4th Mistborn Trilogy

skinnylipid

Wow... so looking at Brandon latest news update it seems we'll be getting at least a 4th Mistborn trilogy by the time all is said and done... WOOT!

He's said that there will indeed be 3 alloy 'era books with W&W but that this is not the 2nd trilogy originally pitched but rather a foreshadowing of the 2nd planned trilogy to come.

Anyone else excited?  :D

I don't even think that there has been a direct confirmation that Shadows of Self will be the final title for book 2.

Edit: Unless of course it is in that announcement article on Tor provided above.  In which case, I have foolishly posted the above comment without reading the article.

Edit 2: Whew! Just read the article.  Shadows of Self is only the current title.  Moshe's blurb implies that it is not the final title.  I did not make a complete fool of myself. :lol:

Edited by Shardlet

Edit 2: Whew! Just read the article.  Shadows of Self is only the current title.  Moshe's blurb implies that it is not the final title.  I did not make a complete fool of myself. :lol:

It's cool, it's not like we can see the thought processes that happen inside that insanity you call your brain.

personally I don't mind is W&W trilogy would grow into like 10 books. To me, Sanderson created a perfect pair of characters.

I personally think that they're already too "complete" as characters to make a really interesting huge epic series - instead, taking them through these episodic-type books he has planned for this little Mistborn mini-series is perfect.

Glad I'm not the only one excited for the next round of Mistborn novels  :D I'm just glad we get more Wax and Wayne, the Sherlock Holmes/Lone Ranger combo of the Mistborn world!

Quite honestly the idea of a magical Western has always been something I've been interested in and this has just tickled my interest ever since I saw it.

personally I don't mind is W&W trilogy would grow into like 10 books. To me, Sanderson created a perfect pair of characters.

Well, somebody has got to do it so I guess it might as well be me.  I must burst your bubble Aetae.  At the Seattle signing a month ago, Brandon said two more W&W and then, if he did any more intermediate Mistborn books, they would be set at a different location with different main characters.  It appears that you will have to content yourself with three W&W books total.

Oh SHOOOT!  Would it be too much if he added a second standalone trilogy in between the official second and third Trilogies?

1 Trilogy: Featuring Vin, Kelsier, Elend, Sazed, Breeze, Spook, Ham, Clubs, Dockson, Demoux, and the others

1.5 Trilogy: Featuring Wax, Wayne, Miles, and... Wow, can't believe I forgot her name... Ya'll know who I'm talking about.

2 Trilogy:  The already planned one set in place in modern times.

2.5: The possible one that may be a futuristic version of Alloy of Law or something.  Another standalone series???

3 Trilogy: The last one, with the futuristic stuff

Oh SHOOOT!  Would it be too much if he added a second standalone trilogy in between the official second and third Trilogies?

Yep. I mean, come on, that's just greedy. There are us folks here who want more books on Sel and Nalthis. Scadrial's already getting a dozen books.

2.5: The possible one that may be a futuristic version of Alloy of Law or something.  Another standalone series???

There is guarantee that there will be anything between trilogy #2 and trilogy #3. The W&W series was a project Brandon did to relax, not something he had planned. Maybe he'll do another one in the same world. Maybe he won't.

IKR!  I've been waiting for the Warbreaker sequel FOREVER!

You'll probably have to wait another FOREVER for it... it's near the bottom of Brandon's to-do list.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a solution to our predicament, but it will require some quantities of atium, bronze, brass, and the lives of at least 5 individuals. We have to get hemalurgic spikes charged with the following: Allomantic bendalloy, Feruchemical bronze, Allomantic bronze, Feruchemical zinc, and Allomantic zinc, somehow get them into Sanderson, so that he can simultaneously burn Bandelloy, compound Wake-fullness, and Mental Speed. I estimate an increase of at least 900,000% in writing output over time. Problem solved. Any volunteers?  ;)

Edited by Serendipity

2 Trilogy:  The already planned one set in place in modern times.

3 Trilogy: The last one, with the futuristic stuff

The second trilogy will be interesting but I hope it has some sort of preamble into the futuristic trilogy by talking about space travel and plans to go into space. 

W&W trilogy is already setting up that sort of preamble into the modern trilogy with guns, cars, and electricity.

The idea for a 2.5 trilogy would be neat, but you'd have to pick some really clear circumstances for it to make it a kind of 'period' piece lest it look like you're delving into the sci-fi aspect too early.

I kinda figured Alloy of Law would've been a trilogy. But I thought that was the "2nd" of the three trilogies. But that's cool. I'd rather get more Scadrial story overall. No need to overload Way & Wayne for 7+more books than they really need. Their three books will be perfect for their stories. Anything else would be overkill.