The Rooster

Has anyone else ever noticed that The symbol for Kaladin with the crescent and the spears looks like a horizontally transposed Allomantic Bronze symbol?  Do you think he's going to snap soon?  I mean he's been thru SOME bad stuff but I think he's due for a little more punishment.  (Note this is totally facetious and I'm kidding)  I've thought this since the first time I read the book so I'm a little surprised it's never come up here before.

post-6790-0-79677600-1383296488.jpgpost-6790-0-10250900-1383296498_thumb.jp

As a side note: I really hope that the development in the cosmere will not be that in the end all is the same, every human or not-human race, "magic" etc. on every planet in the Cosmere (at least not that soon, maybe in thousands upon thousands of Cosmerian years). I'd be really disappointed.

On Topic: As far as I understand it, Kaladin will not Snap because he lacks Preservations Investiture.

• 3 weeks later...

He's obviously a gold misting though.

I mean, what else are we to make of this?

He found himself face-to-face with the man he'd left behind. The one he'd abandoned that night he'd decided not to throw himself into the chasm. A man with haunted eyes, a man who had given up on caring or hoping. A walking corpse.

(TWOK, Chapter 40)

The allomantic powers just wouldn't fit in with the way of kings series.  You can read it and totally get it without reading mistborn.  I haven't even read the whole mistborn series, but knowing BS, It wouldn't go with the way of kings.  Not to mention, it's already going to be ten books, and throwing in mistborn references would make it a lot more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm guessing that we'll probably get a few cosmere-y things in the books to come, but not on a level above what we've seen in tWoK. So, we've got like... Demoux and Galladon showing up in an interlude, Aona and Skai being mentioned in the letter, and some realmatic tidbits here and there, but nothing that overshadows the much more Roshar-specific central plot.

I wonder how steel pushing would interact with his reverse lashing. If he used both at once with equal(ish) strength, would arrows stop in the air, fall to the ground or just fly around randomly in circles in front of him?

Edited by Aether

Ah man, it's just AMAZING imagining Hoid getting a bet of magic from each of the worlds, you know?  He would be able to practice Allomancy, Feruchemy, Windrunning, drawing Aons, Soulcasting, Awakening, Investing, etc.

But in answer to your question, I think the objects would just hover in the air

But in answer to your question, I think the objects would just hover in the air

I'm leaning towards falling to the ground and spinning around there. Gravity would still affect them, and since both steel-pushing and the reverse lashing only seems to affect stuff in a straight line, they'd fall down.

Also, I should have noticed that my "really cool scenario" basically does the same as steel-pushing and iron-pulling simultaneously....

I figure that 1) it would depend on which was stronger, the steel-push or the reverse lashing.  And, 2) if they were equal in strength, then I suspect they would hold in place in the air much the same as a coin used in a steel-push fight like Vin and Kelsier did early in Vin's training. 

If the push and lashing were the same strength, an arrow pointed directly at Kaladin would spin 180 degrees and then stop in the air. Then, the arrowhead would be ripped off, after however long it takes for the force of the push to overcome the thing holding the arrowhead onto the arrow, and the lashing would then be the only force acting on the arrow. 

If the push and lashing were the same strength, an arrow pointed directly at Kaladin would spin 180 degrees and then stop in the air. Then, the arrowhead would be ripped off, after however long it takes for the force of the push to overcome the thing holding the arrowhead onto the arrow, and the lashing would then be the only force acting on the arrow. 

Ooh! When an object under the effects of a Lashing splits, are all of the pieces Lashed as well? Does the Gravity Surge provide a constant acceleration or constant force (I mean, there's not an actual difference until it splits), and when the split happens, is it split equally? I am intrigued.

Edited by Moogle

• 4 months later...

He must be a full mistborn then.

Hey, Stalagmite, just here asking you not to respond to threads this old unless you have new info. It's called necroing, and it's generally frowned upon. 8 times out of ten, the best answer is to start a new thread.