Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

26 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I spoke to my manager and marked him in the system so I never have to talk to him again. I'm still convincing myself that I'm safe and he can't find me. two more calls till I can go home and hide under the covers O_o. 

This wasn't creepy flirting. I'm teaching English. He says 

"what's it called if I want to have sex with you and you say no and I force you to make love to me"

"rape"

"what"

".....rape"

followed by "what's it called if I say [forcefully] 'you are a bad girl!' and I repeat it until you believe it"

Are your calls recorded? 

I'm so sorry you had to go through a conversion like that :( *hugs*

40 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

*hugs

Ah yes...paranoia and brain weasels...

Read some comics.

what the hell...that is very messed up.

I mean in this case it's a much more reasonable self defence instinct than your usual brain weasels. Te bastards gone and triggered my anxiety and like hell he gets that power over me. Not sure if I'm more scared or angry right now. 

40 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You'll be fine. :) All he knows about you is that you are female and you answer phones. That's it. If he does escalate this, which probably isn't likely, you'll have a record stating that he's a creep and the police should protect you from him. 

Edit: Just saw the edit. :blink: Yeah, the law will definitely be on your side on this one. 

He knows my first name because of feedback emails. But no way in hell anyone at work will divulge names of employees, if he was even specifically targeting me, which I doubt. 

18 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Are your calls recorded? 

I'm so sorry you had to go through a conversion like that :( *hugs*

They're not. 

*hugs*

*cries*

2 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I mean in this case it's a much more reasonable self defence instinct than your usual brain weasels. Te bastards gone and triggered my anxiety and like hell he gets that power over me. Not sure if I'm more scared or angry right now. 

He knows my first name because of feedback emails. But no way in hell anyone at work will divulge names of employees, if he was even specifically targeting me, which I doubt. 

They're not. 

*hugs*

*cries*

I find myself saying this more and more, at least crying is therapeutic.

5 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

And......I told my parents for the emotional support and now I'm explaining to my father that no that wasn't just an English question. Rnwkdkakwgebwjeiwkbwjwjq. I love him. He can be a little clueless. 

I hope the next time that creeper tries this, the woman on the phone can answer his questions with "I'm not sure, but I can teach you the words for 'I'm an undercover cop and you're going to prison.'" :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

And......I told my parents for the emotional support and now I'm explaining to my father that no that wasn't just an English question. Rnwkdkakwgebwjeiwkbwjwjq. I love him. He can be a little clueless. 

I'm sorry you had to deal with cluelessness on top of an all ready messed up situation. Have a rare Orlion Internet Hug.

14 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

I'm sorry you had to deal with cluelessness on top of an all ready messed up situation. Have a rare Orlion Internet Hug.

D'awww thanks man :)  

currently dealing via choc wafers and roommates whisky. Cannot vouch for the healthiness but it seems to be working. 

10 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Good. Escalate this and don't settle for some pat answer. Get these cremholes in trouble. 

Also, why are YOU being singled out when it comes to hanging out with people younger than you? Did they give you an answer?

I have no idea! It's so unfair!

12 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

I just hope you'll be able to pull through this.

Edit: Newcago Court is now giving away free hugs :)

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

11 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Find out why. Point out the disparity. Get an adult on your side, if you can. Teachers and staff can be even bigger bullies than students. Hold them accountable. 

I had a meeting about two weeks ago with my parents. They claimed I was being inappropriate with them, even though they have no freaking proof. They want me to 'make connections with my own year group' BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE CONNECTIONS IF NO ONE LIKES ME :unsure::angry:

The other day I was sitting with the 7th graders because my year was nagging non stop about me not going to this stupid party. The principal sees me with my friends, comes up to me and says "Go away, Jess, you're not allowed to hang with these kids. Go away!" I ran away in tears and my 7th grade friends rang up to me. 

The school was like: "Why do you only wanna hang out with 7th grade, go to 11th graders and hang out with them, or 10th graders?"

My brother is in 7th grade and I don't hang with him, I hang with the girls. Then they have the NERVE to say, "What if you start talking about sex or self harm with them? What if your brother wakes up one morning and says 'I don't want you hanging with my year group." My brother would NEVER say that. He only wants me to be happy. I recorded my brother and asked him if he cares. He looks up from his laptop, looks me in the eyes and says one word: "No."

the 7th grade girls called me over in my free period. The 7th graders want to be with me, and the stupid school is standing in the way. Storms, I'm so pissed. They're just a bunch of chull dung. :angry:

Sorry for rant. :/

1 minute ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I had a meeting about two weeks ago with my parents. They claimed I was being inappropriate with them, even though they have no freaking proof. They want me to 'make connections with my own year group' BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE CONNECTIONS IF NO ONE LIKES ME :unsure::angry:

They were like: "Why do you only wanna hang out with 7th grade, go to 11th graders and hang out with them, or 10th graders?"

My brother is in 7th grade and I don't hang with him, I hang with the girls. Then they have the NERVE to say, "What if you start talking about sex or self harm with them? What if your brother wakes up one morning and says 'I don't want you hanging with my year group." My brother would NEVER say that. He only wants me to be happy. I recorded my brother and asked him if he cares. He looks up from his laptop, looks me in the eyes and says one word: "No."

the 7th grade girls called me over in my free period. They want to be my friend, and the stupid school is standing in the way. Storms, I'm so pissed. They're just a bunch of chull dung. :angry:

So what about the other students who hang with a younger crowd? Why isn't the school freaking out over them? Can you make a case that they're showing favoritism?

And also, I'm sorry your parents are being judgmental and obstructive. I know how that feels, and it really can screw up your social life. :unsure: 

Also also, "What if you start talking about sex or self harm with them"? What the storms?? So now you can't have friends because you hold the forbidden knowledge of adult activities and depression? When I was 14, one of my bullies got pregnant. She was my age. Kids aren't so innocent that they don't download knowledge of procreation until they're 16. Life just doesn't work that way. 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So what about the other students who hang with a younger crowd? Why isn't the school freaking out over them? Can you make a case that they're showing favoritism?

And also, I'm sorry your parents are being judgmental and obstructive. I know how that feels, and it really can screw up your social life. :unsure: 

Also also, "What if you start talking about sex or self harm with them"? What the storms?? So now you can't have friends because you hold the forbidden knowledge of adult activities and depression? When I was 14, one of my bullies got pregnant. She was my age. Kids aren't so innocent that they don't download knowledge of procreation until they're 16. Life just doesn't work that way. 

I have photographic evidence of 12th graders having with 7th graders. I'm in fear they would expel me. I live in fear at this school. If I get expelled during HSC I won't be able to live. i nearly threw myself down the stairs yesterday. I just didn't want to live. I haven't attempted suicide since April 18th 2016. 

My parents are saying to ignore it. It's killing me from the inside out. The school psychologist was making those comments. She's dumb as a doornail. 

1 minute ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I have photographic evidence of 12th graders having with 7th graders. I'm in fear they would expel me. I live in fear at this school. If I get expelled during HSC I won't be able to live. i nearly threw myself down the stairs yesterday. I just didn't want to live. I haven't attempted suicide since April 18th 2016. 

My parents are saying to ignore it. It's killing me from the inside out. The school psychologist was making those comments. She's dumb as a doornail. 

Would they expel you for the photographic evidence, or for hanging with seventh years? 

I'm thinking I might have to give you my "Keep On Living" playlist. :ph34r: 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Would they expel you for the photographic evidence, or for hanging with seventh years? 

I'm thinking I might have to give you my "Keep On Living" playlist. :ph34r: 

They would probably say some crap like "You photographed them without their consent!" Probably for both tbh, I hate my life. 

Thank you

29 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

The other day I was sitting with the 7th graders because my year was nagging non stop about me not going to this stupid party. The principal sees me with my friends, comes up to me and says "Go away, Jess, you're not allowed to hang with these kids. Go away!" I ran away in tears and my 7th grade friends rang up to me. 

The school was like: "Why do you only wanna hang out with 7th grade, go to 11th graders and hang out with them, or 10th graders?"

the 7th grade girls called me over in my free period. The 7th graders want to be with me, and the stupid school is standing in the way. Storms, I'm so pissed. They're just a bunch of chull dung. :angry:

Ranting is good, it's catharsis.

Your principal...I wanna strangle him.

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Six months isn't so long, in the grand scheme of things. It feels like it, but just take it one day at a time. Push yourself to keep going for one more day, and then another, and graduation will be there before you know it. :)

Aye. never give up, never give in. I have a friend who gave up...it took a miracle for him to get back on his feet.

Day is getting worse. It's gonna be another one of those days again. 

Just got an assignment back and the teacher checked it and said it was right beforehand, and when I got it back, it was WRONG! He claims he was only ‘checking you were doing the right thing, not doing your work for you”

Crud. It’s gonna be another one of those days again. I hate life.

2_(127).gif

2 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Day is getting worse. It's gonna be another one of those days again. 

Just got an assignment back and the teacher checked it and said it was right beforehand, and when I got it back, it was WRONG! He claims he was only ‘checking you were doing the right thing, not doing your work for you”

Crud. It’s gonna be another one of those days again. I hate life.

Teachers can be chulls. Back in 10th grade, one of my teachers regularly spent the first 15 minutes or so of class staring into space or flirting with the girls in the class. On occasion he would actually be doing something constructive by going over materials with one of the other teachers, but that sort of thing belongs in prep periods, not my time.

Then one time I had just come back from a trip and had gotten almost no sleep, so in that class, without thinking about it, I just asked "can we start class now," and he started yelling at me and called me out to the hall. I was sitting there like what the hell, and the only thought I had was how to get out of a 'citizenship' reduction that could cost me money/time and go on record. If I had a knife at the time, I would have stabbed him, even though that is a legitimate crime, unlike calling him out.

I got out of it by pleading crankiness from the late flight, even though I was really just a little drowsy, so things like this can work out if you find the right excuse ;)

On the other hand, two of my top three people in life are teachers. They gave me more motivation to do stuff with my life and expanded my horizons on what I can even do with my life so much that I don't think I'll ever be able to repay them, though I did promise the best one that I'd get him his dream car if I ever end up rich, and intend to keep that promise :D

To actually respond to your situation, could you maybe see the teacher after class and ask that in the future the teacher just let you know if you did it right or not. Emphasize that you don't want him to do the work, since you want to learn the content well. Just say that you want to work it out yourself, but you want to make sure you get the points. In my experience, teachers eat stuff like that up (especially if it's true). Play off their sense of pride in their work, or sheer laziness, depending on the teacher. They are actually really easy to manipulate, most of the time. (sorry if there are any teachers on this thread, but it's kinda true) It's how I managed to pass my classes with minimal effort since I was so deep in depression I literally couldn't start doing homework. My mind just deflected from it every time I considered it-- the ultimate in procrastination. I just got the teachers to all love me and give me special treatment. People tell me it doesn't work in college, but so far it's working great, though the year I took off of school and anti-depressants are helping me actually get work done, so it isn't as necessary. Though not really the meds yet, since those started about a week ago.

And now for a rant about my life now... I lost my job last month, and can't work up the motivation to get another one. The fact that I don't really buy things because my parents are borderline hoarders means that I have enough savings to last me a long time, at least 8 months with my current expenses, makes it worse. Add this to the fact that I am waaay behind in the coursework for my online CS class, and am in a vicious cycle where I can't start working on it because the amount I have to do is getting to be truly daunting, so I just ignore it and it gets bigger.

The unemployment problem is exacerbated by the fact that I don't have much in the way of marketable skills, just a year of exp dialing surveys for a call center, and then six months on their QA team. I really don't want to do some dead end crap like that again, but I don't have the skills to do something else that I know of. I sucked too hard in high school to be able to get enough scholarships to get me through college without some income, though, and doing the whole 'college life' thing holds no interest for me. I can experience it through other people's accounts, thank you. If anyone has suggestions on something I can DO, that would be appreciated. I am just kind of emotionally dead at this point. I have apparently developed a skill to turn off all emotion when I want to. Something makes me uncomfortable? Nope. Not any more. I know it's not healthy, but it is such a useful defense mechanism, I think I'll keep it around, just in case I end up in a life or death situation when a calm mind will benefit me greatly, but I wanna know what you folks think. [/rant]

Edit: also, one of my new favorite bands got removed from Spotify, but I don't know why :(

Edited by Djarskublar

Slightly awkward digital hugs all round.

puppy-pile-monday-ftr.jpg

@Djarskublar I've tried the emotion suppression thing and I don't recommend it. Control can be good, suppression not so much. By control I mean more: accept the emotion, recognise it, understand the reason you feel that way and then distance yourself from it if you decide it's unhelpful. Simply bottling it up works for a time but doesn't end well in the long run.

Do you have any personal projects you're working on or that you would like to do? Be that designing a game, writing a book, making something crafty, drawing a comic, etc. Something with a specific goal and measurable progress. Even when work and all is going well I find creative outlets like that essential.