Lift's Parentage

Humpty

I saw a theory somewhere that theorizes that lifts dad is an aimian. So if that is true then it could explain her wish to never change (aimians are said to have the ability to change their  appearance). And it could be a possibility that as a side effect of her repressed abilities manifested in other ways (like being able to see spren and turning food into storm light).

1 minute ago, nervousnerd said:

I wouldn't think that Aimians and humans would be able to mate. Then again, I thought the same of the Parshendi and humans.

I feel like it doesn't matter though. I kind of want to see her become a powerful hero despite her upbringing.

Wait parshendi and humans can mate together?

25 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

Horneaters and Herdazians are both WoB confirmed to be Parshendi/Human mixes. It really makes you question what Jasnah believes about the Parshmen in my opinion. 

Although it does line up with their origin story, as told by Rock and paraphrased by me: "always persecuted by the [rest of the] humans, asked the spren for help and granted a home (and form, perhaps?) that allowed them to live in relative peace alongside the [rest of the] humans." The first bit definitely aligns with the desolations.

Actually, I just noticed how all their pleas to the Spren are answered in terms of transformation: The suggestion that, by living in the forest, they would be targeted by woodsmen (which Kaladin scoffs at), or by living in the sea they would be targeted by fisherman, indicates that in those cases they would become wood or fish. Perhaps when they went to the peaks and cultivated it into a home they were granted a human-like (and -compatible) form by the owner of a particular Shardpool located there...

Edit: Sorry for the thread hijack, I'll take my musings to a new thread for comment.

Edited by Krandacth
Thread Hijack Apology

5 minutes ago, Eagle of the Forest Path said:

I've got this (somewhat far-fetched) theory that Lift's got Terris ancestry. It makes sense to me, but I won't expect it to to anyone else, since it's based on assumptions and wishes, mostly.

It might be possible. By the time we find out about her past Brandon will have explained the cosmere in a lot more depth, and that might explain crossovers between the stories, and make it plausible.

9 hours ago, nervousnerd said:

I wouldn't think that Aimians and humans would be able to mate.

I don't know what the other portion of parentage is, but the Natan people have Aimian ancestry. Source So now there's reasonable doubt, as it were

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Wasn't lift born around the time Dalinar sought out the old magic.. Any chance she is a bastard daughter of Dalinar?

OK so I checked it and I don't think its possible. According to the storm light wiki Dalinar sought the old magic after his wife died in 1163. The current year in WOK is 1173, so 10 years before, and lift is 12 I think

55 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

I don't know what the other portion of parentage is, but the Natan people have Aimian ancestry. Source So now there's reasonable doubt, as it were

Well, that seems to say that Lift is not part Aimian unless she is descended from the other type of Aimian (I assume those groups are from Siah because of the blue coloring and because bugs aren't attractive to most people) or unless darker skin hides the blue better.

1 minute ago, nervousnerd said:

Well, that seems to say that Lift is not part Aimian unless she is descended from the other type of Aimian (I assume those groups are from Siah because of the blue coloring and because bugs aren't attractive to most people) or unless darker skin hides the blue better.

It appears that I was remembering something from a different discussion when i said "reasonable doubt." That topic brought up somewhere that the passage of time may have weakened/taken away Herdaz/Horneater ability to change forms like their Parshendi ancestors, assuming they could ever do that, so I meant it in the sense of that more than in the sense of Lift's parentage. melding similar discussions is an issue I have here and there

10 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

It appears that I was remembering something from a different discussion when i said "reasonable doubt." That topic brought up somewhere that the passage of time may have weakened/taken away Herdaz/Horneater ability to change forms like their Parshendi ancestors, assuming they could ever do that, so I meant it in the sense of that more than in the sense of Lift's parentage. melding similar discussions is an issue I have here and there

Yeah, me too apparently. I probably should have quoted the person above who said that. Didn't mean to imply that you suggested it.

1 hour ago, Telmond said:

OK so I checked it and I don't think its possible. According to the storm light wiki Dalinar sought the old magic after his wife died in 1163. The current year in WOK is 1173, so 10 years before, and lift is 12 I think

ok thanks.  She is 13 btw.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic