[OB] Inside cover art!! Finally!

Overlord Jebus

3 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

I just asked Barnes & Nobles, and they said that the endpapers have pictures of 4 Heralds. 

Ishar and Ash then, the dress is fitting for illumination and the mask is her ability to change appearance. I wonder who are the other two?

11 minutes ago, Aleksiel said:

Ishar and Ash then, the dress is fitting for illumination and the mask is her ability to change appearance. I wonder who are the other two?

My money is on Nale being one of them. The other, perhaps Kelek, Taln, or Jezrien. They've all received screen time (assuming Taln = Taln and Ishar = Tezim, who hasn't received screen time but has been referenced several times).

edit: forgot about Palliah

Edited by duladen

9 minutes ago, Aleksiel said:

Nim and Jezrian would be my guess: The Heralds of the 4 orders we have had the most exposure to so far.

Just now, duladen said:

My money is on Nale being one of them. The other, perhaps Kelek, Taln, or Jezrien. They've all received screen time (assuming Taln = Taln and Ishar = Tezim, who hasn't received screen time but has been referenced several times).

Ok, I feel super dumb for having to ask this, when have all these guys seen screen time? Is there a thread somewhere with all this info joined together for the herald sitings?

2 minutes ago, ZenBossanova said:

Ok, I asked again, and I was told that one was definitely Jezrien and the other was probably Shallash.

Why should Jezrien have the Bondsmith symbol on his robe?

Just now, bo.montier said:

Ok, I feel super dumb for having to ask this, when have all these guys seen screen time? Is there a thread somewhere with all this info joined together for the herald sitings?

Kelek and Jezrien were in the Prologue of WOK, where they abandoned their Honorblades. Nale is "Darkness", who has been tracking down surgebinders. Most assume that it was Kelek with him the night Gavilar was assassinated. I believe it has been confirmed that Palliah was the ardent seen in the library in Karbranth. Shalash is Baxil's Mistress.

From Brandon on Reddit: 

These are in world paintings done by the Oilsworn, one of the people Shallan studied when practicing her art.  The actual paintings were done by the Oilsworn's real-world counterpart, Dan Dos Santos, who did the cover of Warbreaker.

There are two more pieces in the back, done by someone else, which are also in-world art pieces.  They're all part of a larger theme, and are equally gorgeous.

My copies of the book haven't shown up yet, but when they do, I'll see about tweeting some pictures.  You guys have missed out on some excellent art in Part One while reading the sample chapters.

Guys, they are trying to trick us about that woman. It is obviously May Aladar ;-)

As for the two unknown Heralds, I hope we get Nale for one, since I like him and he is cool. I can see Brandon wanting to have two men and two women, so I'm going to go with gut feel and bet Chana for the other one.

I agree that the Bondsmith symbol (and the big ol' beard) makes Ishar the obvious candidate for male Herald.

The strong crystalline motif for the female Herald makes me think it's Vedeledev, who is associated with Lucentia (glass, crystal). I was under the impression that Shallash had much darker skin. Did we get any description of her hair color in her interlude?

9 minutes ago, masaru said:

Multiple suggestions in this thread and Reddit that the woman is Vivenna. Have I missed something? How do we know Vivenna is at all prominent or relevant to Stormlight? I've read all the preview chapters, so I'm current.

There is only a hint we will see Vivenna at all. Take those ideas with a grain of salt. 

6 minutes ago, masaru said:

Multiple suggestions in this thread and Reddit that the woman is Vivenna. Have I missed something? How do we know Vivenna is at all prominent or relevant to Stormlight? I've read all the preview chapters, so I'm current.

It's because of Vasher and an ambiguous answer from Brandon about her. I share your confusion why so many people are confident she'll have a part to play or we'll even see her.

Hmm, I'd be shocked if the WoB is a hint at "Vivenna will be a major part of Stormlight and warrant a special painting."

That said, Ishar and Shalash make a lot of sense here. The masks could be a nod to the art and beauty aspects of her attributes. 

I can also see Honor and Cultivation, though. At least, these being religious paintings of those two in idealized human forms.