Bands of Mourning Chapter 5

DeadFencer

I don't think the three clips themselves will really matter (although she will probably find them). It's more likely setting up her skill as an accountant to they can come in usefull later without looking like a deus ex machina.

I don't think this will be specific to accounting. I think it's further emphasizing Steris's ability / tendency to take in every detail and think of it. Perhaps even an ability to notice differences between two things that are supposed to be the same, like maybe something written in metal vs something written on paper...

I don't think the three clips themselves will really matter (although she will probably find them). It's more likely setting up her skill as an accountant to they can come in usefull later without looking like a deus ex machina.

I imagine this is the case as well. Wax will have a "oh, it's like the missing clips!" moment and we'll have a lark.

Also, it serves a world-building purpose as well: it shows/verifies/clarifies that 100 clips are equal to one boxing.

Steris is slowly but surely growing to be my favourite character in all of everything.

She had. To interview. Prostitutes. That is simultaneously hilarious and so sad. Poor thing.

Luckily MeLaan is along and has certain advantages in explaining human physiology.

With Steris' lack of information... you say she could talk to Marasi about it, without remembering that Marasi has an awkward detector that turns her face red. Not the type to talk about things of that nature.

Well, I meant that in response to the previously stated notion that Steris had a very lonely life with nobody to talk to about anything.  That just isn't true; she and Marasi seem to have a fairly strong bond.

But no, asking Marasi about this sort of thing would not work on so many levels. 

Worst idea ever. MeLaan is like a shapeshifting Wayne, she will probably make things so embarassing Steris will kill herself.

No, the worst idea ever would be to ask VenDell to explain.

Unlike Wayne, MeLaan can be serious when the situation demands. Alsdo unlike Wayne she doesn't have anything against Steris.

I love how Wax tells her she could just ask him about sex and what will be involved. I swear, I had actually imagined she would ask a prostitute what to do before I read it. Now to see if Lord Ladrian can catch a clue.

I am on this ship and really hope we get a good view of how it wraps them both up.

Those clips have to be a clue. I like what Twelfth of snack time had to say about the set maybe bilking everyone of just a little to get a lot.

With every new chapter there's the feeling Mistborn 1,5 is written to get this child/children for Mistborn 2.

Steris and Wax have different interests, but both are the "Sherlock Holmes"-types - they want to know the answer to each little question, that isn't explained.

With Steris Wax is free for his "hobbies" without ruining his House, because this is what Steris is interested in.

Oh my - I seldom ship a couple, but this one is nearly perfect....so cute, so awkward...

You know how people make a hoop with their thumb and index finger on one hand and thrust their other hand's index finger inside the hoop? Yeah, that's how I'd imagine MeLaan explaining it. Except, instead of hands...

You know, MeLaan could probably demonstrate fully.