The Puppetmaster?

WeiryWriter

I do not understand why Autonomy is viewed as bad, do we have sources for that conclusion?

It's mostly because Hoid has a grudge against him. He mentions him in the same sentence as Rayse/Odium which is why people just assume he is a bad guy. The nature of his shard doesn't have to be "evil" but it could certainly be problematic and it's reasonable to assume that he's a counterpart to Harmony, who meddles quite a bit.

So yeah, he doesn't have to be evil but he certainly doesn't agree with what Harmony does.

It's mostly because Hoid has a grudge against him. He mentions him in the same sentence as Rayse/Odium which is why people just assume he is a bad guy. The nature of his shard doesn't have to be "evil" but it could certainly be problematic and it's reasonable to assume that he's a counterpart to Harmony, who meddles quite a bit.

So yeah, he doesn't have to be evil but he certainly doesn't agree with what Harmony does.

Thanks.

I do not understand why Autonomy is viewed as bad, do we have sources for that conclusion?

If Paalm was an agent of Autonomy, it is not a very benefical shard for current Scadrial. In the times of TLR, it could have been a good influence, but society has progressed and shows more promises of further progress by trying to change the system slowly rather than by tearing it down.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

I'd like to return for a moment to the original topic. I think Kelsier is not still around to influence people, because Sazed says something along the lines of "after Kel, I don't have many people be snarky with me" (I don't have my book with me). This could be referring to Kelsier's death, but it seems much more likely to be saying that Kelsier isn't around anymore. :(

Kel doesn't have a spike; would he be able to speak to Harmony without one?

If Paalm was an agent of Autonomy, it is not a very benefical shard for current Scadrial. In the times of TLR, it could have been a good influence, but society has progressed and shows more promises of further progress by trying to change the system slowly rather than by tearing it down

Let's say I remain to be convinced on that point, or rather she had some valid points, and went to far.

Edited by ArchonTremaine

First off, I found the quote I was looking for.

Wait, Wax thought. Did I just get sarcastic with God Himself?

Yes, you did, Harmony said. It is well. Few act that way toward me, even among the kandra. It feels good to me. Like older times. Since Kelsier . . . well, I haven't had much of that.

Kel doesn't have a spike; would he be able to speak to Harmony without one?

Kelsier's also dead, which probably frees him up to do lots of things that would generally be impossible. Also, Sazed spoke to Vin and Elend when they were dead, so I would guess he would be able to speak to Kel as well.

I actually just read a recent posting that someone had of many interview, maybe a WoB but he said that Sazed did not actually say that he spoke with them, just that they were happy where they were...not sure what the implications of that are...I am trying to track down the source, but not sure if I will be able to find it again...

• 3 months later...

First off, I found the quote I was looking for.

Wait, Wax thought. Did I just get sarcastic with God Himself?

Yes, you did, Harmony said. It is well. Few act that way toward me, even among the kandra. It feels good to me. Like older times. Since Kelsier . . . well, I haven't had much of that.

Kelsier's also dead, which probably frees him up to do lots of things that would generally be impossible. Also, Sazed spoke to Vin and Elend when they were dead, so I would guess he would be able to speak to Kel as well.

Now that BoM & Mistborn: Secret History are out, this quote brings up a whole lot of other issues. I won't spoil anything here, but I do find it interesting that Sazed speaks of Kelsier as if he no longer interacts with him on a regular basis or like they had a falling out of sorts.

• Chaos locked this topic