Mid-Range Game 26: Sands of Lossand

Jondesu

20 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

1/14 chance is based there being 14 players other than yourself that you could have targeted with an action last night. While it is true that Darkness was being more active than most players, this is balanced out by the idea that there are likely as many or more eliminators than village snoops and arms dealers.

So, was your targeting of me a 1/14 chance. I would be targeting the mist activexplayers first to figure out their alignments. This game, for C1, I would have picked one if darkness, walin or alv to snoop on.

5 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I hope you're aware we're playing Elimination. Amazingness does not make one any less viable as being an elim. Drought.

True but my Amazingness does mean you should never, ever, ever lynch, kill or scan me.  :D  Ever!

Vote Tally:
Rand (2): Kyne, Devotary, Steel
Ari (1): Alv, Legend
Alv (1): Road
Walin (1): Legend, Straw
Straw (1): Walin
Legend (1): Alv
Budgie (2): Drought, Mega
Drought (0): Steel

So it's currently tied between Budgie and Rand.  Devotary's post about Rand was very interesting but I'm getting a minor village read on Rand.  On the other hand, I have seen Budgie looking over the thread a few times but they only posted after Drought placed a vote on them which always gives off an elim vibe to me.  But since the vote is currently tied, I'm more than happy to leave it as it is.  :) 

Chocolarzin looked up pleading at the three who towered over him. Droughtbringer and Autch Vat had decided that Chocolarzin seemed suspicious, and they were determined to beat a confession out of him, rather than take another unsure decision to Koralis.

"Who's in charge of the Black Sands?"

"Why'd you kill Grevilar?"

"What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

"Who's a good boy?"

Apparently Chocolarzin had taken leave of his senses as Talzeen joined in at the end, finding peacefulness in unconsciousness, and resting forever.

Try as they might, though, the three accusers could find nothing linking to the Black Sands, so they slunk off and neglected to report to Koralis, fearing his wrath.

A Budgie has been lynched! They were a Kor Thief!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

This cycle will end in 24 hours, at 8PM EST on Sat Dec 30.

ora_1514682000.png

Talzeen cursed. He'd been certain the Swallow airspeed question would have tripped Chocolarzin up and revealed his loyalties. But the stony-faced bastard had just responded with a question about day-side and dark-side swallows. In the end, he hadn't admitted to anything.

This was bad. If he had been able to prove Chocolarzin's guilt, then some of the heat might have been taken off him. His life expectancy looked pretty short right now.

Talzeen quickly hurried home. If that Snoop was still watching him, then staying home and keeping his head down would be the best way to convince everyone that he wasn't involved with these murders.

Edited by randuir

I may be busy at rollover tonight, so it may be delayed.  The next cycle may also be extended because of the New Year's holiday, though, so I don't expect it will matter too much. I do still expect all actions to be submitted by 8PM EST tonight, however!

BTW, I feel like I'm misremembering, is there another color I'm supposed to use as GM instead of blue?

35 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

BTW, I feel like I'm misremembering, is there another color I'm supposed to use as GM instead of blue?

Not that I know off. Blue might even eb redundant as your the Gm adn your word is law and objectively true anyway, but it stands out nice, so it's suitable for these announcements.

41 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Yup the village lynches haven't helped.

It's just C2. It would have been a minor miracle or a major slip-up if an elim had been caught by now. With the exception of the two most recent games I've played elims weren't caught before C3 or so.

I guess since I've managed to get two actions off, it's time for another call on suspicion. Because I want suspicion. Makes the game interesting.

I'm an Arms Dealer, and if the elims don't kill me by tonight I'll reveal the first person that I gave a gun to. It will probably be a lie. If I don't get killed (either by votes or a gun) I'll reveal two names that I have not given guns to.

Those could be lies, but I think I'll just tell the truth by that point.

RP for further context:

Suspicion had been drawn on Rennid once again. Fortunately, others acted more strangely than him, and brought Koralis' wrath upon them instead. The boxes of food didn't seem to have a purpose yet, though they did allow Rennid to avoid the general market. He could just eat from home. A note slipped under the door while he was having lunch, and Rennid remembered.

He still had to go out, or else he would draw even more suspicion. The boxes of food would not have any use in being eaten.

Rennid decided that he would try and bargain with the others. The suspicion would always be there, and he couldn't keep relying on others to draw it away from him. Rennid got a courier to tell the others that Rennid wanted to meet, and would "tell the truth about his actions." He then went to each of their houses and explained about the hoarding, hoping they would believe him and stop considering him a member of the Black Sands. He forgot that there were more things that could make him suspicious.

The explaining itself could cause him to be a target.

Rennid slept fitfully that night. Visions of Koralis’ wrath when he’d heard about the killing of Chocolarzin kept him in a constant state of fear, and nervous enough that he kept one of his gun under his pillow for security. Plus another two under his blanket. And his extra powder keg handy in case he needed to reload.

Sadly, that would be his undoing. A shadow briefly darkened his door and tossed in a small burning candle before disappearing into the market outside. It landed with a soft thud next to the keg, just loud enough to wake Rennid and cause him to look towards the keg, eyes opening wide in fear and realization.

Pieces of him were still being found hours later.

Walin has died! They were a Black Market Arms Dealer!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid Black Market Arms Dealer
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

This cycle will run through 8PM EST Jan 1, 2018, unless I receive at least 8 votes in favor of extending it. New Year’s Eve is when most people will be up late, so it shouldn’t matter. Timer will be added later since I’m on mobile.

Edited by Jondesu
Typo

9 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Hmm... Interesting that ALV forgot to count my vote against him in his vote tally.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:11 AM, Alvron said:

Vote Tally:
Rand (2): Kyne, Devotary, Steel
Ari (1): Alv, Legend
Alv (1): Road
Walin (1): Legend, Straw
Straw (1): Walin
Legend (1): Alv
Budgie (2): Drought, Mega
Drought (0): Steel

Don't know what you are talking about Road.  Your vote on me is clearly listed in the tally.

I can't clear you, Randuir, because you targeted Walin with an action and he ended up dead. There would be no reason to give a gun to him, as he had marked himself for death by admitting that he was an arms dealer. The only way you could be a villager at this point is if you were a Snoop. In that case, you would know who Walin gave his second gun to. I propose that Randuir announces who received the second gun. If he's wrong, or doesn't respond, the gun holder should then shoot him.