Should I buy the hard cover or ebook of WoR?

eveorjoy

IIRC, the iBook version had the artwork in. A co-worker was showing it to me on his iPad.

I plan on doing an autographed hard cover somehow. What I can't figure out is the Kindle version is saying March 6th, and the iBooks version is saying March 4th. What to do, what to do.

IIRC, the iBook version had the artwork in. A co-worker was showing it to me on his iPad.

I plan on doing an autographed hard cover somehow. What I can't figure out is the Kindle version is saying March 6th, and the iBooks version is saying March 4th. What to do, what to do.

The color endpaper art isn't in the ebooks tho...  The most pretty of artwork.

I'm getting the ebook, because I genuinely don't think I can hold onto the hardback long enough to read the whole thing in one sitting.

I'll be picking up a hardback later, when Sanderson comes to the UK.  I want a signed copy.

Although, if he takes enough time, I might be able to get a paperback to be signed.  

Awww.... But I bet he would look good in a scarf or bow tie. ;)

Bow ties are cool, after all.  Okay, so WoB is that he isn't the Doctor but that doesn't exclude him from being a Time Lord.  He was playing with his TARDIS console and boom ended up crashed in the Cosmere.  Thus began The Storyteller's (or perhaps The Hoid? ;) epic adventures through time and space..with his assistant, Sigzil...

I don't know about anyone else but I'd watch it.

This is my dilemma as well. I'm rooting for the ebook mainly because I will be able to get it as soon as WoR is released. 

FYI, Amazon (at least in the US, and if you have Prime or spring for a little extra shipping cost) actually ships a lot of preordered stuff early so you'll receive them on release day. This includes WoR.

Can't remember which off the top of my head, but one of the WoT books I ordered actually showed up the day before release since UPS was apparently feeling extra efficient.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117710

FYI, Amazon (at least in the US, and if you have Prime or spring for a little extra shipping cost) actually ships a lot of preordered stuff early so you'll receive them on release day. This includes WoR.

Can't remember which off the top of my head, but one of the WoT books I ordered actually showed up the day before release since UPS was apparently feeling extra efficient.

This happened to me years ago. I received Harry Potter 5 the day before it was supposed to be released. That was awesome. It was one of the reasons I considered getting the hardcover of WoR through Amazon.

Thank you, I didn't know. I don't live in the US though and I prefer a hardcover/paperback in my native language. March is global release date, WoK publisher in my country received the book for translation in December so I think they will be able to publish it on 4th March or least within the month.  When it comes to reading in a foreign language, e-books are much easier for me to read, because I can check everything I don't understand quickly, so buying physical English edition wasn't what I meant. I should have clarified :) 

On the subject of e-books, does anyone know how long after release the price drops? I have already preordered WoR but I'm not made of money and I'd like to get a digital copy so I can actually read it somewhere outside my house.

On the subject of e-books, does anyone know how long after release the price drops? I have already preordered WoR but I'm not made of money and I'd like to get a digital copy so I can actually read it somewhere outside my house.

Steelheart was released in september if I remember right, its price dropped January first.

WoK price dropped in March, but I don't know when it came out, I had been introduced to BS post publication.

Those could give you a guide to guess by.

The biggest discounts for ebooks are generally on the first book when it's a series. I doubt we'll ever see anything under 6 bucks for wor.

im actualy looking for an offer with hardcover + ebook, which is way cheaper then buying both a pice.

no luck at amazon ='(

Brandon has been kind enough to offer ebooks for people who email him pictures of them with their hardcovers. The main issue is time. I don't want to wait for shipping.

I pre-ordered the hardcover when I saw that it was only 21 dollars, and added a hardcover Way of Kings to get free shipping.  For anyone interested, amazon.ca has hardcover first editions of The Way of Kings for $12.80.

Edit: Upvotes for the Doctor Who references.

Edited by SirVarrock

Brandon has been kind enough to offer ebooks for people who email him pictures of them with their hardcovers. The main issue is time. I don't want to wait for shipping.

That only works with the Emperor's Soul and Legion, with the US editions. We retained ebook rights for those. We don't have the right to distribute any other ebooks ourselves.

I'll be purchasing the e-book... Until the smaller sized paperback is released that is the same size as all the other cosmere works on my shelf, then I will grab it as well.

(Yes, this is obsessive compulsive, so sue me... Still waiting on The Emperor's Soul / Legion to be released in the smaller paperback... (Might be waiting a long time yet)

I pre-ordered the hardcover when I saw that it was only 21 dollars, and added a hardcover Way of Kings to get free shipping.  For anyone interested, amazon.ca has hardcover first editions of The Way of Kings for $12.80.

Edit: Upvotes for the Doctor Who references.

Nice!!  I read the mmpb of WoK and I plan on getting WoR in hardcover so that will be nice to have a matching set.  I just recently bought a used nook from a friend of mine and read a few books on it, but I just love have something tangible in my hands.  I even bought the first Mistborn book to read when I already had it available on my nook.  I just think the physicallity of the book, along with the artwork is part of the whole experience.

Hardcover. The ebook will drop in price. I got TWoK for $3.00. Moreover the Hardcover isn't too pricy on the internets, at around 10 bucks. I've bought 3 softcovers(gifts), 1 hardcover, the ebook, and the audiobook so far though.

The hardcovers are priceless to own. They're beautiful, filled with amazing art, and just feel right. Plus they make excellent home defense weaponry. If I'm ever in a firefight The Way of Kings will be protecting my heart.

The Words of Radiance ebook probably won't drop to $9.99 until it's been out for a year. And it probably won't drop lower than that for a few years afterward. Though it's possible Amazon could discount it below cost at any time, since they're legally allowed to do that now.

I still don't have any word on whether the book will be in the Kindle MatchBook program. Most Tor books aren't.

I still don't have any word on whether the book will be in the Kindle MatchBook program. Most Tor books aren't.

Well darn, I was really hoping for that. Oh well. I don't suppose you know if the WoR artwork will be uploaded on the same night as the book is released?