Could the sphere allow someone to pick up Honor, like the sphere from Secret History did for Preservation?

It's impossible, first of all I don't think the two Sphere were the same kind of tool but mostly Honor is Splintered, you can't pick up it

An idea I've entertained for a while is that much like normal spheres, which contain Stormlight, perhaps Gavilar's Black Sphere contains a counterpart to Stormlight - Voidlight? - that could be used to fuel Voidbinding.

Edited by Varangian

So from what I can tell from the Coppermind (haven't read WoK in a while), Szeth took the sphere and hid it in Jah Keved. In WoR Taravangian becomes king of Jah Keved. The long string of numbers in the Diagram ("Pattern 15") translates to "Hold the secret that broke the Knights Radiant. You may need it to destroy the new Orders when they return."

Any chance these might be connected? Or have I just been staring at the Diagram for too long?

Also, it's a black sphere (yes, thank me for pointing out the obvious). What Shardic color corresponds to black? Not Odium. That's red. No, black is Ruin's color.

Just a crazy, crazy idea.

So from what I can tell from the Coppermind (haven't read WoK in a while), Szeth took the sphere and hid it in Jah Keved. In WoR Taravangian becomes king of Jah Keved. The long string of numbers in the Diagram ("Pattern 15") translates to "Hold the secret that broke the Knights Radiant. You may need it to destroy the new Orders when they return."

Any chance these might be connected? Or have I just been staring at the Diagram for too long?

That's very interesting. I've never had much respect for the Diagram, though. Maybe I should. Perhaps it enables Voidbinding, which could be used to destroy the Orders?

Edited by Varangian

Yes, but "corrupted" could just mean a mixture of Investiture, so I am not sure how much we should read into the color. Could be something Honor and Cultivation related.

Or it may contain a mixture of H&C&O's Investiture, because if I don't remember wrong, we know from WoB that the Sphere has Odium's Investiture

• 2 weeks later...

Odium is trapped on Braize by Honor and has been for thousands of years similarily to the Well of Ascension trapping Ruin, I thought the heavily Invested Black Sphere functioned as maybe a key to his prison. I always pictured Odiums colour as Black or Red.. They usually strike me as angry or evil colours...

Odium is trapped on Braize by Honor and has been for thousands of years similarily to the Well of Ascension trapping Ruin, I thought the heavily Invested Black Sphere functioned as maybe a key to his prison. I always pictured Odiums colour as Black or Red.. They usually strike me as angry or evil colours...

Ruin was only able to be trapped because he was a perfect opposite to Preservation. There is a WoB saying that Ruin wasn't technically trapped, but was made impotent because the power of Preservation could block out whatever he did perfectly.

I don't think this could happen with Honor and Odium, not only for the reasons above, but also because Honor is splintered, and Odium definitly was not powerless or trapped during the times when Honor want splintered.

It could happen. But then, that requires that Odium's Intent is to divide and separate things, as opposed to Honor's Intent of uniting and bringing things together. It's not outside the realms of possibility; it could even be true. 

Thathe depends on how they both have interpreted the intent of their powers. The thing that gives me pause to this, however, is Brandon has said that Honor and Odium could go well together. We'lll see what happened eventually, I guess.

That's interesting, do you have the WoB quoted?

Here you go.

INTERVIEW: Feb 17th, 2016

Calamity-Seattle

QUESTION

What Shard is the opposite of Odium in the sense of the [board? Borg?]

BRANDON SANDERSON

There are several that could be considered opposite--

QUESTION

I mean in the assimilation sense, you’ve said that Odium doesn’t want to absorb any of the other ones but which one would want to?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Oh, which one would want to join with him?

QUESTION

Or any of them.

BRANDON SANDERSON

*pause* I think that *long pause/picks up after next question* I think that if personalities had been different, Honor and Odium, there would have been a very natural pairing, not that they’re opposites but they would have attracted.

TAGS

Odium, Honor, shards

Actually, reading it again, it seems more so like Brandon was implying that with diffrent vessels they could have possibly been something similar to opposites. Brandon had said before that Ruin and Preservation were attracted to each other because they are opposites. The wording, however, proves my point. Apperently the personalities of these shards have stopped this from happening.

Is there a place where we can see that? I'm just curious on the exact wording, especially since I thought black was Ruin's color.

If you go to the Oddesey Con event thread my report is on the first page. It's in there somewhere.

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2016 at 5:22 AM, ParadoxSpren said:

My idea is that the sphere is a Dawnshard, capable of binding anything, either voidish or mortal, and the reason for it's appearance is but cause it imprisons one of the Unmqwde

I was just going to make a theory that the sphere is a Dawnshard!

• Chaos locked this topic