The Official Thread of Relationships

So.... you remember the girl I asked out? Who I am definitely crushing on? 

We just got together for lunch, and spent two+ hours talking about everything. It was fantastic. One of the best, most interesting conversations I've had in ages. Talked about everything; culture, politics, religion, justice, books. Tons of stuff. We'll be meeting up again later this month (she's out of town next week and a half). 

Unfortunately, I still don't know if she's interested in me romantically or just as a friend/good conversation.

Well. Whatever happens, at least I had a fantastic convo :) 

42 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

@Erunionjust make sure that she knows you're interested in her, so the situation is clear. Take her out on a date. Make it clear its a date. Then you'll both know what you're standing on :)

But but but... that involves me being brave again! 

Which I guess I'll have to do :) 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

@Pinnacle-Ferring AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!

Basically we've known for a while that we wanted to do this. We went a couple days ago and picked out a ring (with a sapphire because Ravenclaw colours. Its really pretty!). 

So we met up in the morning and bought the ring. Then we went to see Wonder Woman (it was amazing too). So we were having a discussion about proposing over post-movie  lunch but I wanted to wear the ring already and we decided ok, lunch. So while we're walking to the cinema I get an important phone call. I put the phone down and realised he looked really nervous, so I was like, ok, he's decided to propose now.

So he says "Wasing the you in the giving of the me all of the happies and fuzzies. Ising the wanting of spending the life of the me with the you. Willing of the you of the marrying of the me?" and pulled out a white handkerchief. (Took me a minute to get the Spook reference. I have failed you all :P)

And then I said to him "Will you be my Right Hand Man?"

And he gave me the ring.

And we walked off grinning to go see Wonder Woman because #nerdlove. 

Congrats!

3 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Basically we've known for a while that we wanted to do this. We went a couple days ago and picked out a ring (with a sapphire because Ravenclaw colours. Its really pretty!). 

So we met up in the morning and bought the ring. Then we went to see Wonder Woman (it was amazing too). So we were having a discussion about proposing over post-movie  lunch but I wanted to wear the ring already and we decided ok, lunch. So while we're walking to the cinema I get an important phone call. I put the phone down and realised he looked really nervous, so I was like, ok, he's decided to propose now.

So he says "Wasing the you in the giving of the me all of the happies and fuzzies. Ising the wanting of spending the life of the me with the you. Willing of the you of the marrying of the me?" and pulled out a white handkerchief. (Took me a minute to get the Spook reference. I have failed you all :P)

And he gave me the ring.

Aaaaahhhhh

4 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

And he gave me the ring.

Ooh, points to @Pinnacle-Ferring for that proposal. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

5 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

And he gave me the ring.

That's wonderful. Pics or there's no ring.

6 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

And he gave me the ring.

Congrats! That's so cool! That is like one of the best proposals I've heard of in my entire life. I hope you two have an amazing marriage!

4 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@Delightfully Smoak and @Pinnacle-Ferring congratulations! :) I hope you'll be happy together on all three realms! :) 

Reveal hidden contents

49874538.jpg

Also, sorry, I meant to upvote you, but I accidentally downvoted you. Then I un-downvoted you, and I ran out of upvotes so I can't upvote you now.

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I wish someone would let @Brandon Sanderson know, that there is a guy that proposed to his girl using High Imperial :D 

I bet that eventually we'd get to see Hoid walking by a Scadrian cinema where a guy proposes in High Imperial.

I mean, Hoid attented the wedding of @Rubix and @firstRainbowRose.

Oh! And to keep in theme, the cinema gets raided by the Allomantic SWAT few minutes later because of the false trail the Mistborn serial killer left for them.

So, @Delightfully Smoak, @Pinnacle-Ferring - congratulations! Watch out for Allomancers!

Edited by Oversleep

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I wish someone would let @Brandon Sanderson know, that there is a guy that proposed to his girl using High Imperial :D 

1 hour ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

He might find out a little quicker if you let @PeterAhlstrom know ;)

Congratulations and (perhaps a bit redundant) Mazel Tov @Delightfully Smoak& @Pinnacle-Ferring!

So we actually want to invite Brandon, and all of you, to our wedding! It'll be in Israel, we don't have a date yet, and if you think you can practically come, message me for more info. 

And @Chaos, somebody, once we have it organised, whats the best way to get an invite to Brandon without it waiting with an assistant for a year? 

8 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

And he gave me the ring.

That's an amazing proposal, congrats!!