Words of Radiance is Here!

GreyPilgrim

Two ? This book is so awesome that each box contain one book the rest of the space are filled with pure awesomeness =)

If you mean Lift's variety of Awesomeness, then some bookstore workers are going to have some interesting glowy lights in their faces when they open the boxes

Talking about your tongue paperclip ;)

Just kidding =)

PS: Now is the time!!!!

2hmzm0o.jpg

Team A Track the parcel

Team B ready your weapons we are going in boys

Team C, stop drolling for the Almighty sake. =)

We need some Mistborn, maybe Coinshots to destroy windows for Team B, as well as a Windrunner or two to Lash anyone in the room onto the walls and Lash the boxes toward the rest of the team. Maybe some Sliders for good measure.

He should have stuck with calling it the 'Book of Endless Pages'. A much more appropriate name.

I totally agree! I can't wait.

If you mean Lift's variety of Awesomeness, then some bookstore workers are going to have some interesting glowy lights in their faces when they open the boxes

Ha! That would be sad, because they might be scared enough not to sell them.

I totally agree! I can't wait.

Ha! That would be sad, because they might be scared enough not to sell them.

"Oh god these books are glowy let's not sell them!"

"Was anyone actually hurt?"

"..."

"Let's just call them damaged and stick them in the Severe Discounts section."

"Yes, let's."

870 pages is Order of the Phoenix.

1088 pages is WoR.

We may be less in number, but greater in spirit, and also have heavier blunt weapons for bludgeoning with.

Also Order of the Phoenix has way fewer words for page. I remember it being something like 250,000 words or so. WoR should be over 400,000.

Aminar: I'm not aware of any US hardcovers of WoK that don't have a glyph on the cover. What printing number is your book? Is it the large Tor edition or a small Book Club edition?

Of note, this was purchased Used through Half.com.

ISBN is 978-0-7653-2635-5.  It has a gray cover.  That's the best I can give you, I'm not seeing any other ID numbers in it.(I'm pretty sure it's a smaller hardcover.  I can stretch my fingers from the top of the spine to the bottom. It has Tor's symbol on the side.Just noticed more numbers on the Dust Jacket.

9780765326355 is under the barcode and 1314410 is in the back bottom right corner.(by the binding)

Well, off to buy the bigger version from Amazon...  Wait, I did that earlier because they were super-cheap and it got my brother's Birthday present out of the way.  Switching copies methinks.  :P

Edited by Aminar

It appears that my innocuous, but slightly off color comment was deleted... (If you watch The Office, it was one of Michael Scott's favorite jokes/catchphrases.) Did I break some forum rule? It certainly was not my intention, so can the mod who deleted it please let me know their reasoning so I don't offend anyone in the future? Pm is fine, although there are probably others on the forum who would benefit from such knowledge. Thanks!

I flagged it. I think you don't need a sexual joke in the middle of a mundane thread. The mods could have felt differently but apparently they didn't.

Aminar: On the copyright page of a normal book there will be a line of numbers that looks something like this: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. The lowest number is the printing number.

However, if you have a gray cover, that is not the standard Tor edition and is probably the Book Club edition. The standard Tor edition has a blue cover.

The Science Fiction Book Club prints their own hardcovers that are cheaper and lower quality than standard hardcovers. Aside from being smaller, there won't be a headband or tailband. The paper is also thinner. However, they are still labeled with the original publisher's symbol. Unless it is an SFBC exclusive omnibus edition or something like that; then it is likely to have horrible cover art and say "GuildAmerica" or the like at the bottom of the spine. I was an SFBC member as a teenager before I realized their quality sucks.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Thanks Peter. Like I said, I ordered the other one off of Amazon earlier today anyway. I'll just pass on the gray one to my brothers. I'll have to remember the book club thing in the future. Never knew there was a better quality copy out there.

Where exactly is there a glyph on the cover? I dont see one at all.

It's not an actual picture. It's an imprint on the hard cover underneath the dust jacket.

Adimortis' post on page three of the thread has a picture of the cover with the dust jacket removed where you can just slightly see the engraving they are talking about.

• 2 weeks later...