Guilty Pleasures

Jondesu

Apologies if this has been done, but I checked and couldn't find anything.

What are ya'lls guilty pleasures, big or small?

My recent one has been getting nuggets and ice cream from Chick-Fil-A, then shaking the little crispy bits from the nuggets out on top of the ice cream as a delicious crunchy topping.

jW

Enjoying the romances in teen girl novels that are written in ways to attract males.

Case in point; I'm currently reading the Lunar Chronicles. For those that don't know, it's a series which distorts fairy tales into a future sci-fi world (not dystopian!). The sci-fi is what drew me in, super cool. But I d'awww all the time.

Enjoying the romances in teen girl novels that are written in ways to attract males.

Case in point; I'm currently reading the Lunar Chronicles. For those that don't know, it's a series which distorts fairy tales into a future sci-fi world (not dystopian!). The sci-fi is what drew me in, super cool. But I d'awww all the time.

I know, that series was both epic and adorable. :wub:

Does it count as reading late into the night if it is daytime again when you stop? I practically didn't put Words of Radiance down the entire weekend after it came out. bought it friday night, finished it sunday morning. guess I don't actually feel very guilty about that

that said, actual guilty pleasure: pretty much anything that is clearly intended for a younger audience than me. basically i alwaysfeel a bit guilty is I sit down to watch, say, gravity falls, or Justice League cartoons, or replay video games that I used to play in grade school (e.g. pokemon)

Does it count as reading late into the night if it is daytime again when you stop? I practically didn't put Words of Radiance down the entire weekend after it came out. bought it friday night, finished it sunday morning. guess I don't actually feel very guilty about that

that said, actual guilty pleasure: pretty much anything that is clearly intended for a younger audience than me. basically i alwaysfeel a bit guilty is I sit down to watch, say, gravity falls, or Justice League cartoons, or replay video games that I used to play in grade school (e.g. pokemon)

Gravity Falls is a work of ART and no one should have to feel guilty for watching it. :ph34r: 

Also, I don't think it was necessarily intended for kids, not exclusively anyway. There are so many jokes that'd go right over a kid's head (seriously, so. many. jokes.) the mystery element is pretty sophisticated, and most of the fears and Aesops incorporated into the episodes are arguably more terrifying for adults than for kids. (Case in point: "The Hand that Rocks the Mabel" and its handling of stalking. Scary to a kid, but an adult who's seen that up close and personal will probably find it even more disturbing.) 

So yeah. Don't feel guilty over watching Gravity Falls. :) 

Gravity Falls is a work of ART and no one should have to feel guilty for watching it. :ph34r: 

Also, I don't think it was necessarily intended for kids, not exclusively anyway. There are so many jokes that'd go right over a kid's head (seriously, so. many. jokes.) the mystery element is pretty sophisticated, and most of the fears and Aesops incorporated into the episodes are arguably more terrifying for adults than for kids. (Case in point: "The Hand that Rocks the Mabel" and its handling of stalking. Scary to a kid, but an adult who's seen that up close and personal will probably find it even more disturbing.) 

So yeah. Don't feel guilty over watching Gravity Falls.  :)

oh yeah, it is great. I turned on the tv one sunday afternoon a couple months back, saw it was on, and figured I'd give it a try, since I'd heard good things about it. Turns out they were running a marathon of pretty much the whole second season (at least), and I ended up watching 10 or 11 episodes in a row

all I'm saying is that I'll occasionally sit back and think to myself that it's a bit weird for me to be watching it (or anything else intended for younger viewers/readers/players/etc) given that it is intended for people less than half my age. usually these feelings subside pretty quickly

Basically any time I watch anime. I tend to keep it on the down under because people consider it Sooo nerdy( like the painfully socially awkward gross stereotype) which I'm nothing like. I watch anime rather sparingly, and I don't obsess about it very often any more. It's really kind of annoying, because I feel guilty about watching very deep meaningful shows while hearing people getting excited about GoT or Walking Dead, and I don't get how they don't get the hypocrisy.

Rant over

Basically any time I watch anime. I tend to keep it on the down under because people consider it Sooo nerdy( like the painfully socially awkward gross stereotype) which I'm nothing like. I watch anime rather sparingly, and I don't obsess about it very often any more. It's really kind of annoying, because I feel guilty about watching very deep meaningful shows while hearing people getting excited about GoT or Walking Dead, and I don't get how they don't get the hypocrisy.

Rant over

It's the stigma of cartoons. If it's not a kid show, or only meant for comedy, it's not socially acceptable in 'Murica.