Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

19 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Chanuka is another spelling of the holiday Hanukkah. But I don't know what Story Del is referring to either, since I wasn't on the Shard this time last year.

There's literally about 10 different English spelling variations. Ch/h/kh, a n/nn u k/kk a (h).  It's kind of ridiculous. 

Edit: Here's the story.

Edited by Deliiiiiightful

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

I finished watching Angel Beats last night and still haven't recovered from the feels. :mellow:

I saw the first episode of that at an anime club a few years ago. I take it the rest of the series is good and well worth a watch?

I'd say I need to watch more anime, but that's a lie. I have a huge list I need to watch, the problem is finding the time to do so.

(Actually, only anime I've made it a point to watch weekly these days is Dragonball Super, which I'm enjoying.)

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

I saw the first episode of that at an anime club a few years ago. I take it the rest of the series is good and well worth a watch?

I'd say I need to watch more anime, but that's a lie. I have a huge list I need to watch, the problem is finding the time to do so.

(Actually, only anime I've made it a point to watch weekly these days is Dragonball Super, which I'm enjoying.)

Yes. It's definitely worth your time. It's not even that much of your time at only 13 episodes long.

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

*cough* Submit it to Reading Excuses, then. We could use something holiday themed.

I've taken a look, it's decent. Good perspective.

Go back to the void from whence you came foul demon.

_---------------

So here I am, learning about my mothers father, and the more I hear about him, the less I can resist the thought that my grandfather is almost exactly like you @bleeder

I never thought reincarnation was a real thing

23 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Go back to the void from whence you came foul demon.

_---------------

So here I am, learning about my mothers father, and the more I hear about him, the less I can resist the thought that my grandfather is almost exactly like you @bleeder

I never thought reincarnation was a real thing

...interesting. Tell me more.

4 minutes ago, Jedal said:

What do you guys think of Panic! At the Disco?

Eh. They (or rather, he) used to make good music but now is kind of a sell-out. Death of a Bachelor is definitely not my favorite, in any way shape or form.

I've never been one for pop punk though. I'm more of an indie rock kind of guy, myself.

Edited by bleeder

Just now, bleeder said:

Eh. They (or rather, he) used to make good music but now he's kind of a sell-out. Death of a Bachelor is not my favorite, in any way.

I've never been one for pop punk though. I'm more of an indie rock kind of guy, myself.

I like both, but yeah. I'm just starting to listen to him and I like their earlier stuff more. But I think that any kind of rock is better than pop.

Just now, Deliiiiiightful said:

I keep meaning to look them up. Got a starting song or album to reccomend?

They don't tend to stick to a single sound or theme, so there's kind of a list.

"When My Time Comes" 

"That Western Skyline"

"So Well"

"Time Spent in Los Angeles"

"Most People"

"From The Right Angle"

"Things Happen"

"Now That It's Too Late, Maria" (Be careful with this one; they got carried away and the song is ten minutes long. It's beautiful and heartbreaking but time consuming.)

"Roll With The Punches"

"Roll Tide" (slight language in this one)

Actual conversation from somewhere on the Internet:

Internet Person #1: "It's a shame bronies like me are hated so much on the Internet."

Internet Person #2: "I don't hate bronies, but MLP is total $%!@. I now know that you have very low standards for entertainment."

latest?cb=20140512123110

@Jedal I like 2 of his songs (Nine in the Afternoon and Death of a Bachelor.) The other stuff . . . Meh. It's okay, I guess. I'm not going to request it, but if someone is playing it while I'm around, I won't make them turn it off. 乁(ツ)ㄏ 

I have a broad range of music that I like: from indie rock, to video game sountrack, to top 40, to classical, to songs that my dad bought that none of my friends have heard of and don't fall under any specific category. I like lots of stuff.

10 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

@Jedal I like 2 of his songs (Nine in the Afternoon and Death of a Bachelor.) The other stuff . . . Meh. It's okay, I guess. I'm not going to request it, but if someone is playing it while I'm around, I won't make them turn it off. 乁(ツ)ㄏ 

I have a broad range of music that I like: from indie rock, to video game sountrack, to top 40, to classical, to songs that my dad bought that none of my friends have heard of and don't fall under any specific category. I like lots of stuff.

I appreciate someone with a broad taste of music! Personally, one of my favorite bands which I just discovered is called Vinyl Theatre, and I found Panic! through one of their covers. If you are so inclined, these are the ones I would recommend on their page:

"Stay"

"Gold"

"Breaking Up My Bones"

Look up Unlikely Candidates too, they have some good stuff.

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

Hey @Kaymythwhy are you wearing orange hat and not a red one like the others? Is it because Mods are marked with orange color? :ph34r:

I...thought it was gold actually.  And that red would have clashed with my hair.  But you may be on to something, I'm not sure.  @bleeder actually did the photo manip that gave me a hat, because he is kind and/or bored.