Calamity tour reading

macros

Does anyone have audio of the stormilight reading for the calamity tour we could transcribe? He was only able to read a small portion of the chapter at the Philly signing but told us it was ok to post a transcription from another signing if we could find one. What we heard was awesome so I would really like to hear the rest

I don't recall him saying it is okay to post a transcription, but usually he asks us to refrain from sharing what we hear from these readings until after the book tour ends. I asked him a question about the reading he did after our recorder in Philly was turned off, and I'll share eventually. 

I wish he had read it all, but I understand that his voice probably needed a break. Now I just can't wait for Oathbringer to actually be published!

It was a pretty good chapter. Another interesting view of young Dalinar, and I believe we may have seen someone we haven't met yet.

That was TitanArum's question, and the answer was an unequivocal "yes".

The reading we got ended when Dalinar got back from his... stroll.

I think we got the full thing in Chicago. It was a long read. I am pretty sure I have on my recording (which I haven't shared yet), don't know if the ones already posted have it.

I have that portion (before we moved to the chair) but didn't think there was A- enough questions to warrant posting, and B- I know he usually asks to wait until after the tour to post readings...

Haha I love how cryptic we are being:

"we may have seen someone we may not have met yet"

"a question was asked to see if the person we are thinking of is the person that we are asking about"
"yes, what I am thinking is probably what we are all thinking in regards to the person that might be the person who we are all thinking of"

"the person who is the sister of that guy from the reading?"

"the very same"

"indeed"

"quite"

"a question was asked to see if the person we are thinking of is the person that we are asking about"

"yes, what I am thinking is probably what we are all thinking in regards to the person that might be the person who we are all thinking of"

"the very same"

"indeed"

"quite"

Shshsh. You're being far too obvious. :P

Edited by Kurkistan
sp

"the very same"

"indeed"

"quite"

Seems about that time, then.

Right-o.

I guess we'd better... you, know.

Yes. I guess we'd better had.

I don't recall him saying it is okay to post a transcription, but usually he asks us to refrain from sharing what we hear from these readings until after the book tour ends. I asked him a question about the reading he did after our recorder in Philly was turned off, and I'll share eventually. 

I wish he had read it all, but I understand that his voice probably needed a break. Now I just can't wait for Oathbringer to actually be published!

As far as I am aware the Shadows of Self tour was the first time he specifically asked people to not post the reading.  It sounds like he isn't saying anything about it this tour though, but I'll try and tweet Peter about it.

Edit: And it looks like he officially doesn't want videos/recordings of the reading posted until the tour is over.  Luckily it's over on Friday.

As far as I am aware the Shadows of Self tour was the first time he specifically asked people to not post the reading.  It sounds like he isn't saying anything about it this tour though, but I'll try and tweet Peter about it.

Edit: And it looks like he officially doesn't want videos/recordings of the reading posted until the tour is over.  Luckily it's over on Friday.

Could someone have those readings posted now, please? Thanks!

Could someone have those readings posted now, please? Thanks!

I believe that there is a recording of one of the readings in the Chicago signing audio provided by Volratho (sorry I'm not a tekkie so don't know how to single it out so here is the relevant thread).

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/52790-calamity-tour-chicago-naperville/page-3

But there is another reading that was different, in one of the Texas signings (in the Murder by Book, bookstore). Would love to hear that one.

Edited by Kelek's Breath

This is the same link that Esais posted above to the audio from the Chicago signing (original post and direct link). The reading starts at 30:45 and goes for 23 min.

Kelek, on 03 Mar 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:
But there is another reading that was different, in one of the Texas signings (in the Murder by Book, bookstore). Would love to hear that one.

There was just one reading. The Murder By The Book stop is why it's not the same reading as the Shadows of Self tour:

he didn't want to read the same thing for those two stops and it wouldn't be fair to give Houston and wherever else two stops in four months AND an exclusive reading, so he read the second Dalinar Flashback for ever stop on Calamity, and all the other cities should be thankful for it.

Edited by ccstat