Night 3: A Stick on the Sea

Gon Freecs was boating in a brilliant ocean when he received the news. The letter had come to him, passed straight through the Cognitive Realm. Mr. Freecs, you are charged with treason to the Shardic Coalition. Your punishment will be administered to you at exactly two minutes past noon. It was the event he'd been dreading for weeks, ever since his Aviar disappeared.

He looked at the sun. Almost high noon. Was it enough time to get away? He turned the boat around, aiming towards the near shore. He had almost reached it when the power struck, ripping a hole in reality exactly around him, transporting him bodily to the great Beyond.

----------------------------------------------------

It was early in the morning when Kelen awoke on Scadrial.  He had been there for some time now, arriving accidentally after his first foray into Shadesmar.  Mist had accompanied him of course, and was at this moment hovering above him, apparently waiting for him to wake.  She followed him around his routine in the morning, getting out of bed. Stick.  

He quickly dressed in his clothes, his brilliant white hair contrasting the dark clothing he wore to avoid ash stains.  Storm this planet and its storming ash.  Storming annoying, it was. Stick.  

His breakfast had already been prepared for him when he arrived in the dining room, made by the cooks and served by the servants of the man whose house he was currently lodging in.  It was a Noble's meal of course, Kelen expected nothing less, especially given his lighteyes heritage, and high dahn, though the people here didn't quite seem to understand how important that made him. Stick.  

He enjoyed the meal regardless though, it was well made, if anything.   After the meal, he left the house, about to go about his daily business.  Yet on the steps, it struck him.  He was a Stick.  Assuming his true role, he lay down, and then promptly vanished.

Gon Freecs (DeathClutch) was lynched. He was a Worldhopper!

Kelen Taldar (AliasSheep) was killed. He was Hoid, the Stick, and the Scapegoat!

Vote Tally:

Deathclutch(12): Nyali, Conquestor, Lopen, AliasSheep, Araris, Leif, The Young Bard, Alvron, Mark, Amanuensis, Arrenae, Deathclutch
Mailliw(1): Mailliw

Thanks to AliasSheep for writing his own death sequence.

Day 3 is over! Night 3 will last 24 hours.

pin_1464116400.png

Edited by Seonid

Player List:

1. Par Degaton (Master Elodin) Vessel; Suicidal Analyst
2. Jonly (The Only Joe) - A Sliver of Preservation, and a Feruchemist
3. Hal Heatherlock (Parodium Haelbarde)
4. Seznith Seridanon (Kynedath) Knight Radiant
5. The Nameless (Trelagist) Worldhopper
6. Gorl (cloudjumper)
7. Alkazar (Zephrer) - an exiled Sand Mastrell from Taldain
8. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - a Scadrian nobleman
9. Miani (Mailliw), Maw's latest apprentice
10. Kelen Taldar (AliasSheep) Hoid; Stick and Scapegoat
11. Tindomë (Elbereth) Mastrell; Agent of Autonomy; Stick and Suicidal Analyst
12. Amanuensis (Amanuensis) Poisoner; Outed Player
13. Nijza (Nyali), a world singer of small renown; Vessel holding Cultivation Returned
14. Bernte Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
15. Gon Freecs (DeathClutch19) Worldhopper
16. Brian (Paranoid King), a lowly soldier Vessel holding Ruin; Scapegoat
17. Exisa (phattemer), the original Seventeeth Shard
18. :) (MarkIV)
19. Parth (Conquestor)
20. Jimmy (TheMightyLopen), a Lifeless hamster
21. Nila Hamming (Arrenae), an enthusiastic Hemalurgist

22. Left of Space (leiftinspace)

23. Valan Quivar (Quiver), a Rosharan dudebro highprince; Vessel holding Honor

24. Second of the Sky (Alvron), on his last chance with the Collective.

25. Vathir (The Young Bard), a Nalthian Rambleman

Wait. What?

Are you sure there's no error here? If Alias was lynched as well, that has to be scapegoat ability, and yet the writeup has vote manip'd DC's vote to himself. I'll have a look at the turn order when I have time.

Edited by The Young Bard

Well, Puppetmaster took DC's survival away, I'd guess.

Sorry, Sheep, Scapegoat and Stick? That's rough.

Yeah, I was asking around for them to take away his powers. I think they're just taking away the powers from whoever's getting lynched. Which would mean we could actually have lynched Aman and he would have died instantly and without killing anyone with his Poison. :/ Well, we know we could do that now! As long as the Puppetmaster isn't a Sharder... Hmm.

Yeah, I was asking around for them to take away his powers. I think they're just taking away the powers from whoever's getting lynched. Which would mean we could actually have lynched Aman and he would have died instantly and without killing anyone with his Poison. :/ Well, we know we could do that now! As long as the Puppetmaster isn't a Sharder... Hmm.

Actually, Aman would have had a delayed death, due to being an Outed player. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Actually, Aman would have had a delayed death, due to being an Outed player. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The question would be, can the puppet master move the outed player role to someone else? If they could, Aman would no longer be the outed player and so would insta die.

The question would be, can the puppet master move the outed player role to someone else? If they could, Aman would no longer be the outed player and so would insta die.

Yeah I clarified that with Seonid that it would move his Outed Player role away as well, so he actually would have died. Too bad we didn't do that instead. :( Next time for sure though. :D

Oh well.

Hael, could you move the Outed Player role to me? I'd like to live at least one game... (where are the favors you said you'd call in?)

Eh, forget what I just said. I wouldn't expect someone so autonomous to do what an eliminator asks.

Just to be clear about what happened, could someone please let me know if this sounds plausible?

The Puppetmaster swapped Arrenae and Sheep, putting all roles and meta-roles onto Sheep. This resulted in Sheep dying from the Scapegoat's effect because he voted for DC, who was lynched.

Beacuse one of the Puppetmaster's targets died, roles are not restored. This leaves Arrenae with no roles or meta-roles (except new metas are assigned in the morning, so there will be a new Scapegoat and a new Stick, though the Stick does nothing now).

... wait, that can't be right. The Scapegoat effect triggers INSTEAD of the kill. So, how did Sheep die during the day? Does becoming Hoid with a Stick due to a Puppetmaster effect cause an immediate death?

Oh. Well, that's silly.

EDIT: Wait a sec, Sheep couldn't have been Hoid. Puppetmaster still had to be involved. Sheep voted at the same time there was a secret vote, and only Hoid has the power to secret vote. Still confused.

Edited by Nyali

Eh the reason Sheep died is actually a lot simpler than that. He used his self-protect, forgetting about the Hoid/Stick interaction, and effectively committed suicide. Huge mistake that likely cost my team the game :[

You're a pessimistic one.  <_<

But hey, it's not over until we're all dead, and even then the worst that will happen is that the game will end and give us time to join another one.

Day 4: The Eye of the Storm

The little boat that had carried Gon Freecs finally came to harbor on a calm sea, under an empty sky. Its tattered rigging and splintered masts testified to the power of the storm that had sent it racing before, but it had survived. It was preserved.

All across the Cosmere, mortals awoke to find that nothing had changed from the day before. The power of Preservation seeped across the universe, binding routines and cementing choices.

For one brief, glorious moment, like that tattered little boat, everything had been Preserved.

No one died!

Ultimate Preservation has been used! All votes and actions submitted after it was used are cancelled. Any items used are not consumed. If you do not receive a PM from me telling you that your actions were successful, they were cancelled.

Ultimate Preservation lasts for 72 hours (or one Day and one Night from when it was used). It will be lifted at the exact time on Night 4 that it was activated.

However, because all actions, votes, etc. on Day 4 will be cancelled, I intend to shorten Day 4 to 24 hours instead of 48. (This will affect the duration of Ultimate Preservation. It will be ended at the same time on Night 4 regardless of whether the Day turn is 24 hours or 48 hours).

If you would like the Day to be 48 hours instead of the normal 24, please tell me in your PM with me. If more than one person requests it, the Day will run for its normal time. If it is extended to 48 hours, I will announce it as soon as a second person requests it in their PM. I will not count requests made in the thread.

Edited by Seonid