Favourite name?

I really like the name Shallan, I think the sound and the look of it is pretty. I even like it enough to (maybe) give it to my future daughter, but then inevitably I would have to explain where it came from and who her namesake was. That would be a bit of an awkward conversation... 

2 hours ago, Truthweaver said:

I really like the name Shallan, I think the sound and the look of it is pretty. I even like it enough to (maybe) give it to my future daughter, but then inevitably I would have to explain where it came from and who her namesake was. That would be a bit of an awkward conversation... 

It's going to get doubly awkward when she finds out what the original Shallan did to her parents... :lol:

Answering the question, I like all the Kholin names, but especially Renarin and Adolin. They're very melodic. I also like Jasnah, because in Polish, "jasna" means "bright" (feminine form of the word, no less), and if it's a coincidence, it's hilarious.

My favorite has got to be Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor. It's especially fun to say once you memorize it. I even had Siri call me by that name on my phone for a while, but she could never pronounce it right. My other favorites are Taravangian, Waxillium, Cephandrius Maxtori, and Hrathen.

My brain latched on to the word/name Parshendi. For weeks, if I ever stopped thinking or tried to sleep, that word just rolled around in my head. It was annoying, but I realized that I really did like the word. It rolls off the tongue in a fun way. Other than that, Jasnah is my favorite name.

• 7 months later...

On 6/10/2017 at 1:20 AM, Rasarr said:

I also like Jasnah, because in Polish, "jasna" means "bright" (feminine form of the word, no less), and if it's a coincidence, it's hilarious.

Interesting! but in old Persian, Jasnah (if pronounced as yasnah) means worshiping or prayers! which is completely contradictory to her character!

And also my favorite name is Cephandrius because of the way it sounds! it also sounds suitable for the character!

Edited by Arash.F
merging two comments of mine

On 6/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, Firerust said:

...Hrathen.

Yeah, I was going to go with one of the Warbreaker names, but Hrathen is pretty hard to beat. 

Also, Szeth Son-Son-Vallano. Such a cool name- both the name itself and the naming structure. 

• Chaos locked this topic