[OB] Oathbringer Prologue now on Tor.com

KiManiak

Alice A/"Wetlander," who does the Stormlight Archive rereads on Tor.com, said she was informed by the folks there that the chapters won't be released until 9am EDT Tuesday morning. 

Looks like we're going to have to last a few hours more...

Just now, KiManiak said:

Alice A/"Wetlander," who does the Stormlight Archive rereads on Tor.com, said she was informed by the folks there that the chapters won't be released until 9am EDT Tuesday morning. 

Well looks like I stayed up super late... for nothing. 

1 minute ago, KiManiak said:

Thanks for the update - that will hit in the middle of my commute...  ah well lunch time reading.

People were freaking out on the Discord. Hilarious.

EDIT: I see from a Facebook chat I have with Alice that 9am Eastern is accurate to her knowledge of the situation.

Edited by Chaos

14 minutes ago, KiManiak said:

:o:( 

I need to find the backdoor into the site. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Asrael said:

It made me so happy to find this and know I wasn't the only person waiting up and freaking out that the chapters are "late"...

Me too. Makes me feel less silly for being excited all day to read only a small portion of a book that doesn't come out until November. I was so bummed when the chapters didn't drop. It is going to be hard not looking at them until after I get my morning tasks done tomorrow. 

43 minutes ago, Idealistic said:

It seems I woke up at 6am for nothing.

I feel with you - you are not the only one. Well...it feels a bit like waking up on christmas morning and finding that the presents will be there only at lunch...

27 minutes ago, eveorjoy said:

Do you think we already got one of these chapters? Wasn't Kaladin's first chapter released on Tor a while back? I mean it will be different, but likely we know at least that chapters content.

I think it was a transcript from a reading - with a cliffhanger. If that chapter is there today, I really hope it's without that cliffhanger...

Edited by Pattern