[OB] Gavilar's Sphere

Blightsong

Today's Way of Kings annotation dropped a pretty big hint about Gavilar's sphere. In it he says that he believes that it is obvious, in his mind, what it is but that he also understands it might be confusing right before blatantly trolling us.

I worry that so much of it is obvious, yet also confusingly so. The sphere that Gavilar give Szeth is barely mentioned in the book, for example.

No, I’m not going to tell you what it is.

This tells us that as of when Brandon wrote this, before WoR was dropped, we had ample hints to make a good guess at what it is. This brings me to the conclusion that the below image is one of Gavilar's spheres or something similar.

Spoiler

twok_endsheet-rear-2-webres.thumb.jpg.189b491a3277d6b084076af209559ac5.jpg.e75d85a1e5daa0e4eb53399a36ced932.jpg

A gem surrounded by dark violet with obvious ties to Odium? Its so blatantly obvious to me that I had to share it here.

Edited by Blightsong

I'm not sure... That's a gem, probably one that the Parshendi trap spren in before leaving to enter the storm and bond the spren. It is on a voidbinding chart, so it could be the gem for voidspren. It doesn't look like a sphere, and I'm not even sure that sphere is a gem.

7 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

I'm not sure... That's a gem, probably one that the Parshendi trap spren in before leaving to enter the storm and bond the spren. It is on a voidbinding chart, so it could be the gem for voidspren. It doesn't look like a sphere, and I'm not even sure that sphere is a gem.

As per WoB we haven't seen Voidbinding yet, meaning that what the Parshendi were doing is Voidbinding as you imply. 

Also, 'Gavilar's sphere'  is colloquial. Szeth described it as a crystal.

We also know that the charts are in world drawing, and I don't think that the Parshendi have knowledge of Voidbinding, but Gavilar and his crew might have. 

Violet is the color surrounding each of the ten "Orders" on that image. If the Spren were able to make connections to people in order to access those surges, independently of Honor, then it seems reasonable that the Spren could do the same but focused around the principles of Odium.

@Blightsong I'm not sure really what you're proposing here. We don't know anything about this chart except that it relates to voidbinding. Are these 10 specific spheres? Or just a chart of ten types of spheres? What do they do? What do they hold? This doesn't really tell us anything meaningful about the sphere does it?

3 minutes ago, jofwu said:

@Blightsong I'm not sure really what you're proposing here. We don't know anything about this chart except that it relates to voidbinding. Are these 10 specific spheres? Or just a chart of ten types of spheres? What do they do? What do they hold? This doesn't really tell us anything meaningful about the sphere does it?

I'm talking about the one massive gem located in the middle, I could've made that a lot clearer. I'm not making any conjecture about how it ties into Voidbinding specifically because we really don't have enough puzzle pieces to fit that together yet, I'm just pointing out possible foreshadowing.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Gavilar's Sphere
  • Chaos locked this topic