Hurt'n Heal Cosmere Villains

I'm afraid that if I leave the laptop, Bleeder will gain all the points. Where are all the people who want Terry to win????

9. Bleeder- 16
15. Taravangian- 84

Edit: Thanks Cartographer7

Edited by Renoux

Hurt Taravangian; heal Bleeder

9. Bleeder- 18
15. Taravangian- 82

By the way, since this might end soon, I want to ask what people think about rules for next game. Early in the thread I suggested, instead of the 2-minute rule, that players should wait at least 15 or 30 minutes after their own last post. Do others think that would be an improvement?

9. Bleeder- 17
15. Taravangian- 83

WayneSpren abandoned you because he felt guilty for killing Mraize and couldn't continue, knowing what he'd done.

Zizoz, yeah we could implement that in the next game and see how it goes

Edited by Daniyah

11 minutes ago, Zizoz said:
By the way, since this might end soon, I want to ask what people think about rules for next game. Early in the thread I suggested, instead of the 2-minute rule, that players should wait at least 15 or 30 minutes after their own last post. Do others think that would be an improvement?

I think real time limitations are hard to enforce, especially with all the ninjas. I think having to wait until a given number of posts by other people works best. It might be good to raise that number to 3 next time. (Also, maybe add a rule that once we're down to 2 contestants, the one with more health just wins.)

EDIT: definitely read your post wrong, thought it said 15-30 seconds. Yeah, I think 15 minutes sounds pretty reasonable. Though it will slow things down near the end quite a bit; it's already taking us quite a long time to kill off Bleeder.

Heal Terry, hurt Bleeder.

9. Bleeder- 16
15. Taravangian- 84

Edited by Cartographer7

3 minutes ago, Cartographer7 said:

(Also, maybe add a rule that once we're down to 2 contestants, the one with more health just wins.)

Nope no nu-uh

9. Bleeder- 17
15. Taravangian- 83

Edited by Daniyah

Agree that we should still play out the last two. It does get faster towards the end, but it's a little easier to keep track of too. And just because the character with the advantage won last time and it looks like that'll happen this time doesn't mean that it'll always go that way.

My suggestion was specifically a time limit from a player's own previous post, so ninjas wouldn't affect it.

That said, it may turn out that increasing the two-post rule is the more effective solution.

Edited by Zizoz

1 minute ago, Renoux said:

I actually agree. If it's down to two characters, I think the one with less points still deserves a chance, especially if the margins are close.

Maybe my solution isn't the best way implement it, but I don't think a long slog like we're doing now is desirable. I think there should be some way to speed things up toward the end of a match.

1 minute ago, Zizoz said:

My suggestion was specifically a time limit from a player's own previous post, so ninjas wouldn't affect it.

Ah, good point. Yeah, I think that'd work. However, I it only exacerbates the need for a way to speed things up when the number of contestants gets lower.

I have returned. Heal Terry, bleed Bleeder

9. Bleeder- 16
15. Taravangian- 84

Hm... About changes for the next game...

I like the idea of the fifteen minute thing. Also, to speed along the pace, we make the characters start at 3 points instead of five so the total is less than 100. Finally, perhaps we would make everyone's votes count as 2 when we get down to the last 4 contenders (because this is really when things started to move too slowly I think).

With these changes a conclusion would probably require fewer than the 34 pages and counting that we are at now. And at the same time it would keep things from moving too quickly because fifteen minutes is a nice long delay.

Also maybe next round we should all make sure to check the post right above our own whenever we make a new post, so that things don't get thrown off.

Although also, I'm not even sure I'm up to another game :P

Hurt Taravangian; heal Bleeder.

9. Bleeder- 18
15. Taravangian- 82

I'd rather stick with 5 points to start, personally. Perhaps I'm concerned about nothing, but I'm worried that decreasing that could make it too easy to knock out strong contenders early.

If we double the votes at the final 4, what happens when someone hurts a character with 1 HP? One of the things I like about the current format is that the total number of points is constant, so it can serve as a simple check to see if the score makes sense, and that rule could change that, though admittedly only a couple times per game.

Hurt Terry, heal Bleeder.

9. Bleeder- 19
15. Taravangian- 81

I think 2 points hurt/heal for the last four contestants may not be such a good idea, for pretty much the same reason Zizoz pointed out. We won't have that problem with just two last men standing.

Anyway, what will the next game be about? I think I did propose Cosmere worlds before; that was only half-joking suggestion, but considering we have only 10/11 (depends whether you count Vax as a planet) worlds, it would be a much quicker game.