious. As it is, I’m mostly just annoyed and puzzled. That said, I could see there being an Elim or two hiding in a bandwagon like that potentially. I’ll focus on the suspects we have the most information about for now, though.

Mr. Klenien poked his head out of his tent. The morning had passed uneventfully after the clown debacle, and so he had decided to take a nap. He didn't get many of those: fighting at the Tower did not leave a person time for such things, and before that his fiance had wanted him to spend every free moment with her. That had been enjoyable, of course, but it didn't lend itself well to a healthy sleep schedule. Stooping down to tighten down the laces on his glossy boots--his fiance had insisted on shining them before he had left, for luck--he groaned slightly. He hadn't seen any rocks on the ground when he had pitched the tent, but his back begged to differ.

The mess tent was a hubbub of voices. Usually it was quiet; the soldiers usually were more concerned about chowing down than socializing, but today you could tell that the camp was on edge. Mr. Klenien got his food and purposefully sat down alone. He had two reasons for that. The first was personal: he thought better when he was alone. The second was practical: it was hard to stab someone you weren't next to.

Finally, he got to his feet and the tent quieted somewhat.

"Ladies, gents. I have a grave accusation to make. I've been doing some accounting of what we were doing during the Joe murder yesterday, and I can say with some certainty that Mya (BR) was the person who killed Joe. I don't make this accusation lightly, but something must be done.

"I'm sure you're all familiar with the fact that all but six of us saw each other in the supply tent. Of those that were gone, we can account for their actions. The clown Ronald was not a traitor, so he could not have done it. The kleptomaniac Orlok could not have, either, because it's not in his nature to kill. We can also account for Aiden (Eternum), because he saw said kleptomaniac stealing and accosted him about it. Rose-Mary Soup (Budgie) claims to not have been in the camp that morning because they got lost, and I believe them. Nb'nub (Monster) was not with us, but it was he who suggested that we look into alibis, and he does not strike me as the suicidal type. That leaves only Mya (BR).

Edited by Elenion
typo

12 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

AHHHHHHHHH NO MORE CLOWNS THEY"RE SO FREAKY!!!!

Ok, that answers my one major suspicion of Orlok, if Eternum backs up the story, Orlok. So... that answers my question as to why no one took any bribes last night. 

I am going to vote Jondesu. Why did you take an acid bucket? As someone pointed out earlier, an acid bucket is something that benefits the elims in particular. I'm not sure what to make of what my analysis turned up, but hopefully it'll be more useful next cycle, with more comparisons to make. 
I... don't know how to feel about Orlok's announcement. I believe his claim, but I do understand there are definetly some balance issues, but I don't think the game is broken. Didn't someone say the elims could potentially win in 4 cycles? I also don't know how I feel about Orlok getting a gun. I don't know about you guys, but Orlok with kill roles can be a little terrifying (see LG36). A neutral Orlok with a kill role? Well, I hope he is smart with that.
I will also try to be more active in PMs next cycle, but my homework is just... really freaking annoying. Poking me might help.  

Steeldancer, why would you, as a villager, worry about my having a kill role, based on my historical accuracy? This seems like an attempt to cast doubt on me, given it’s not a sensible objection to my having the capability to kill.

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Mr. Klenien poked his head out of his tent. The morning had passed uneventfully after the clown debacle, and so he had decided to take a nap. He didn't get many of those: fighting at the Tower did not leave a person time for such things, and before that his fiance had wanted him to spend every free moment with her. That had been enjoyable, of course, but it didn't lend itself well to a healthy sleep schedule. Stooping down to tighten down the laces on his glossy boots--his fiance had insisted on shining them before he had left, for luck--he groaned slightly. He hadn't seen any rocks on the ground when he had pitched the tent, but his back begged to differ.

The mess tent was a hubbub of voices. Usually it was quiet; the soldiers usually were more concerned about chowing down than socializing, but today you could tell that the camp was on edge. Mr. Klenien got his food and purposefully sat down alone. He had two reasons for that. The first was personal: he thought better when he was alone. The second was practical: it was hard to stab someone you weren't next to.

Finally, he got to his feet and the tent quieted somewhat.

"Ladies, gents. I have a grave accusation to make. I've been doing some accounting of what we were doing during the Joe murder yesterday, and I can say with some certainty that Mya (BR) was the person who killed Joe. I don't make this accusation lightly, but something must be done.

"I'm sure you're all familiar with the fact that all but six of us saw each other in the supply tent. Of those that were gone, we can account for their actions. The clown Ronald was not a traitor, so he could not have done it. The kleptomaniac Orlok could not have, either, because it's not in his nature to kill. We can also account for Aiden (Eternum), because he saw said kleptomaniac stealing and accosted him about it. Rose-Mary Soup (Budgie) claims to not have been in the camp that morning because they got lost, and I believe them. Nb'nub (Monster) was not with us, but it was he who suggested that we look into alibis, and he does not strike me as the suicidal type. That leaves only Mya (BR).

@Elenion, why do you so easily discount Budgie from your analysis? BR suggested item accountability, which I think poses a greater threat to the eliminators than Monster’s suggestion, yet you acquit Monster and vote on BR. Why?

14 hours ago, Elenion said:

I've been wondering if Orlok was the thief since a player asked me in PM if I had a way to find the thief, but it looks like I won't have to worry about that anymore.

I suggest we let Orlok live. One, because we didn't really earn the right to lynch him: he revealed himself without any analysis calling him out as the thief in specific. Two, I'm really liking his gun plan, because I don't want to lose a herd to the gun nor give it up completely for the elims to take.

I'm not sure if the game will be completely broken, because we have no leads on two of the elims (assuming 4 exist), but right now it does feel a little like shooting fish in a barrel. I'll have to think about letting Orlok overtly aid the elims.

I can't integrate this quote as an edit, so forgive me for the double post.

This post also struck me as off, Elenion. It reads to me as deliberate overconfidence in the lynch on Alvron, to create an impression of surprise when he turns up as a villager. I don't think I've missed another clue as large as the C1 items, but am happy to be corrected if there is indeed a valid place for the second suspicion.

Would you also mind explaining why you thought there were four eliminators? Sart hadn't yet posted, and his post seems indicative of there being four, due to the C1 exposure, but without that acknowledgement, I'm interested in how you got this number.

About the 4 elims: what I did was use the square root rule to get 4, then look at the game state with 3, 4, and 5 elims. With 3 elims we'd only be 18% elim, which is possible but a bit on the low end, especially because we have more than 16 players. 5 is out of the question, because that's almost 30% elim, far too high. 4 elims would be 24% elim, right in the 20-25% sweet spot that I like for balance.

I've gotta go so I'll make this quick and expound later.

I disagree that BR's suggestion is as scary for the elims as Monster's. Reasons forthcoming.

Of course I was confident in the Alv lynch. It hadn't entered my mind that Alv would have played against his own faction, and so I calculated at the time that we had 2 elims in a field of 5. Even lynching blindly that's nearly a 50% chance of success, and Alv I had a negative read on even out of that group.

I still need to reread the past cycles to check against assumptions I have made so I will make a more detailed post later. But I did want to voice some thoughts I've been having.

First is Orlok... yesterday was a real game changer I said last cycle I thought Orlok was villager because of their posts and I guess I was... sort of right, at least in the fact that he is not elim ( though if he was boy oh boy what a play! haha).  He did suggest that we hamper ourselves because this game is not in the elims favor (I'm not experienced enough to make a call on whether this is true or not, but it seems to me that we didn't really get as useful information today as we did cycle one so it doesn't seem broken to me but maybe I'm missing something) I only bring this up because... the thought crosses my mind that though orlok is a neutral party maybe he isn't neutral in his gameplay. I'm not accusing him saying that he is going to favor the elims with his playstyle, I'm just saying he might not completely favor the villagers either. It's just a thought that I had that I think we should watch for.

Next is Eternum, so I did ask orlok to confirm about eternum that he did message him about being scanned and orlok wouldn't confirm or deny either way so as to not help eliminate or expose potential elim suspects. So... I guess Eternum is still not completely off my radar yet because without that confirmation he is just backing up what orlok said innn a previous post, that being said it would be a ballsy move to risk yourself on a lie like that not knowing that orlok would expose you or not.

Anyways I don't want to cast a vote until I reread the past cycles.

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to edit this into my original post but I'm not going to because I posted it two hours ago and I thought someone else would have posted by now. Which brings me to my first point, Guys we need to be Active!!! Only through analysis can we catch elims and if there is no discussion then we can't analyze.

So as I was reading through the previous cycles I noticed some things. and these are in no particular order.

@BrightnessRadiant was the one that suggested that we announce what we were going for. at the time this made sense to me but looking over everything Joe then claimed to be going after the map and got killed. I think it was because the elims knew he was going for the map and wanted to keep it on the field. Luckily for us Alvron grabbed the map and it is now hidden somewhere and will hopefully be used soon. This combined with her few posts (even though the excuses sound legit... but wouldn't an elim use legit sounding excuses :P ), and her being amoung the 6 original suspects do make me a bit concerned about her.

@A Budgie I kind of hate bringing this up as a reason to be suspicious of someone but Budgie has only posted a total of 3 times in this game (4 if you count sign up). He is among the original 6 suspects and appears to me to be trying to avoid attention and making the bare minimum posts. He has definately been on enough to put in an action but it doesn't appear as if he actually has. I definitely would at least like more participation from him.

@Steeldancerwas the first to vote for alvron though this was admittedly the first cycle, but he didn't vote for alvron the last cycle, and he and orlok had a bit of a spat over PM's. I don't fully understand it but I guess maybe Orlok may have messed up one of Steels plans about dividing information and hasn't posted yet this cycle.

And lastly is @Elenion through my rereads came out as a bit suspicious to me. I don't think I noticed it the first time because he backed me up as being likely village but he immediately backed up my analysis of the six and said we likely had 2 elims in the group because the map stealer (which we now know was a false assumption). If there is only 1 elim in the group of six I think an elim would be happy to trade 5 villagers for 1 elim and it doesn't seem like the elims are targeting any of us in the 6 yet, likely leaving us for lynch opportunities. He has already accused BR (which granted she is on my list too) but just for science lets assume there are 3, 4 or 5 elims and see our percentage chances.

13 total 1 elim in group 2 in group
in group 20% 40%
out of the group 3 total elims 28.50% 14.29%
out of group 4 total 42.85% 28.50%
out of group 5 total 57.14% 42.85%

So by what we are guaranteed (1 elim in the group) it looks like our chances of finding an elim is better if we look outside of the 1st day group of suspects. If we know two elims are in the group the chances are a bit better to hit one.

Now if we make the assumption that Orlok is the thief and eternum is a villager

13 total not including
orlok and eternum
1 elim in group of 3 2 in group of 3
in group 33% 66%
out of the group 3 total elims 28.50% 14.29%
out of group 4 total 42.85% 28.50%
out of group 5 total 57.14% 42.85%

which does give us slightly better odds in the group assuming there are 3 total elims or way better if  there are 2 elims in the group. 

But at this point I'm not sure if there are 2 elims in the group I have 2 suspects for sure but I'm not sure if both are elims to say the least.

Sorry for the ramble at the end there kind of thinking out loud, but my point is that the assumption of 2 elims would make targeting insdie the group much more attractive but we dont KNOW that there are 2 elims in the group.

Right. The eliminators seemed confident in their message, so I'll confirm that Eternum did indeed contact me at the beginning of C2, asking for me to help the village, and promising me a bribe if I did.

I also trust MonsterMetroid, both from their posts, and our PM conversation. His reaction to something I claimed seemed far to genuine, and too quick, to be faked. As such, only BR or Budgie can have made the kill. Elenion is, I think, suspicious in his own right, his lynch will be of someone outside the group, and if he's evil, lynching him gives us a second eliminator, too.