Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

I...thought it was gold actually.  And that red would have clashed with my hair.  But you may be on to something, I'm not sure.  @bleeder actually did the photo manip that gave me a hat, because he is kind and/or bored.

It's supposed to be gold. Red would clash.

And yes... a bit of both.

4 hours ago, Jedal said:

I appreciate someone with a broad taste of music! Personally, one of my favorite bands which I just discovered is called Vinyl Theatre, and I found Panic! through one of their covers. If you are so inclined, these are the ones I would recommend on their page:

"Stay"

"Gold"

"Breaking Up My Bones"

I'm listening to Vinyl Theatre right now and I like what I hear! My favorite band is Of Monsters and Men. Have you heard of them? If not, I recommend all of their songs, but some of my favorites are, "Slow and Steady," "From Finner," "Yellow Light," "Slow Life," and "Organs."

Edited by The Honor Spren

21 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I'm listening to Vinyl Theatre right now and I like what I hear! My favorite band is Of Monsters and Men. Have you heard of them? If not, I recommend all of their songs, but some of my favorites are, "Slow and Steady," "From Finner," "Yellow Light," "Slow Life," and "Organs."

A good recommendation is all the thanks I need! I'll check 'em out soon, if I don't die from all the stress of tests.

EDIT: I was listening to their Vevo on Youtube and somehow autoplayed to Robbie Rotten's actor giving an interview where he did We are Number One. Lol.

Edited by Jedal

The only song I've listened to by Panic! at the Disco is "Nine in the Afternoon," and then only because it was on Rock Band. XD I'm now making notes on songs and bands I need to listen to: Dawes, Vinyl Theatre, Of Monsters and Men. (I could have sworn I'd heard a song by Of Monsters and Men before, but after looking through a list of their songs, I think I've just seen Hot Topic selling their merchandise so often that the name got stuck in my brain. XD)

Edit: @TwiLyghtSansSparkles this is for you!

Spoiler

Pug Sit Assault.jpg

Edited by Sunbird

Since we're preaching music

Y'all need to listen to....

JON BELLION
HOLY SHIZZLE HE IS THE rust, IT'S LITERALLY MUSIC IS MY DRUGS AND BELLION IS MY DEALER. ALSO AVICII.

Some of my favourites. which is almost all of his songs....lol

Spoiler

JON BELLION- Most have a little swearing

A little graphic ^^^ as in a few words

In recognition of Jim Morrison and The Doors ^^

Sounds better at x1.25

A little swearing

I don't i like that one in particular too much but I'm not sure about you guys sooo^^

A little swearing ^^

DO YOU GUYS SEE WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN THERE^^^^ It relates to Dalinar's flashbacks....

A little weird^

A little swearing

A fair amount of swearing, but wait for the chiiillls bros

@Deliiiiiightful. This one's for you ^^

And I absolutely love the cover art of his albums and songs :wub:

And @bleeder

Lets see, he's basically the pakistani version of you lol. 

Face shape, almost exactly the same

Waistcoats? Check

Suspenders? Check (Wait do you wear suspenders? I kinda have forgotten)

Glasses? Check

Ok the hair's different but that's expected

Edited by Darkness Ascendant
Completely forgot some songs XD

Anyone who'd want to ask me for music recommendations (which is, admittedly, a very small number :P) need only glance at my signature. ;) 

but seriously I will hype this band to no end they are the absolute best

Oh, and I agree with @The Honor Spren that Of Monsters and Men are excellent. :D 

Edited by Slowswift

So, Gravity Falls fans, apparently, there's an American superstition holding that if a pregnant woman is frightened by something before she gives birth, her child will have a birthmark shaped like the thing that scared her. 

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_nycxdjPu2g1tbs3b7_540.jpg

I would love to know why Dipper's mom was scared of the Big Dipper. :mellow: 

Alright. I'm super weirded out right now.

In my school (which is incredibly liberal) I am currently having a unit on Race and Gender. Not in novels, not in literature, not even in picture books, just flat out race and gender. It's not even English class anymore.

I'm not even that mad, I'm just so confused by the fact that I have to write a twenty line poem on microagressions! Actually! What. The. What. Someone help me.

3 minutes ago, Jedal said:

In my school (which is incredibly liberal) I am currently having a unit on Race and Gender. Not in novels, not in literature, not even in picture books, just flat out race and gender. It's not even English class anymore.

I'm not even that mad, I'm just so confused by the fact that I have to write a twenty line poem on microagressions! Actually! What. The. What. Someone help me.

Triggered

Edited by bleeder

4 minutes ago, Jedal said:

You sure this unit isn't called Tumblr: The Class?

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You sure this unit isn't called Tumblr: The Class?

See, I'm about to go to winter break, and I am ninety percent sure the teacher is just screwing with our heads. But then again, he was also the guy that begged for us to switch Frankenstein out for Their Eyes Were Watching God, which kinda sucks. Every time I go in the classroom I get

8 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Triggered

But if I were to say something, I would be a white male who "couldn't check his privileged and understand things from the point of view of a disenfranchised [insert race here] woman with one arm who was [insert gender here] and survived three world wars.

10 hours ago, Jedal said:

I - what? How the hell do you write a poem about microagressions?!?! That is legit the weirdest thing ever. And you can't  have an English class without texts. Whaaaaat. 

I said I'm from brooklyn

you said no you must be African 

where are you from

i couldn't say you're wrong 

to my boss so I must have

looked real stupid 

thats my attempt. 

Edit: Ok this is amazing 

Edited by Deliiiiiightful

So apparently there is a town in West Virginia (which I have always held to be the most dreary and terrible state) that has a population of five.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.48.57 AM.png

And somehow, their website is cuter and more well-designed than my city's website.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.50.53 AM.pngScreenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.51.19 AM.png

Edited by bleeder

This is probably just my iPad being old, but there's something wrong with the previous page for me. I keep getting told there's an error and then the page reloads by itself. This happens over and over until Safari doesn't bother trying to load it anymore.

@bleeder, what's so supposedly bad about West Virginia?

5 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

This is probably just my iPad being old, but there's something wrong with the previous page for me. I keep getting told there's an error and then the page reloads by itself. This happens over and over until Safari doesn't bother trying to load it anymore.

@bleeder, what's so supposedly bad about West Virginia?

I'm from Virginia, so watch your mouth.

26 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Well I am living in Virginia at the moment, so I'd never badmouth it. :P 

Except to say it's way to cold here, and winter break is ridiculously short.

Well this is West Virginia, which is a completely different state. 

I quite like real Virginia.

I found Tweets that look straight out of Night Vale:

Spoiler

sub-buzz-10208-1481144576-5.png?no-autosub-buzz-3549-1481064785-1.png?no-auto

sub-buzz-5684-1481068027-1.png?resize=62

sub-buzz-3679-1481065067-1.png?no-auto

Edited by bleeder

26 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Well I am living in Virginia at the moment, so I'd never badmouth it. :P 

Except to say it's way to cold here, and winter break is ridiculously short.

*Laughs in two week winter break*

I love my New York private school

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Just wait till y'all get to college. Having a month off school is awesome. 

But it really doesn't prepare you for life after school.  "Winter break?  Hahahaha!  No, you're working."