I don't necessarily think Orlok is evil (wait a sec, of course I do :P), because he's expressed to me personally multiple times that he's trying to change up his playstyle. That said, I still don't like these votes on Venture. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is not something outside of the ordinary for him. Last game, he was lynched because of doing this exact thing. Voting and then leaving without an explanation. I expect that if we leave it alone, he'll be killed by Perseus soon enough.

Kipper and Orlok are Reckoners. Confirmed.

...we have a heckle, ladies and gentlemen. You know what, I'll just ignore the sheer level of verve it takes to write crem like this, and we'll go straight to the insults. Ada, I challenge you to an insult battle. We'll start off simple (and because it's you, we'll probably stay simple for the rest of the game).

Ada, I hate to say this, but your IQ involves the square root of -1. You make less sense than a white basketball player. :P

Is that all you've got? Krippe, please.

Your doctor just called with the results of your colonoscopy and asked me to pass on the good news. They finally found where your head has been hiding.

On a serious note, how about you? What players are you most suspicious of as of right now?

Well, this early on in the game, I don't really think that I can actually form any suspicions. I know that this section of the game is about gaining information, but my information gathering skills are pretty low-quality. It would probably be for the best for me if I just observed and made assumptions and judgements off of that. Plus, I haven't been the best judge of character in the past. I think (at least from the one other game that I have played) that I can be of more use in late game, mostly because of the amount of effort it takes me to get a solid case against someone. If I have to, then I will accuse someone, but they are probably going to be active because I have reasons, albeit small and probably wrong reasons, to distrust them.

But If you want my opinion, then Elbereth because I don't know what to make of his comment about being an epic. It may just be a joke or it may be a comment about her admiration of the reckoners or it may be a diversion or she may just be bad at being a reckoner or it may be something that is way over my head. Other than that, I don't know.

It's never too early to form suspicions, just too early to substantiate them. Don't worry though. I understand where you're coming from and I mostly agree. As for Elbereth, I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt right now, since she's claimed to be playing the game the same way her character would. I could see her making a comment like that regardless of what her alignment was, and thus don't think much of it. I do hope she'll find a way to say the things she wants to, though.

EDIT: I see you, Silver Dragon. I agree with Ripple that your vote seems off. Do you have an explanation for why you chose Rae to "provoke discussion" and not someone else? Also who are you most suspicious of so far?

Edited by Adavantos

Kipper and Orlok are Reckoners. Confirmed.

Is that all you've got? Krippe, please.

Your doctor just called with the results of your colonoscopy and asked me to pass on the good news. They finally found where your head has been hiding.

Sweetie, that's not this works. That's not how any of this works. Just...save your breath, Ada. You'll need it to blow up your date.

I'm minorly suspicious of Elbereth. I've never been fully comfortable with his whole RP thing. It seems like a good way to post virtually nothing, and then comment about how he's posted nothing in blue text by describing what his character is like. Not enough really to put a vote on him, but a niggling issue nonetheless.

Anamaximder, this marks a significant change from your usual play style - why the difference?

I did think that Anna-who-sa-whatsit's style was very different than normal, and find that very suspicious, so to "get this game started," Anamaximder.

Looking back over a few previous SE's, Anamaximder didn't post in the first day. This time, Anamaximder posted once and then went inactive. Significant change? Very different? Not really. I feel like either BB or Orlok is grabbing onto something to try and start a bandwagon. And I'm gonna go with BB, because it seems like he just voted for the exact same reasons as Orlok, without actually confirming for himself.

Whoa there Hellscythe. Almost sounds like you are trying to kill Anamax right there. Your reasoning is lacking in reason. You don't like his playstyle? It seems to me like you want him dead. We know that he probably won't reply if his previous games suggest anything, so was that out just an attempt to shrug off some suspicion by giving him a chance that you don't think he'll take?

I'm minorly suspicious of Elbereth. I've never been fully comfortable with his whole RP thing. It seems like a good way to post virtually nothing, and then comment about how he's posted nothing in blue text by describing what his character is like. Not enough really to put a vote on him, but a niggling issue nonetheless.

And I'm minorly suspicious of Kipper. I've never been fully comfortable with his whole insult thing. It seems like a good way to fill posts without actually contributing much. Not really enough to put a vote on him, but a niggling issue nonethless.

tldr: Quit hypocriticizing, Kipper.

Sweetie, that's not this works. That's not how any of this works. Just...save your breath, Ada. You'll need it to blow up your date.

Wow, that was a good one. Verrrrry mature. I'd ask you how old you are, but I already know you can't count that high.

Arranae thank you.

Venture Mistborn if you plan on coming back before the end of the cycle I'll take my vote off but I'm not fond of your 1 post / 3 cycle play style.

Anamaximder. If you don't bother to explain your votes, I don't see why you vote. Inactivity won't help any of us in this game.

Okay, so, here's what I don't understand. I want Venture/Anamax to become more active as much as the next guy. But obviously putting him up for the lynch hasn't had much of an impact on him in any of these games so far, and I don't think killing him early every game is really going to encourage him to interact with us more. Plus, if it turns out he is a Reckoner, does killing him really benefit us much? While I'm aware there's a chance he could have a really useful ability for his team which might make it ideal that we do, I personally think that there are better targets for us to take out first. Instead of us tunneling on a player whose impact on the course of these games is minimal due to frequent inactivity, I honestly believe that players like myself who are active enough to sway votes and manipulate players should be pursued before players like him, especially when there's no real evidence against him. Does that make sense, or am I speaking tongues?

Disclaimer: I am not defending Venture. I have no reason to believe he's good or evil, currently. I just feel that he's a poor choice for a C1 lynch, where as other players have actually done things that are atypical of them or can be considered suspicious.

Bout to go out for some refreshments again. As a result, this will likely be my last post this cycle. Will probably be online to respond to whatever happens around the same time I put up my first post today. 

Edited by Adavantos

And I'm minorly suspicious of Kipper. I've never been fully comfortable with his whole insult thing. It seems like a good way to fill posts without actually contributing much. Not really enough to put a vote on him, but a niggling issue nonethless.

tldr: Quit hypocriticizing, Kipper.

Says Paranoid King as he makes a filler post criticizing me for making a filler post...yo dawg there should be a meme about this.

PK, we could go on and on about what filler is, etc., but ultimately, it's D1, I don't have anything of strategic value to say, there's been no grand revelations, so I'm having fun. Plus, I directly responded to a request by someone to express my suspicions. How is that filler?

Wow, that was a good one. Verrrrry mature. I'd ask you how old you are, but I already know you can't count that high.

Okay, so, here's what I don't understand. I want Venture/Anamax to become more active as much as the next guy. But obviously putting him up for the lynch hasn't had much of an impact on him in any of these games so far, and I don't think killing him early every game is really going to encourage him to interact with us more. Plus, if it turns out he is a Reckoner, does killing him really benefit us much? While I'm aware there's a chance he could have a really useful ability for his team which might make it ideal that we do, I personally think that there are better targets for us to take out first. Instead of us tunneling on a player whose impact on the course of these games is minimal due to frequent inactivity, I honestly believe that players like myself who are active enough to sway votes and manipulate players should be pursued before players like him, especially when there's no real evidence against him. Does that make sense, or am I speaking tongues?

Disclaimer: I am not defending Venture. I have no reason to believe he's good or evil, currently. I just feel that he's a poor choice for a C1 lynch, where as other players have actually done things that are atypical of them or can be considered suspicious.

...Ada, you do realize that that insult is meant to be used for an old person, right? If you want to be a smartchull, you have to be smart first. Otherwise you're just a chull.

And I basically agree with all that about Venture. I don't like this bandwagon at all, especially HS's vote, after multiple people suggested that we shouldn't lynch him because it's normal.

Edit: Sorry, I meant Maill. He's experienced enough to know Venture's style better.

Edited by Kipper

Lopen

I don't really know anyone's play styles since I'm p new to SE so I'm not going to blindly follow someone else's opinions and place my vote on someone who might just be trying to play from a different angle. Once I get my own suspicions I'll definitely be voting, but as of right now I got nothin'.

"Lo, Woman," A man dressed in white shouted. "Pardon my interruption, but I've come to kill you, you see. I do hope you don't mind; not that you really have any say in the matter."

Renee stared at the man. Just who exactly was this person? He was obviously deranged, but he had wings of some type -- he must be an Epic. Or one of those mortals known as Reckoners that were so ill-equipped to handle the awesomeness of an Epic that they were driven insane. Like that Star-Rogue or whatever who’d claimed that Renee must be a mortal.

“Are you sure you haven’t escaped from a mental ward?” she yelled. “Perseus’s doctors will be able to take care of you, as long as you don’t mind swearing fealty to him.” Renee stepped off of the balcony railing. “Come, I can show you the way to Perseus’s hospital.”

-----

I think the whole Anamaxinder thing was pretty sudden, but I don't know his playstyle enough to judge. However, this reminds me of the Shallan thing in LG15b where an eliminator jumped onto an infrequent poster. For that, I'm voting for Orlok.

Adavantos, sorry for joining in with the insults, but you decided to start this grudge.

And I've been ninja'd. Humph. :ph34r:

EDIT: color

Edited by Arraenae

I voted for Anamaximder because I have seen his previous playstyle, and this is not it. It is drastically different from what he has done before, and a drastic change in playstyle for no apparent reason is a good reason for me to vote, when otherwise I have no suspicions. Besides Kipper. But I do have a legitimate reason for voting on Anna.

I don't think we should waste a lynch on anyone who is inactive, as Perseus will take care of that for us.

How about an adorable owl?

tumblr_mdjo82gyqi1rghyb0o1_500.jpg

"Awwwww, that is adorable. Now I just need to think of a name for.....him? Her? I guess I could just say it? I hope it's not too out of the ordinary to own an owl........ It's perfectly normal, right? Yeah, who wouldn't want their own owl?" Tyler scoffed at the idea that someone wouldn't want an owl. "They kill snakes and rodents and things, and they can make their heads all upside-down and stuff. Totally useful and cool. You'd have to be crazy not to want one. A complete weirdo, right?" He chuckled. "I don't know how to take care of an owl, but how hard could it be? A guy like me should have no trouble with an easy task like that. Thanks Ripple!" Tyler said as he walked away with the owl, holding it about as far away from himself as he possibly could.

Also agreed. The inactivity filter will allow our kill roles to focus more on suspicions rather than inactives. (Just to be clear, I don't count lurkers as inactives.)

I'm still thinking about where to put my vote. The lynch on Animaximder doesn't really make sense to me. Whenever people vote on him, it makes me suspicious. It seems like an easy place to drop your vote and then not participate about much else. So I'm definitely looking at those who have voted for him.

Edit: ninja'd. I don't think his vote on me is drastically different from his usual playstyle. What exactly do you mean BB? (Also, calling him Anna is kinda funny. He's a guy I believe. :P )

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Just so everyone knows this before we lynch Animaximder, here's a link from the AG.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/51276-anniversary-game-2-return-of-the-koloss/?p=378545

...where he did literally the exact same thing this game and got lynched for it. So it's a bit hard for me to understand why people are saying, "This vote is unusual," or "this isn't his playstyle," when he did literally the same exact thing in the most recent game. He was lynched and turned out to be good.

Bridge Boy, why do you suspect me?

Edit: This didn't get approved until after Kynedath and Paranoid King posted.

Edited by Kipper

Ok so if I am reading this situation correctly, then we all want to kill Anamax because he posted and voted once at the beginning of this cycle and hasn't since. Well so has Araris and I don't see anybody going after him. If nothing else, then Anamax has the excuse of wanting to create a sort of discussion. From my limited experience, this is nothing new for him. Araris on the other hand, has absolutely no reason for his single vote on Ada. I am not saying that Araris is evil, I am saying that this vote train has no logical reason visible to me to be voting for Anamax. Please explain to me your reasoning.

Cycle is over!

Cycle 2 will be in posted ~5-10 minutes.

(I'll count your vote for PK today, Arraenae, but try to green them out in the future)

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Edited by phattemer

Cycle Two: Ad Anamaxindam

With the court having been gathered, Perseus went to the rostrum and began his oration.

"I am afflicted with the greatest sorrow that some of you, who are, though in disguise, members of the Reckoners, are plotting to kill me and everything we have worked towards. Now, do any of you have an inkling who has purported this vile- nay, this monstrous crime?"

Anamaximder raised his hand. Perseus frowned. Wasn't that the new recruit who could turn wood into metal? A useful power, to be sure, but it didn't exactly go with his strange connections. Even though he had only arrived days before, everyone seemed to like Anamax, ad he was affectionately known.

"Yes, you in the back?"

"Well, Lord Perseus, I believe that someone has to throw the first stone, and since everyone else seems unwilling, I decided to  do it myself. I'd like to hear what Tyler has to say about all this." Tyler, shocked, sat down in surprise.

Sam Charleston stepped forward.

"I don't think anyone here should be accusing people without some proof. Seems like the sort of thing a Reckoner would do." Locke and Avi Exseus jumped up at the same time. Glaring at each other, they both said

"I agree!" and sat down. Maren Noles was the next to make a point.

"I also don't think we should condone baseless accusations." Anamax seems distraught at all this attention for such a small statement. He decided to step up and illuminate the situation.

"Guys, the person I meant to accuse was him", he said, pointing to Lopen. "There's no question about it- that man is a Reckoner." Perseus blinked in confusion. Was that a confession? It certainly couldn't be anything else, since he was pointing to himself.

"Guards! Take him away!"

Following the... removal... of the misguided minion, all the Epics went back to their apartments. A shadowy figure didn't go to their own, however. They were following someone else, also obscured. As their target went inside, the figure went out the window of the corridor, along the wall, and into the window of the room.

Excellent... their target was facing away. They could have done the job either way but this was less messy. They pulled a knife and threw it into the back of the target's head, immediately backflipping out the window.

The target lay on the floor, unmoving. Then they stood up. They yanked the knife from their head with an annoyed grunt, and began to examine it. Just a simple 6" blade, with a standard handle. The handle was covered in powdered chalk to give a better grip, and the blade was now slick with blood. Nothing special to see. They tossed down and went to sleep.

A second figure didn't go where they were supposed to. This one, however, seemed to have more of a purpose. They had waited until everyone was asleep, so that their mission would be unobstructed. They strode across the lawn to a small outhouse. Fancy. They surreptitiously went around the house, putting something on it every few feet. Finally, they walked a safe distance away, and set off the explosives. The house was utterly demolished, but in their rush to get back to their dwelling they didn't notice the bleary-eyed figure sitting in the middle of a crater.

Anamaximder was lynched!
He was an Epic, with the powers of Transmogrification and Enhanced Relationships!
Someone was attacked, but survived!
Someone was attacked, but survived!

Vote Tally:

Anamaximder: 5; Bridge Boy, Orlok, Hellscythe, Anamaximder, Mailliw
Paranoid King: 1; Arraenae
Adavantos: 1; Araris Valerian
Elkanah: 1; Elbereth
Orlok: 3; Paranoid King, Adavantos

The following are things the spectators get to do. They have no impact on the game.
Kipper was saved from boredom by Honor!
Adavantos received a potted belladonna plant from Cultivation!

Cycle Two will end at 6 PM EST on Sunday, January 16th.

Current Player List

1. Adavantos(Mike Durbin)
2. Mailliw73(Maren Noles)
3. Kynedath(Graye Pierce)
4. Paranoid King(Mac)
5. Hellscythe(Avi Exseus)
6. Elbereth(Ereth)
7. Arraenae(Reneé)
8. RippleGylf(Ripple)
9. Elkanah(Ken)
10. Kipper(Kipper)
11. Araris Valerian(Andrew)
12. Bridge Boy(Sam Charleston)
13. Anamximder(Emo Ren) Epic, Transmogrification, Enhanced Relationships
14. Clanky(Lanky)
15. TheMightyLopen(Tyler)
16. TheSilverDragon(Star Thief)
17. QueenSteph(Steph)
18. OrlokTsubodai(Locke)

All PMs should have been sent.

Latest clarification: you are notified if you survive an attack, but not if you are protected from one.

Edited by Alvron