1 minute ago, randuir said:

Just saying drought, I'm not infallible, and can end up tunneling on an innocent or being fooled by elims just like anyone else

"Fooled by elims" seems unlikely here, since you were the first to accuse Ecth.  "Accidental mistargeting" is a possibility if Ecth turns out to be innocent, particularly since your logic does make sense (plus the factors I'll tell everybody next cycle).

1 minute ago, randuir said:

Just saying drought, I'm not infallible,

My big concern, if this turns out to be wrong, is who the source of this information is. This person could be intentionally attempting to lead players astray, set up a mislynch, etc.

Also looking at the numbers:
I am assuming that this game started with 3 or 4 elims, plus the conversion. That puts us at 4 or 5 elims. We have 13 players left in the game, 5/13 being elims. (Taking the worse estimate) If the elims don't kill an elim (why would they...) and the we don't lynch an elim, and the knights don't kill an elim, and all of those kills go through then we are at 5/10 meaning the elims don't outnumber us...but they are equal with us. ( @A Joe in the Bush that's your definition of outnumber, right? More elims than village, not equal (just being safe))
If the dancer also makes a kill and misses an elim then the game is over. We then have lost. 

So @Knights @Dancer @Village try to be very careful with your kills this cycle, if it goes wrong then we lose. 

@Elims Please kill one of the other elims.

@Tripper Please stop the elims from killing someone. (Unless they are killing an elim...)

Umh...@Joe please don't let me get beat up again...I would die.

I would also love to know Yitzi's source when he said this:

8 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

EDIT3: And now I'm suspicious of Ecth again; my original theory has become a lot stronger due to a PM I received.

I have never PMed him. It would be extremely informative if we were to learn the source and subject matter of this supposed PM. Seems a bit shady to me.

It will be revealed at the beginning of next cycle...and while I did PM Ecthelion, he has never responded, and indeed that is not the PM I am referring to.  It's actually a second-order disconnect from Ecthelion (the PM was not about Ecthelion either), and only relevant in light of other information.  Basically, it highly increased the credibility of a theory that strongly suggests the elims are attempting to protect Ecthelion.

Edited by Yitzi2

11 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

Also looking at the numbers:
I am assuming that this game started with 3 or 4 elims, plus the conversion. That puts us at 4 or 5 elims. We have 13 players left in the game, 5/13 being elims. (Taking the worse estimate) If the elims don't kill an elim (why would they...) and the we don't lynch an elim, and the knights don't kill an elim, and all of those kills go through then we are at 5/10 meaning the elims don't outnumber us...but they are equal with us. ( @A Joe in the Bush that's your definition of outnumber, right? More elims than village, not equal (just being safe))
If the dancer also makes a kill and misses an elim then the game is over. We then have lost. 

This is why I'm urging everyine to really try and make up their own minds. If I'm right(and people follow my lead), the village will win easily in 2-3 cycles. If I'm wrong the elims will win in the same amount of time.

@Ecthelion III, the goal of the village is to find the elims. This does not require every villager to survive. If you where in a situation where your choices are getting lynched voting on your main suspect, or voting with him on someone who is bound to be village if you're right, I'd seriously consider taking one for the team. If you are village and had gone down last cycle to the lynch, it would have thrown a lot of suspicion at me and Lopen, who are apparently your main suspects. 

I do understand self-preservation, but that is far more important a reason to vote for elims than it is for villagers. Villagers should first and foremost try to get their suspects lynched.

Edited by randuir

I might as well just drop my suspicions now: Orlok, Rand, and Lopen, maybe Yitzi too.

-I've already shared my reasoning on Lopen.

-Yitzi because of all this "it will be revealed next cycle" stuff. If he really was a trustworthy villager, he'd share anything helpful to us now.

-Rand and Orlok because my single vote on Orlok C1 kept getting brought up the next few cycles as Rand has been tunneling on me, which I've found rather suspicious, especially with everyone saying vote for your suspicions, not with the group yet getting called under question because of this.

Just now, Ecthelion III said:

-Yitzi because of all this "it will be revealed next cycle" stuff. If he really was a trustworthy villager, he'd share anything helpful to us now.

The source of my information would not be all that helpful to the village, and would be very helpful to the elims.  By next cycle, I hope we'll have made enough progress that it won't help the elims nearly as much.

Okay so I defended Ecth last cycle because he asked me too and I actually believed he was a villager...I didn't see why an elim with no powers would marry me even though he knew I didn't have any either...but now I am starting to doubt myself. There have been a lot of good points made for why he could be evil and they have been made by people I trust (randuir, lopen, etc.) And queensteph even brought up a good point to me in a pm that he could have just married me to try and throw off suspicions..especially if the others already have powers. 

@Ecthelion III I want to believe that you are innocent but I am second guessing everything now...sorry!!! 

If ecth is innocent I would suspect everyone who has been focusing on him so much. :unsure:

I want to re-read the entire thread and post again once I have gathered my thought on this game better. I have been so busy and tired lately!

1 hour ago, DroughtBringer said:

then we are at 5/10 meaning the elims don't outnumber us...but they are equal with us. ( @A Joe in the Bush that's your definition of outnumber, right? More elims than village, not equal (just being safe))

Umh...@Joe please don't let me get beat up again...I would die.

That is correct, If there were 10 Elims, they would win when there are 9 villagers.

Then don't vote on Sabaneta. So rude man. She just wants love and adventure.

I'm a simple man. I see a big case against Ecthellion, I vote Ecthellion 

this "I'll tell you next cycle stuff" seems really fishy to me though, especially at this turning point where the number of elims almost outnumbers the villagers. >.>

Okay, well, I am pretty exhausted, so I really don't have the motivation to do a big post by post analysis like I wanted. Here's my current thoughts on the players I mentioned though:

Hero - I've been somewhat suspicious of Hero just based on a gut read of his posts from the earlier Cycles, and I believe he's only voted on villagers so far(not uncommon, but I still count it as a small point against him), plus he's been pretty quiet last Cycle and so far in this one. I understand he's busy, but it is a little worrisome. He's probably my second highest suspect, after Ecth.

Brightness - From what I remember of her posts, the only player she's voted on whose alignment is known is cloudjumper, who was village. Other than that, she was a little suspicious of BB but didn't vote on him. Considering the circumstances, that's not as suspicious as I'd normally think, because she was pretty busy C1, but she hasn't really done anything that seemed really villager-y to me, so I am a little suspicious of her. I lean towards believing that her and Ecth are roleless, since it would be somewhat risky to lie about that with Ecth in as much danger as he is, but I don't know if that really affects my read on her much. Between her and Steph, I do think I'm more suspicious of her, but it's been decidedly more difficult than usual to get a clear read on either of them so far. I'm not as suspicious of her as I am of Ecth or Hero, but I wouldn't be against lynching her if it came down to her and most other players. Sorry sis. >>

Ecthelion - I think randuir has covered most of the points against Ecth, and I don't have the brain power to repeat them. Needless to say, I'm suspicious of him as well.

Yitzi - Yeah, about the next Cycle reveal stuff, I don't really like it, but it actually seems like more of a village thing to do at this point. Unless the Dancer is an elim, the elims shouldn't be able to pull a hammer until 2 Cycles from now, so I don't feel like he'd lie about evidence(and randuir supposedly knows what the info is as well, so he'd be implicating himself as well if it were a lie, and I don't feel like they'd do that as elims at this point).

So, moving my vote from Yitzi to Ecthelion. And now Unodus voted on Ecth as well. Hm. I don't know the exact total, but I feel like there's a fairly large vote differential between Ecth and the next lynch targets. I feel like there's probably some bussing going on(either that or Ecth is actually innocent, which I have a hard time believing). Well, if I've got time before I leave for church tonight, I'll look over each voter and reconsider everything. For now, I'm going to get some much needed sleep(ended up getting less than 2 hours last night :/).

Sorry for not posting much this cycle, I've been talking in PMs more so ya.

Vote Tally:

Lopen(1): Ecth

Ecth(5): Yitzi, Randuir, Yitzi, Drought, Unodus, Lopen

Yitzi(1): Elbereth, Lopen

I have been suspicious of Ecth also for the already mentioned reasons and also because when I asked him about why he married Brightness in a PM he just eluded my question by saying that she was eligible and adorable. (gross:P) I don't think my vote is even needed but if I'm right that he's an Elim I want to be a part of it!

So if Ecth proves to be guilty then I expect Brightness is as well, even if he's innocent I still think she might be evil because she has responded pretty quickly in PMs but rarely posts and when she does she hasn't really posted any actual opinions, only ponderings and seemingly second guessing herself.It also seems weird to me that she trusted Ecth so quickly when she has been acting like she doesn't know who to trust, etc. She even made it seem like her vote on Mage last cycle was purely based on trusting  Lopen and Myself (and Elbereth?), and voting in the last 3 minutes is kinda suspicious anyways. I know she's been busy with IRL things but I have too and still have had time to contribute my thoughts. She might just be talking a lot in PMs though, since that's what I've done this cycle, but I'd like to hear of your suspicions @BrightnessRadiant

Edit: Sorry I accidentally had 2 votes on Yitzi because I forgot to mark out Lopens.

Edited by queensteph

Okay so finally posting some analysis!!! :o @queensteph i do feel bad for not getting my thoughts out here until now! Sorry everyone! I would like to do so now...

So i don't have time to post analysis of the entire game but i will continue next cycle...providing i'm still alive :P

Here are some things that struck me as Elim or village reads from the first two cycles:

1. Hero: he voted for seonid even though he said BB was suspicious. Also says we should vote right away and not waste time talking (could have just meant not to wait till next cycle,but sounded a little strange)..all in all seemed a little Elim like

2.Ecth: posted that weird thing about orlok standing up for BB instead of voting for him when he was the runner up to be lynched(this brings me back to Randuir's post about not voting for someone who you think might be innocent just to save yourself). He also wanted us to ignore the librarian roles(but now it seems that the librarian roles most be important since they have been frequent Elim targets). These things plus the other points that others have made are making me lean Elim for him as well.

3.Yitzi: calls BB out for getting his alignment name wrong but when he corrects him he also got it wrong(actually kinda funny lol). Wants the librarians to reveal themselves in the thread(which could be dangerous since they are targets). Later votes for cluny on the second cycle(he has really been pushing for a double lynch)..kinda seems elimish 

These are my suspicions but i don't have time to state my village reads for now...i will do that next cycle! But they are randuir, lopen, and drought...gotta go now! 

13 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

EDIT: By the way, if I were a liar, I could just say that I reconsidered two hours afterward; nobody had posted yet, so editing rather than double-posting would still have been the right thing to do.  The fact, however, is that I reconsidered much sooner after, and even mentioned by edit (which I'd thought I had made) to Ecth in a PM.

Uh. One, are you saying you're not evil because you didn't lie about editing your post? Because eliminators generally don't lie about such things. Most don't lie unless they're forced to. So it strikes me as odd that you'd be so defensive of that? 

Also, even though no one had posted, I'd still almost prefer a double-post at that point. Edits are meant to be grammar or an immediate afterthought at most. A vote or retraction in them is content that needs to be seen by everyone, not just people who get there later and don't see the post until after the edit. 

9 hours ago, randuir said:

Okay, so Yitzi told me about the mystery info that has been driving his suspicion of ecth. What he's told me does not clash with what I've found from other sources, and as I mentioned before I've more of a village read on him, so I'm willing to I've him the benefit of the doubt for now. I do want @Yitzi2 to post this bit of info next cycle (and if he dies before that, I will).

Edit: so, just to be clear, I don't expect everyone to just take my word for this. I told Yitzi that it would be better to just put everything on the table in the thread, but he was adamant that he needed a bit more time to work things out, so this weak-sauce endorsement is all I can do.

I don't like this. >> I'm happy that it'll be posted next cycle, and don't think it's an eliminator tell, but I do not like lynching people based on trust of information of others. It's really close to mayoring. 

So... Yitzi, as I'm curious, but I will not be joining the Ecth bandwagon. (Also, at this point I don't think Ecth is evil just because of the sheer number of votes on him without anyone but himself fighting back. It's possible that he has eliminators bussing him, but it reminds me more of the eliminators just letting us lynch our own.)

6 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

Hmm...I have a PM going with Rand and I have a village read on him. I also think that he will be able to pull off something that could win this game for us. I, without all this useful information that is being hinted at, still trust Ecth. (Given my defense of him) 

But...I also trust Rand and would like to get information if he thinks it's worth it. So I will vote for Ecthelion for now. But if Ecth is innoocient then I don't think I will be able to trust Rand's decision for the rest of this game. 

One, expecting Rand to "pull of something that could win the game for us" takes all the pressure off of everyone else? Which is not how the game should be? This is a team effort, not one person's. He may be able to, sure. So? Don't sit around waiting for him to. Save it first. :P 

Second, though, just because Rand turns out wrong doesn't mean you should automatically not trust anything else he does for the rest of the game - that doesn't mean he couldn't still be a villager, and implies that you trust him absolutely now. Do this in moderation - listen to him but think critically now, and listen to him but think critically regardless of the outcome of this lynch. That's how the game works, after all. 

Also, this post strikes me as off. The other reason I'm quoting it is so that if Ecth turns out good, I can come back to it easily. (Putting suspicion on a good player while remaining clear of suspicion yourself by defending Ecth, specifically.)

And innoocient is a beautiful spelling choice. :P 

5 hours ago, randuir said:

@Ecthelion III, the goal of the village is to find the elims. This does not require every villager to survive. If you where in a situation where your choices are getting lynched voting on your main suspect, or voting with him on someone who is bound to be village if you're right, I'd seriously consider taking one for the team. If you are village and had gone down last cycle to the lynch, it would have thrown a lot of suspicion at me and Lopen, who are apparently your main suspects. 

I do understand self-preservation, but that is far more important a reason to vote for elims than it is for villagers. Villagers should first and foremost try to get their suspects lynched.

This! This. So much this. That's what the Spartans were for in the first place - who says there isn't a glory in death for your team? Dying is not a bad thing in this game. The point is to win, not to survive. 

4 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Uh. Disagree? There's plenty of reasons not to share something this cycle, and I can understand perfectly that he'd be unwilling. (Again, I don't like it, but I can understand it.) What's less good is asking us to lynch someone based on that information. Which brings me back towards leaning elim on you... mm. Leaving my vote off anyway. I really do think there'd bave been more opposition to the lynch if you were evil. 

May or may not be able to post again today. We'll see. 

10 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Uh. One, are you saying you're not evil because you didn't lie about editing your post? Because eliminators generally don't lie about such things. Most don't lie unless they're forced to. So it strikes me as odd that you'd be so defensive of that? 

Since the behavior was brought up as suspicious, and my explanation was a bit odd, I didn't want it to be taken the wrong way.

12 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Also, even though no one had posted, I'd still almost prefer a double-post at that point. Edits are meant to be grammar or an immediate afterthought at most. A vote or retraction in them is content that needs to be seen by everyone, not just people who get there later and don't see the post until after the edit. 
I don't like this. >> I'm happy that it'll be posted next cycle, and don't think it's an eliminator tell, but I do not like lynching people based on trust of information of others. It's really close to mayoring. 

For the double-posts: Do you know what the official rules are about when it's been long enough and/or important enough to be ok to double-post?

What I was doing was actually the opposite of mayoring *if I understand the term correctly); it's close enough to next cycle that the full explanation can wait until then.

11 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

1. One, expecting Rand to "pull of something that could win the game for us" takes all the pressure off of everyone else? Which is not how the game should be? This is a team effort, not one person's. He may be able to, sure. So? Don't sit around waiting for him to. Save it first. :P 

2. Second, though, just because Rand turns out wrong doesn't mean you should automatically not trust anything else he does for the rest of the game - that doesn't mean he couldn't still be a villager, and implies that you trust him absolutely now. Do this in moderation - listen to him but think critically now, and listen to him but think critically regardless of the outcome of this lynch. That's how the game works, after all. 

3. Also, this post strikes me as off. The other reason I'm quoting it is so that if Ecth turns out good, I can come back to it easily. (Putting suspicion on a good player while remaining clear of suspicion yourself by defending Ecth, specifically.)

4. And innoocient is a beautiful spelling choice. :P 

1. I have no leads to follow currently, besides some minor suspicions, but I seem to trust most people that I am in contact with, currently. This means that I don't really have anyone to go after that I have a lot of suspicion against. Rand apparently has information that is not available to the rest of us, which gives him an 'advantage' over the rest of us information wise. 

2.  It's more of...I worded it the one you quoted...let's see if I can do it better here: 
     It's more that I feel like this could be some sort of ploy by the elims. If Rand is an elim and has a talent like Arriving Late or has an elim who can trip him to protect him then this whole 'information' thing could just be a ploy to get us into next cycle, and allow the elims to win. I don't think that that is whats going on, but it very well could be (or something akin to it) and if this lynch goes awry then I plan on putting some stress on Rand and/or his information source next cycle.

3. Part of my vote is that I want to make sure that we don't end up getting vote manipulated and end up getting a double lynch, allowing the elims to win the game if we are (still) completely wrong.

4. Thanks, I try :P 

Listen. Please.

Spoiler

I'm sorry I have to leave you this way. I wish, dearly, that it could have ended any other way.

I have tried my hardest to live. To live, for you. And I have lived, if only to see the day where you turn around, where it all turns around.

Do you remember when we first met? Two innocent lovers in a library as death and chaos raged around us. It seemed as though everything was possible.

Tell me, Jemma, was that so long ago?

Neither of us can stand pure. But one of us will not forget.

I will remember you. I will love you.

...forever...

Here. You dropped this on that day. You drew it yourself.

18446743_673380556188674_802753734682023

will you remember me?

Cycle 5: Death is not the end, but it sure ain’t the beginning.

Jemma hugged Aaron tightly, and smiled. He kissed her forehead, smiled back, and then they parted ways, each to where they needed to go. She didn’t know where Aaron was going, but she had business elsewhere in the city. Once she was out of sight of her husband, all pretenses of being a lovely young girl were gone.

Her posture changed, her smile vanished, her face darkened. Anyone who saw her now would turn, whistle, and pretend that they hadn’t seen anything on the darkened streets. She made her way through the twists and turns of the city, until she reached the safehouse where she had left her armor and sword.

She donned them quickly, including the face concealing Helmet, and exited the building. Now she had a posture that said ‘move out of my way, “Official business, no need to ask questions, move along.” It was a very expressive posture. She marched through the city, attracting the occasional glance, but otherwise going ignored.

The house she eventually arrived at was a small affair, filled with superstitions. An iron horsehoe hung above the door. Lines of holly and salt crisscrossed the windows. A small mound of purple sand was piled against the single tree in the yard. Rand was quite obviously a man who believed in more than the world accepted.

Jemma stepped up to the door, unsheathed her sword, and pounded on the door with one armored fist. “Open up in the name of the King!” She took a step backwards, and grasped her sword with both hands.

The was the sound of breaking glass from inside the house, and a muttered curse. Something else fell. She raised her eyebrows as the sounds of breaking boxes and dishes continued to get louder, trailing whoever was walking to the door. Finally, someone fell against the door, and muttered an apology.

The wooden door cracked open, and a single eye made itself visible through the crack. “Yes?”

Jemma’s crystal sword rammed through the wooden sword and the unarmored man with equal amounts of ease. There was a long ragged gasp from the other side of the door as she withdrew her sword, shifted her balance, and kicked it down atop the man. There was another groan, and then silence.

She reached down, grabbed the largest piece of the door, and pulled it off him. It was definitely Rand, with a gaping hole in his chest, and developing bruises on his head. She removed her gauntlet, and felt at his neck for a pulse. Nothing. She allowed herself a smirk, before turning and leaving the house.

She smiled as she made her way home. Life was good, and everything was proceeding according to plan. And then a Burlap bag was suddenly over her head, and four hands were wrenching her arms behind her back as her knees were both kicked in from behind.

She struggled, but was professionally tied up, and lifted into a shoulder carry, still blind. Her armor made it difficult to feel anything beneath her, but she had a suspicion at who it was.

A ten minute jog later, she was dumped unceremoniously to the ground, then forced into a kneeling position. The bag was ripped off her head, and she heard a familiar gasp from beside her. Aaron was tied and kneeling next to her. In front of them sat a trio of Knights scowling down at them both.

“Aaron and Jemma Thelion. We have irrefutable evidence that you two are Hushlander Agents, and guilty of Murder, Inciting a Mob, Espionage, and Shoplifting. How do you plead?”

“Preposterous!” Aaron sputtered. “We’re innocent of all of that! Actually wait, what was the shoplifting charge?”

“A 7 pack of hot dog buns.”

“Ah, well, yes, that one I will admit to. But not the others!”

Jemma looked at him in surprise. “You stole hotdog buns?”

“Not really important Dearest. We need to focus on the crimes we’re innocent of. To which point I ask, why are we being held here, we have rights!”

The Knight in the center lifted a scroll. It bore the seal of King Dartmoor. “This writ allows us to execute the two of you without rights, and without ever revealing the execution took place. It wouldn’d do for the public to know that a high ranking member of the Knights of Crystalia was a Spy and a Murderer. You two will simply vanish, and no one will ever no where to.”

“Oh” Aaron looked momentarily confused, then brightened. “But you don’t have any evidence! You can’t execute us without evidence, surely?”

The Knight smiled confidently. “Bring in the Witness!”

A door behind them opened, and Jemma craned her neck to see who was walking in. Her heart sank as she realized just how royally shattered they were.

“First of all, Really rude to stab me without saying Hello.” Said Rand, not dead. “Second of all, really rude to just leave me there. What if someone stepped on me?”

“I didn’t stab you,” replied Aaron, confused.

“I’m so sorry Aaron, I did.” Jemma looked down at the stone floor, unable to face her husband. “I’m sorry for getting you mixed up in this. But this is the end for me. I did all those things they accused us of. Well, except for the shoplifting.”

There was a silence after her statement. A kind of silence that could not be broken by a joke, or a laugh. The kind of silence that could be only broken by tears or yelling.

Aaron broke it with a sigh. “I know. I knew all along Jemma. I’m sorry too.”

She blinked, snapping her head up to star at him. “What? You knew?”

“I loved you enough to ignore it. I wanted to save you, but, i didn’t have enough time, so, Sorry.”

“As touching as this is,” interrupted the Knight, “I don’t believe a word of it, and We’re executing both of you. Do either of you have any confessions to make?”

Jemma turned back. “Please, my husband is innocent, he’s not a hushlander, let him live.”

“Sir Knight, My wife is lying, I admit to all the accusations. I will die with my wife.”

“Aaron, no!”

“Glass Shatter it, you two just shut up, I’m tired of this romantic talk. If i want to see kissy faces I talk to Sabaneta. Goodbye.” He rose, the chair scraping against the floor as he turned and strode from the room. Two knights behind them pulled out their swords, and began to approach. Jemma tuned them out, and focused on Aaron.

“I’m so sorry Aaron.”

He smiled. “I’m not. I treasured every moment with you. I love you Jemma.”

“I love you too.”

Rand was attacked by Hushlanders. He will die at the end of this cycle.

Brightness Radiant was killed by Knights. She was a Hushlander Knight!

Ecthlion was Lynched. He was a Freeworlder!

Votes:

Ecthelion III(7) Randuir, Yitzi, Drought, Unodus, Lopen, Queensteph, Brightness

Lopen(1): Ecthelion

ora_1494903600.png

Player List:

Singles, Dinosaurs, and other inclusive descriptors.

1. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  2. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks.
  3. Herowannabe   (Herbert) a Micropachycephalosaurus (type of dinosaur) scholar who delights in regaling people with obscure trivia, usually about his own species.
  4. Randuir   (Rand) Smedry with a Talent for Arriving Late
  5. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  6. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  7. Jedal   (Jedal)  a Guy with good tastes.

Couples, Platonic Life partners and whatelse have you:

1. The MightyLopen   (Celia) A Girl swept off her feet.
  2. Unodus   (Agent Deuce) A detective, skilled at Seeping girls off their feet.
  3. Queensteph   (Alex) A Girl who loves, and is loved by, Master Namer Smedry
  4. DroughtBringer   (Master Namer Smedry) A Smedry with a talent for being around Alex

Dead/Detained/In Coma’s

1. Sart   Killed by Knights C1: Freeworlder
  2. Bridge Boy   Lynched C1: Freeworlder Smedry: Looking Ugly
  3. Cloudjumper   Lynched Cycle 2: Freeworlder Knight
  4. Cluny the Scourge   Killed by Knights C2: Freeworlder
  5. _stick_   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  6. Magestar   Lynched C3: Freeworlder
  7. Seonid   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  8. BrightnessRadiant   Killed by Knights C4: Hushlander Knight!
  9. Ecthelion III   Lynched C4:Freeworlder!
Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Ok, as promised last cycle, it is time for full disclosure.  With that, I present QF23: Secret History:

Spoiler

The story begins at the beginning of the game, with the Knight selection.  The three Knights to begin were myself (codename Kaladin), Cloudjumper (codename Swift), and BrightnessRadiant (codename Hoid).
Day 1, I mentioned that we should try to get a kill every day in order to reduce the impact of the elim kill, and Hoid agreed (Swift was unavailable for pretty much the whole game.)
Day 2, Hoid suggested that "he" trusted Yitzi2 and maybe Randuir, and maybe we should move them up on the list of knight candidates.  I agreed about Randuir, but said I didn't want to move Yitzi2 up (my reason is that if the person at the top of the list is already a knight, then when a knight is killed the next person becomes a knight, and therefore can figure out everyone above him was already a knight.  I didn't want to make myself a target if that replacement was an elim.)
Day 3, after Cloudjumper died, Randuir was the replacement.  Randuir suggested lynching Ecth.  Hoid was very strongly against it, and I was unable to be there that day, hence there was no lynch.
Day 4, I came back and saw this.  Since Hoid had agreed on the importance of having a lynch, but had rejected Ecth without a counterargument, I was fairly suspicious.  I didn't know who Hoid was, but if he was protecting Ecth, that was enough to tip the scales, so I voted for Ecth.
Then, a bit later, I reconsidered: Because Hoid had promoted Randuir, and it was a pretty safe bet they weren't both elims (as otherwise they'd use the Knights to take out Freeworlders faster), therefore it was not so likely that Hoid was an elim; since it was Hoid's defense that led me to vote for Ecth, I retracted the vote.

Then, because I already had a PM with Droughtbringer (to try to assess Randuir's village read on him), I asked him about his thoughts about recent events.  He said that he was confused about why Randuir, who had presumably been made a knight, had not pushed the knights to kill Ecth, and suggested we keep an eye on Randuir for elim-ness.  I was somewhat suspicious that he seemed to know of Randuir's knighthood, and asked why Randuir would be so likely to be a knight, and he gave a not-very-convincing answer about how Randuir was highly capable and everyone would want him on their team.  I came up with a few reasons why he might not be a knight, but avoided what I knew to be the real situation (he had voted for Ecth to be killed and did not get a majority.)
Then, after I mentioned that I was going to PM Randuir to find out what happened, Droughtbringer "noticed" that there had been no knight kill, and said that that made it possible that Randuir had voted for Ecth and been overruled.  (As if a kill on someone else was less likely to be an overrule.)  At this point, I was pretty sure that we had a leak, and Droughtbringer was elim.  (In the discussion I then had with him about who should post on Randuir first if he was a likely elim, Droughtbringer's reasoning was all about avoiding suspicion, which after some thought seemed very elim-like to me, though that's a minor point.)
I will admit that I actually thought at first that Droughtbringer was Hoid (though Randuir was able to tell that it was BR, and later she confirmed it in the doc), but in any case it seemed clear that we had a leak, and it probably wasn't Randuir (as an elim was trying to throw suspicion on him in a situation where there wasn't any suspicion already, plus he had been honest with me about his role before he knew I was Kaladin), and it certainly wasn't me.  Hence, Hoid was again presumed elim, and therefore Ecth was worth voting for in the lynch.

And that's the reason for my switching back and forth on Ecth, and also the reason that I am now (particularly now that my chain of reasoning about the existence of a leak has been shown to be correct) voting for Droughtbringer.
I would also request that, if the tripper is village, they seriously consider protecting me this round, as the elims are apparently gunning for knights now.

21 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Ok, as promised last cycle, it is time for full disclosure.  With that, I present QF23: Secret History:

Reveal hidden contents

The story begins at the beginning of the game, with the Knight selection.  The three Knights to begin were myself (codename Kaladin), Cloudjumper (codename Swift), and BrightnessRadiant (codename Hoid).
Day 1, I mentioned that we should try to get a kill every day in order to reduce the impact of the elim kill, and Hoid agreed (Swift was unavailable for pretty much the whole game.)
Day 2, Hoid suggested that "he" trusted Yitzi2 and maybe Randuir, and maybe we should move them up on the list of knight candidates.  I agreed about Randuir, but said I didn't want to move Yitzi2 up (my reason is that if the person at the top of the list is already a knight, then when a knight is killed the next person becomes a knight, and therefore can figure out everyone above him was already a knight.  I didn't want to make myself a target if that replacement was an elim.)
Day 3, after Cloudjumper died, Randuir was the replacement.  Randuir suggested lynching Ecth.  Hoid was very strongly against it, and I was unable to be there that day, hence there was no lynch.
Day 4, I came back and saw this.  Since Hoid had agreed on the importance of having a lynch, but had rejected Ecth without a counterargument, I was fairly suspicious.  I didn't know who Hoid was, but if he was protecting Ecth, that was enough to tip the scales, so I voted for Ecth.
Then, a bit later, I reconsidered: Because Hoid had promoted Randuir, and it was a pretty safe bet they weren't both elims (as otherwise they'd use the Knights to take out Freeworlders faster), therefore it was not so likely that Hoid was an elim; since it was Hoid's defense that led me to vote for Ecth, I retracted the vote.

Then, because I already had a PM with Droughtbringer (to try to assess Randuir's village read on him), I asked him about his thoughts about recent events.  He said that he was confused about why Randuir, who had presumably been made a knight, had not pushed the knights to kill Ecth, and suggested we keep an eye on Randuir for elim-ness.  I was somewhat suspicious that he seemed to know of Randuir's knighthood, and asked why Randuir would be so likely to be a knight, and he gave a not-very-convincing answer about how Randuir was highly capable and everyone would want him on their team.  I came up with a few reasons why he might not be a knight, but avoided what I knew to be the real situation (he had voted for Ecth to be killed and did not get a majority.)
Then, after I mentioned that I was going to PM Randuir to find out what happened, Droughtbringer "noticed" that there had been no knight kill, and said that that made it possible that Randuir had voted for Ecth and been overruled.  (As if a kill on someone else was less likely to be an overrule.)  At this point, I was pretty sure that we had a leak, and Droughtbringer was elim.  (In the discussion I then had with him about who should post on Randuir first if he was a likely elim, Droughtbringer's reasoning was all about avoiding suspicion, which after some thought seemed very elim-like to me, though that's a minor point.)
I will admit that I actually thought at first that Droughtbringer was Hoid (though Randuir was able to tell that it was BR, and later she confirmed it in the doc), but in any case it seemed clear that we had a leak, and it probably wasn't Randuir (as an elim was trying to throw suspicion on him in a situation where there wasn't any suspicion already, plus he had been honest with me about his role before he knew I was Kaladin), and it certainly wasn't me.  Hence, Hoid was again presumed elim, and therefore Ecth was worth voting for in the lynch.

And that's the reason for my switching back and forth on Ecth, and also the reason that I am now (particularly now that my chain of reasoning about the existence of a leak has been shown to be correct) voting for Droughtbringer.
I would also request that, if the tripper is village, they seriously consider protecting me this round, as the elims are apparently gunning for knights now.

Will respond to this eventually, trying to manage LG33 stuff currently,