Marvel Cinematic Universe

2 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

I still think of her as Skye in my head most of the time. :blink:

It took ages for me to switch. I tend to think of her in season 1 and Skye and 2 and 3 as Daisy. 

when she was under Hives control and breaks out of the shield base and Coulson yells "Daisy" I think my heart broke

Edited by Delightful

25 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Hide contents

when she was under Hives control and breaks out of the shield base and Coulson yells "Daisy" I think my heart broke

My heart broke during the season finale. It was a masterful ending, but I cried so hard.

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

Reveal hidden contents

heartbroken as I am about Lincoln, I'm even more heartbroken about the effect lincoln's death had on Daisy. 

And no more Brett Dalton :( 

Spoiler

I know!  I was always hoping, against all odds, without a shred of rationality, that Ward would become good again.  Brett Dalton did an amazing job with all the roles they handed him, IMO.  I actually never liked Lincoln, but that last scene... Heartrending.  It was awesome how Hive just gave in when he realized he could not win.  Very good writing.  Most villains wouldn't do that, and it definitely gave us some insight into Hive's mind.

But now I just can't wait till season 4.  I hope it's good.  I think seasons 1 and the last half of 3 have been the best, but that's just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Magestar said:
  Hide contents

I know!  I was always hoping, against all odds, without a shred of rationality, that Ward would become good again.  Brett Dalton did an amazing job with all the roles they handed him, IMO.  I actually never liked Lincoln, but that last scene... Heartrending.  It was awesome how Hive just gave in when he realized he could not win.  Very good writing.  Most villains wouldn't do that, and it definitely gave us some insight into Hive's mind.

But now I just can't wait till season 4.  I hope it's good.  I think seasons 1 and the last half of 3 have been the best, but that's just my opinion.

or you could say....some insight into the hive mind

:ph34r: 

seriously Hive is my favourite Dalton incarnation on the show he is AWESOME. hydra!ward I was eh about, but his faults did lead to his death so. 

So i would watch hours of Daisy going shopping or whatever. She's pure awesome. It is just interesting that the show thematically started as "non powered people can be heroes too" but slowly the characters are getting powered.

and I'm still upset Bobbi left the team. Bobbi is amazing. At least we still have Mac and Coulson and Fitzimmons and May....for now :l

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

Reveal hidden contents

or you could say....some insight into the hive mind

:ph34r: 

seriously Hive is my favourite Dalton incarnation on the show he is AWESOME. hydra!ward I was eh about, but his faults did lead to his death so. 

So i would watch hours of Daisy going shopping or whatever. She's pure awesome. It is just interesting that the show thematically started as "non powered people can be heroes too" but slowly the characters are getting powered.

and I'm still upset Bobbi left the team. Bobbi is amazing. At least we still have Mac and Coulson and Fitzimmons and May....for now :l

Spoiler

Yeah, I'll miss Bobby and Hunter.  They were a great pair, and definitely brought the mood and level of the show up.  I was very disappointed when Marvel's Most Wanted was put off.

4 minutes ago, Magestar said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I'll miss Bobby and Hunter.  They were a great pair, and definitely brought the mood and level of the show up.  I was very disappointed when Marvel's Most Wanted was put off.

Hunter I'm lukewarm about, I don't dislike him but I don't particularly like him either. I was also disappointed about Marvels Most Wanted. Anything with more Bobbi is a plus

10 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

@Quiver, u don't like Bendis?? Why not?

Bendis is like any writer; he has his strengths and weaknesses. He plays really well in the street level side of things for instance. His dialogue has a Whedon-esque quality to it. And he does a good job of building up certain characters (Jessica Jones and Like Cage).

Unfortunately, all his work lately has been on long-running, established characters, and it's made his weaknesses too glaring to ignore. Bendis might follow hid own continuity most of the time, but he'll throw it out if he needs to...and he has even less regard or anything other writers have done with characters.

Continuity is not story telling shackles. Continuity builds stories, and let's the readership know that what they are reading ultimately matters. Tossing away established facts and characterisations with barely a handwave doesn't help that, especially when you are working on a franchise which is meticulous about plot details.

(Hi, X-Men!)

The sheer decompression of his books is kind of absurd, too. Six-part arcs are the industry standard these days, but Bendis' stories don't seem to have enough content for that much. I had that opinion of him the few times I read Ultimate Spider-man, but again, I think X-Men is the biggest example of that; he wrote a storyline which started in one event, and outlasted a second. 

The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier did not need to be that long. The fact that it ended with being rebooted out of continuity highlights that. Bendis had two monthly X-books, and couldn't wrap up any of his storyline which is...not good.

Also, characters. Some of the characters he writes benefits from it; look at Lake Cage! Otherwise, well...

As a Hawkeye fan, the fact that Bendis persistently gets Clint's personality so wrong, and has done so for a long, long time, bothers me. Hawkeye is not a minor character, so I don't think it's Bendis not doing research.it feels more like him deciding to change Barton to fit how ge thinks the character should be.

I've also heard he's super defensive of stuff,like Dazzler's new costume, or dismissing all complaints related to Riri and Miles as racist...but that's hearsay, which I can't back up o e way or another.

...but...

I realise this is all personal complaints. Bendis is also the guy who launched the Avengers to stardom with New Avengers, and he's been working in an industry, with characters, that I'd kill to get a chance to do. So clearly he's doing something right, and his writing dies resonate with some people...I'm just not one of them.

Edited by Quiver

@Quiver, I haven't read any of his Hawkeye, but i see what u mean  by continuity issues.

But you have to admit, his work with Spiderman was storming amazing. (I noticed you ignored Spiderman)

House of M, Secret War, Secret Invasion, SEIGE (Holy cow, that was great), Moon Knight, Avengers vs Xmen and Old man Logan were good to name a few, not to mention his art, which is pretty insane.

Also his work in DC with those two Batman volumes, Chronicles and Greatest Stories Ever Told were alright

On 8/23/2016 at 10:10 PM, Delightful said:

Hide contents

heartbroken as I am about Lincoln, I'm even more heartbroken about the effect lincoln's death had on Daisy. 

And no more Brett Dalton :( 

Spoiler

Another part about the finale that I thought was well done was the whole "pass the death trinket" game that was happening. Once I realized it was happening I just kept wondering whether they would have time to pass it off or if the current holder was going to die. Really kept the already high tension high.

18 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:
  Hide contents

Another part about the finale that I thought was well done was the whole "pass the death trinket" game that was happening. Once I realized it was happening I just kept wondering whether they would have time to pass it off or if the current holder was going to die. Really kept the already high tension high.

Eh, that's an general prophecy gimmick I don't like. Arbitrary thing just happen because arbitrary thing was seen in vision is just so cheap and really doesn't have any significance to the story behind It Was Forseen.

Particularly since it wasn't a natural story logic reason lincoln took it - he took it only because it was in the vision.

Edited by Delightful

31 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Eh, that's an general prophecy gimmick I don't like. Arbitrary thing just happen because arbitrary thing was seen in vision is just so cheap and really doesn't have any significance to the story behind It Was Forseen.

Reveal hidden contents

Particularly since it wasn't a natural story logic reason lincoln took it - he took it only because it was in the vision.

Eh. True, it is pretty cheap. I hadn't seen it before though which is probably why I found it attractive. If I saw it again, I probably wouldn't care for it. Tbf though, if you're watching AoS for the plot, you probably should be watching something else. Self-fulfilling prophecy because of the knowledge of the prophecy are pretty poor in general though. 

43 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Eh. True, it is pretty cheap. I hadn't seen it before though which is probably why I found it attractive. If I saw it again, I probably wouldn't care for it. Tbf though, if you're watching AoS for the plot, you probably should be watching something else. Self-fulfilling prophecy because of the knowledge of the prophecy are pretty poor in general though. 

I don't generally mind the AoS plot so much, I just have a pet peeve about that particular twist being cheap.

35 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

What are you all talking about??

Agents of SHIELD. Its currently at three seasons, starting shortly after the first Avengers movie with the resurrection of Coulson as he forms a team to deal with "super" threats like people discovering superpowers and otherworldly objects appearing on earth. It references the movies but doesn't have much significant crossover. 

I've heard that the DCTU is better than the MTU, but I just haven't gotten around to watching any of it.  Where would you suggest starting?

And yes.  Right now, DCU just plain stinks.  It might be just comparison, but I don't like anything they have done recently.

Daredevil is probably the most popular MTU thing, in my opinion.  It is also one of the most well done, however much I like AoS.  And the pass of thing kept tensions high, and was pretty effective, but I just hate self-fulfilling prophecies. So that sort of ruined it for me.

Edited by Magestar

6 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I've heard that the DCTU is better than the MTU, but I just haven't gotten around to watching any of it.  Where would you suggest starting.

And yes.  Right now, DCU just plain stinks.  It might be just comparison, but I don't like anything they have done recently.

Daredevil is probably the most popular MTU thing, in my opinion.  It is also one of the most well done, however much I like AoS.  And the pass of thing kept tensions high, and was pretty effective, but I just hate self-fulfilling prophecies. So that sort of ruined it for me.

Funnily enough, I'm a little stuck on Daredevil s2. not that I dislike it but I'm not dying to finish it. Jessica Jones and Agent Carter are both awesome. SHIELD is.....I dunno. Not exactly brilliant, but still a lot of fun, Coulson is great and Daisy is wonderful and.......and I guess I'm watching SHIELD for the characters at this point? Haven't really thought it through much. Also I apologise for rambling; I'm tired and probably shouldnt be posting online right now. :P

I loved Agent Carter, thought it was really well done.  They just must have failed with advertising or producing or something, because it never went anywhere at all.  The second season was, Imo, even better than the first, but it had so few people watching it.  And now the show has been cancled or something.

I'm mostly talking statistics.  I haven't actually watched Jessica Jones, and neither has anyone I know, so I really know almost nothing about it.  I'm looking forwards to Luke Cage coming out, because l like that character in the comics, and just in general.  I hope they do it justice.  

I really like agents of shield, partially for the characters, but mostly because it tends to keep me guessing.  It gets more boring for me when I can see where it's going, but I like that l can watch it progress and try to guess at the master plan behind everything.  l enjoy that sort of thing.

I watch DCTU....on Putlocker :ph34r: Works good for me.

19 hours ago, Magestar said:

Where would you suggest starting?

With Arrow. I however never got past the first season....cos theres just too damnation much to catch up on.

If your like me just stick with Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl :)

7 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I watch DCTU....on Putlocker :ph34r: Works good for me.

With Arrow. I however never got past the first season....cos theres just too damnation much to catch up on.

If your like me just stick with Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl :)

You can watch little catch up videos on the CW site, about 5 minutes per episode, that just give the important details, if you want to know what happened but don't care to spend the time watching the whole episodes.  I did that with part of season 3 I couldn't find a good way to watch.  EDIT: I don't know for sure if there's region limitations on that site, so it might not be available where everyone is.

jW

Edited by Jondesu