Random Stuff III

Very Ravenclaw. I approve.

Is it a true baritone or a euphonium? (I just like the word 'euphonium'.)

It's a baritone, though euphonium is very fun to say. Sort of like 'flugelhorn.' It sounds like something I'd make up when feeling especially weird. :P

I'm off travelling in 5 days...and I'm more concerned about this kink in my neck that happened the other day that really needs a deep tissue massage (or some deep heat). Priorities, on another note, I have nearly all of Brandon's Cosmere books on my Fire tablet so my reading list is set for a while till Bands of Mourning. On another note, I'm hungry for Brownies :( and I'm excited to dress up for Halloween

Edited by ParadoxSpren

All you blow instruments people...

I want a chapman stick, and an electric violin and an electric sitar and a shamisen and one of those really cool organ guitars from the sixties and a fretless guitar and a fretless chapman stick (Why would I do that to myself? XD)

Though most of all I want a black Les Paul custom and an Orange amp and it may just be because it sounds awesome when Wata in Boris plays it, want. 

And then I want some microtonal instruments, because why not?

I have three instruments to practice now. Yeesh. Piano, trumpet and now baritone (his name is Barry).

Also, I wouldn't play a woodwind because I have a trumpet and it's silver. Silver trumpets are the best.  :lol: I ain't biased at all.

Middle school band, I was the brass section. Kinda depressing. We had two clarinets (sometimes), up to three saxes, and me.

A lot of girls choose flute to play because they believe it's a shy, quiet instrument.  I was the flute player with the heart of a diva.  I wanted to be heard!

Naturally, I got pegged to pick up oboe when I hit 8th grade.  Because of all of the instruments, oboe is the one that will not be silenced.

Why would you play woodwind when you can play strings? ;)

why play strings when you can do marching band

Edit: but for real though, I love the flute but I dispise 90% of the flute players I've ever known. Maybe that's just my school. But for some reason that instrument attracts the most cliquiest, obnoxious, "privileged" people than any of the other sections.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

I have three instruments to practice now. Yeesh. Piano, trumpet and now baritone (his name is Barry).

Also, I wouldn't play a woodwind because I have a trumpet and it's silver. Silver trumpets are the best.  :lol: I ain't biased at all.

Middle school band, I was the brass section. Kinda depressing. We had two clarinets (sometimes), up to three saxes, and me.

Why have a silver trumpet when you can have a silver flute?  :D

Edit: but for real though, I love the flute but I dispise 90% of the flute players I've ever known. Maybe that's just my school. But for some reason that instrument attracts the most cliquiest, obnoxious, "privileged" people than any of the other sections.

It is true that a lot of flute players are divas, and that kind of puts me out of place, unfortunately.

I think it's because a lot of the cliquey obnoxious people are the ones who refuse to play anything other than flute or clarinet because those are the "girl" instruments.  <_< Don't get me wrong- I love flute, it's beautiful. But some people... *shakes head*

I've been in choir for a while. Choir takes itself a bit too seriously for my liking. Everyone is so... serious. It's so different from the band banter I'm used to.

And Ripple, it's because I is brass person. :P

Edited by Mistrunner

Honestly, choir sounds kinda fun. Only problem? My social anxiety is such that I can't audition solo. At all. Eek.

Well. I spent yesterday with the second soprano part being referred to as "Allison" because the teacher apparently forgot I existed. Even when I was singing with the other girl. Really though. You don't remember how you needed more seconds for this song, and I volunteered, and I've been singing this part since the beginning? You can't remember...?  <_<

Well. I spent yesterday with the second soprano part being referred to as "Allison" because the teacher apparently forgot I existed. Even when I was singing with the other girl. Really though. You don't remember how you needed more seconds for this song, and I volunteered, and I've been singing this part since the beginning? You can't remember...? <_<

Huh, sorry.

My school's choir teacher is awesome. I don't even have her class, but I've been to concerts and my music appreciation class is right next to the choir and band rooms. My friend is in the choir, though.

So. Tired...

Ah! Things! Okay. Words. Got 'em.

When talking to people (especially teachers), I have sort of a mental checklist I'm constantly running through.

"Walk up to the teacher. Oh, no, he's talking to them... should I go join in the conversation and then bring it up? I'll just wait until he's finished talking... Okay, he's done. Walk up to the teacher. He's not going to kill you. Speak. Say something. No, you're mumbling. He's talking to someone else and still doesn't know you're there. Say it. Say it! Okay. Words have been spoken. He's talking. Nod at what he's saying. Am I supposed to smile? I don't know. Neutral expression. That works. Say something that means you agree. He's done- wait, am I supposed to?- just say something affirmative. Okay, seems he's wrapped that up. Say thank you. Smile. Walk away as non-awkwardly as possible. How slow am I supposed to drop the smile? If I do it right away does that mean I'm a grouch? If I keep it on too long am I too happy-looking? Okay, hide in that closet! No, not supposed to do that. Get away from the people! Okay, you're alone now. You can breathe again."

My people skills are sooooo on point.

...I'm kind of sick of Once Upon a Time. it was never really my favorite show, and now it's just like....it's been hit-and-miss for so long that whatever investment I had in the show was gone. -_-

*sighs* somebody fix that downvote? <_<

Edited by Slowswift