Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

Sweet, it’s nice to know that we as the red team don’t have to waste a guess on Szeth for “Stormlight.” ;)

looking over the rest of the codenames, I don’t see any more that might relate to Stormlight (mayyyyyybe Kalak, but that’s stretching it), so we must have already picked up the second one, probably with “Spren.”

3 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

That’s pretty clearly “Lifeless.” Would everyone agree?

Yeah, I'll guess it now.

Lifeless

11 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Sweet, it’s nice to know that we as the red team don’t have to waste a guess on Szeth for “Stormlight.” ;)

looking over the rest of the codenames, I don’t see any more that might relate to Stormlight (mayyyyyybe Kalak, but that’s stretching it), so we must have already picked up the second one, probably with “Spren.”

Agreed. I'm done guessing for this turn.

14 minutes ago, Ladrian said:

That's genius, I happen to be fond of that game as well.

You might still be able to jump in! Or wait for the next game if you’d prefer a clean board.

I just looked at the board and realized I had Shashara confused with Shalash. Any objections from the red team to locking in Shashara (one of the Five Scholars from Warbreaker), Tet Wikim Davar (Shallan’s bookish brother who might become an ardent) and Noorden (the Obligator who later helped Elend do the records and books for his new Empire)?

@Steeldancer, @Rebecca, @Darkness_

Edited by Jondesu
Added player tags

1 hour ago, Ladrian said:

That's genius, I happen to be fond of that game as well.

You’re welcome to join in any time. :) If you sign up now we’ll stick you on a team and you can start playing immediately. Or if you want to hold off, it looks like one way or another the current game will be done in a few days and then we’ll start a new round. ;) 

Great game everyone!  I'm definitely up to play again.  

In case anyone's wondering, here's a recap of the Red Team's clues:

Nobleman 4:

• Tet Wikim Davar, Waxillium Ladrian, Noorden, King Yomen
  • I had hoped that the gendered Nobleman would convey male
  • Guessed: Waxillium Ladrian, Sophi Tarcsel

Modification 2:

• Dilaf, Axies the Collector
  • Here i was also considering Deformity or Disfigurement.  Shardblade was a happy accident
  • Guessed: Axies the Collector, Shardblade, Dilaf

Male 3:

• Tet Wikim Davar, Noorden, King Yomen
  • This was supposed to pair with the 3 remaining Noblemen, but it didn't work out very well
  • Guessed: King Yomen, Szeth

Scholar 3:

• Tet Wikim Davar, Noorden, Shashara
  • This is the only clue that worked out the way I thought it was going to
  • Guessed: Shashara, Tet Kimim Davar, Noorden

Congrats red team! :)

@xinoehp512 or @Scion of the Mists can one of you please post the key card into the spreadsheet, like I did for Round 1? Thanks. :)

Now starting sign ups for Round 3! Remember we’ll need two people to be Spymasters, so if you’d like to volunteer that’s would be great. Everyone else will be assigned to teams based on the order they sign up. 

When I get some free time (@Disclaimer: it might not be until tomorrow or Sunday) I’ll get a new grid posted and get this thread updated with links and etc. 

tagging everyone who participated last round in case they want to join in again. ;)

@Steeldancer @Rebecca @Darkness_ @Jondesu @luckat @Herowannabe @Hemalurgic Headshot @Kered @xinoehp512 @Scion of the Mists

Okay, getting close to starting Round 3. I have populated the grid in the spreadsheet (as always, the codenames themselves don't contain any direct spoilers anything, but following the links will lead to wiki entries that might contain spoilers for various series, including Stormlight Archive, Mistborn, Elantris, and Warbreaker). Take a look and feel free to offer suggestions before the round begins. 

Something new for round 3:

So this round, lets make a slight alteration to the rules and play with the "Eightball" variant.  If you aren't familiar with this variant, it's basically the same as the regular rules, except that after a team has located all of its agents it then has to also locate the Assassin in order to win the game. There is one slight rule change with this variant: if a team discovers the assassin but hasn't discovered all of their agents then the game does NOT immediately end. Instead, it goes into sudden death mode, and that team gets an unlimited number of guesses to try to locate the rest of their agents. If they are able to find the rest of their agents without making any mistakes then they win. If they discover an innocent bystander or an agent from the opposing team, then they immediately lose and the other team wins. 

Make sense? Any questions? :)

Player List:

@luckat (Red Spymaster)

@Rebecca

@Jondesu

@Scion of the Mists

@xinoehp512

@Darkness_ 

Me @Herowannabe

We have plenty of people to start, but only 1 volunteer for spymaster so far. I'll give it another day or so, and if nobody else volunteers then I will happily do it. :)

EDIT: FYI, I have updated the first post in this thread to include all the rules and guidelines that we have settled on over the past couple games and make it all official. Also, I have edited the second post to include quick links to the first post of each game, to make navigating the thread a bit easier. 

Edited by Herowannabe