Here is a link to the other thread for anyone who is looking http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/5820-frozen/

I'm not going to go into detail about why a consider frozen to be the movie Disney has made in the last decade, perhaps ever, as I already explained that in detail in the other thread. But to summarize my views: Tangled had less flaws than frozen, tangled was a very good movie but it failed to do anything particularly new and daring and so is just another Disney princess story. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but we have had a lot of them. Frozen on the other hand, despite a few flaws breaks he mold entirely and manages to achieve a story that is far more emotionally powerful and has far more interesting and complicated characters.

FYI, Folks, i have merged another topic about this movie from the general discussion board in here, so if some of the conversation appears a little schizophrenic you can blame me for it :)

It's partially the troll elder's fault—I can't remember if I said it here, but Anna's white hair completely disappearing at the end indicates to me that her memories should never have been wiped. But it's mostly their dad's fault for indoctrinating self-repression, which isn't what the troll said.

you need to go onto youtube and watch How Frozen should have ended. it is hilarious and totally expresses my views on why elsa is so scared of her powers.

Edited by Matrim Bloody Cauthon

I, like many others it seems, was hit very hard by "Let it go.". To be clear, I honestly cannot remember the last time I cried, at all, in any movie. But that sequence got me.

Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know

Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go

I spent I don't know how many years practicing hiding my emotions, but that cut right through. (Partially for that very reason I expect).

let it go is awesome but the best song in that I think is the for the first time in forever reprise.

Edited by Matrim Bloody Cauthon

you need to go onto youtube and watch How Frozen should have ended. it is hilarious and totally expresses my views on my elsa is so scared of her powers.

Ditto. The first time I saw the movie I was sad for the girls when...

their parents died but a part of me thought, "Good riddance... terrible parents."

The "Honest Trailers" for frozen is worth watching as well. As much as I like Frozen, their criticisms are pretty hilarious.

Honestly? For the First Time in Forever, Disney had an open door to a great Story, but they really let it go and made a Fixer-upper instead. Hopefully They'll want to build a Better one in Summer.

:D:D:D Joking

Hhahahah

And Reindeers are better than people...

There was apparently a rumour that they are making frozen two but I don't know if it's true.

I bet they will. it was the highest grossing animated movie by Disney.

I really hope not, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Too much of what made the original fantastic has been resolved and if they did try to put that in a sequel it would feel shoehorned in.

If you do it disney, you had better not mess it up!

I really hope not, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Too much of what made the original fantastic has been resolved and if they did try to put that in a sequel it would feel shoehorned in.

If you do it disney, you had better not mess it up!

Well Elsa doesn't have a prince yet and I really want to see more of Hans and his backstory, and there was a possibility of Jack Frost from rise of the guardian in it as well, I would maybe like to see a bit of Hans and Elsa too

What's Sanderson elimination?

It's a sort of role playing game we play on the forum. They are variations on the Mafia style game where you have a village or group of people (the innocents) who know nothing about each other's roles and a small group of villains (the Mafia) who know who each other are. At the start of the game each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: "night", during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and "day", in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafiosi and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia has been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.

Each game we play on here is set on one of the worlds from Brandon's books and the roles are related to magical powers or devices from said book.

There is a game going on right now based on Nalthis (Warbreaker) you can look at to see how things work:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7247-game-4-colours-of-war/?p=119660

The sign ups for the next game, which is set on Roshar (Stormlight Archives), just started yesterday:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7960-game-5-noble-secrets/?p=133911