What would you want to be?

Here is a question I have frequently asked myself: what ability would I want to have? Out of any book or series, I would like to know what ability you would want and why. (Note: No Mistborns, no full Feruchemical, and no people like Larcener. They're too OP, and I would like variation.) Just to be clear, here's a list:

Allomancer, (Specify which one)

Ferromancer, (Again, specify)

Hemalurgic,

Twinborn, (Specify)

Rithmatist,

Epic, (Specification)

Surgebinders,

And probably a TON more that people are going to get really mad at me for leaving out.

So, which one? Even though I am a HUGE Mistborn fan, I think, for me, it boils down to either a Rithmatist or a Surgebinder. The first because of the strategy you have to use in fighting. It is really the only power whose fighting isn't physical. I can respect that. Also, I LOVE STRATEGY GAMES.

The second because, well, the powers involve flying, walking on walls, and a ton of other cool stuff. Gravity manipulation is awesome, and it has been shown to be useful in the two novels.

I would love to hear what YOU would want to be, so please comment, and feel free to say the abilities I missed. BUT, please don't be overly critical, or critical at all, of other people's opinions. They have a right to speak too. So please, feel free to speak. I would love to hear your opinion.

don't forget 

Lancing,
Forging, 
AonDor,

DakHor,

ChayShan,

Smedry Talents,

Awakening,

Aviar-Gifting,

Fabrials,

Silimatics,

Voidbinding,

and Old Magic.

Personally, I find Awakening and Forgery the most interesting.

Hmmm... Oculator. Glasses already look cool (even if there is an Inverse-Coolness principle). 

I'll hold judgement on the Surgebinders until we see all of the Surges in action. (But I still really want a Pattern...)

don't forget 

Lancing,

Forging, 

AonDor,

DakHor,

ChayShan,

Smedry Talents,

Awakening,

Aviar-Gifting,

Fabrials,

Silimatics,

Voidbinding,

and Old Magic.

Personally, I find Awakening and Forgery the most interesting.

Derp. Right after I posted this, I remembered about Awakening and the talents. Don't recognize any others but Silimatics (Don't remember what it is, but I recognize it), but I have a ton of books left to read.

Personally I'd like Surgebinding just because it comes with an awesome fairy spren companion.

I'll hold judgement on the Surgebinders until we see all of the Surges in action. (But I still really want a Pattern...)

Lol. Same with me.

Oh, and Twinborn is an option. Just to let ya know.

I like Gravity Surgebinding. I don't think I'd make a good Windrunner, and an even worse Skybreaker, but the concept of flying by falling is cool to me.

If I was smart I'd choose one of the 'mundane' Ferring powers like storing wakefulness or memories, but on the other hand... Flying.

If we're talking Earth past events of Reckoners, I'd probably pick an Epic with power of teleportation or some sort of precognition. Otherwise, I'm torn between Awakening, which is insanely vertarsile and could be really useful, especially if I talked people on the street into giving me their Breaths, and Sparker (Mental Speed Ferring), which in my everyday life of not fighting crime would probably be more handy than more combat-oriented powers. Or better yet, Sparker/Slider Twinborn. I'd breeze through exams, job interviews and life itself like it was the easiest thing.

Edited by Rasarr

Pre-Reod (or post-book) Elantrian, obviously. (Let's pretend it will work perfectly anywhere.) No risk of the power source running out - I can keep an Aon going indefinitely. I can do pretty much whatever Lightweavers can, plus teleport, make people feel happy (I would seriously use Omi way too often), heal other people, and a million more things we don't know about. The accuracy requirement and studying needed doesn't even faze me. 

Bonus side effect: I now look super cool but can change my appearance however I want to make other people more comfortable. Plus clothes and things. Ultimate cosplayer.

(Aside: could you use Aons in a sort of programming language? Like, "if a person touches the middle of this, glow and make the wind chimes blow" or, a little more nebulously using Spiritual connection (like I know how that works. psh), "however this person expects to see me, make them see it")

On Earth: toss-up between Awakening or tin feruchemy. Either I see all the pretty colors or I can hear better (at the expense of not hearing during certain select times)...

On Scadrial: A twinborn with either Allomantic bronze and Feruchemical copper, or Allomantic steel and Feruchemical tin. Getting metal to burn won't be an issue here!

On Roshar: I'm a darkeyes. I refuse to live in a Vorin nation.

On Sel: Forgery. Changing history as an artform? Yes please.

Inside a living SE game anywhere: Worldhopping of any sort, so I can get the storms outta there.

Hard decision! I guess I'd like to be Twinborn - two powers instead of just one! :P  I would choose to be able to burn steel (it's like flying!) but as for Feruchemy, I'm not sure. Maybe zinc? Although being able to store memories would be cool, so maybe copper? I don't know. They all seem pretty cool to me. B)

• Chaos locked this topic