The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

I´m not entirely sure if this is the right thread for my question and if it´s not could you point out which would be? :P

Why didn´t Sadeas have a Shardblade? He was one of the two closest allies to Gavilar (next to Dalinar) and they conquered a whole kingdom, somewhere they must have won a shardblade for him.

No. Enhancement metals affect Allomancer's process of metabolizing the metals. Without person able to burn metals chromium is useless.

That's not necessarily the only mechanism chromium can work by. If the BoM broadsheet story with Nahz is anything to go by, the Leecher protagonist manages to drain Nahz's shade-shooting gun.

That's not necessarily the only mechanism chromium can work by. If the BoM broadsheet story with Nahz is anything to go by, the Leecher protagonist manages to drain Nahz's shade-shooting gun.

Well, yeah, as I understand it, aluminum and chromium aren't so much about destroying metals as they are about dissipating investiture.

There is some overlap of course, since Scadrial's focus is metals, but I'd be willing to bet that a leecher could also deactivate Lifeless and Awakened objects on Nalthis and drain Stormlight from pretty much anything on Roshar.

Okay, let's say we have a Rosharan leaving in the wild where there is no law other than natural law and natural law between people (such as: it's impolite to kill somebody who let you stay at his fire and so on).
Such character established his own code of honor and morality and never breaks the laws he imposed on himself.

Would he attract a Skybreaker spren (highspren, but IIRC we still don't have official confirmation)? If he indeed becomes a Skybreaker, how would he react to other people living by their own laws which allows them to do things he finds conflicting with his own law?

If he moves to civilization, what happens if his law conflicts with the law of the state?

Does people's worship of Kelsier have an effect on Kelsier's Cognitive Shadow?

Edit: You once said souls are a mix of a person's connections to places, people, and times with raw investiture.  

Does a Nalthian's Breath act as a substitute for this raw Investiture, or is it an addition?

Edited by Master_Moridin

Well corpses don't really have souls like humans do.

But shardblade severed limbs have no color, and maybe that prevents making it Lifeless. Lifeless drain color from themselves yes?

Also, the limb is likely still attached which would be weird.

Are all aluminium metalminds unkeyed by default? Or only those which were stored 100%? What happens if you tap Identity of another person?

BoM:

Did Survivor's Spearhead consist of ALL base metals metalminds? Since Marasi "tapped everything", did she tap Kelsier's Identity too? DId she tap Connection? Was her ear healed after she tapped gold?

Edited by Oversleep

If you were to draw a circle around the Pits of Hathsin, and another around the Well of Ascension, and gave them both a radius of the distance between the two locations, would the shard pool for Harmony be in either circle?

Edit: Is a location heavily invested because there's a shard pool there, or is a shard pool there because it's heavily invested?

Edited by Silverblade5

What happens if you do the Rutherford experiment with atium (or lerasium, or the unknown metal)?  The technology to do it should be available soon.

I'm very curious to see how Brandon handles this.  If they have a nucleus with <=118 protons, then they are identical to an element that we know.  If not, what do they have in the nucleus?  Other baryons that are unstable or don't exist in our world?  Something else?  No nucleus at all?

What happens if you do the Rutherford experiment with atium (or lerasium, or the unknown metal)?  The technology to do it should be available soon.

I'm very curious to see how Brandon handles this.  If they have a nucleus with <=118 protons, then they are identical to an element that we know.  If not, what do they have in the nucleus?  Other baryons that are unstable or don't exist in our world?  Something else?  No nucleus at all?

It'll be the same as a metal in our world, but the Rutherford experiment wouldn't pick up the Investiture that makes atium, lerasium, and harmonium "godmetals."  

It'll be the same as a metal in our world, but the Rutherford experiment wouldn't pick up the Investiture that makes atium, lerasium, and harmonium "godmetals."

But that would mean it would technically be possible to create a god metal through fusion or fission. Feels a bit odd to me... Unless of course it's the investiture that turns the metal from a normal one to a god metal.

But that would mean it would technically be possible to create a god metal through fusion or fission. Feels a bit odd to me... Unless of course it's the investiture that turns the metal from a normal one to a god metal.

That's it.  It's the Investiture.  

Here's the specific WoB if ya want it.  Whatever Investment is going on seems to be being done on a Spiritual level

Viper
Hah. So in Cosmere, does physics work the same way in the physical realm as it does in our world? Specifically, particle physics; and are atoms made up of protons and neutrons and electrons, and is light photons, etc?

Brandon Sanderson
Yes.

Viper
So what's at the core of an atom of Atium? Ate-teum? Also how do you pronounce it? At-teum?

Brandon Sanderson
Yes. And the matter is just normal matter, but it's wrapped in the spiritual. The Spiritual DNA [or something] is what makes it magical.

Viper
(Note: he might've said slightly more about this but I didn't write it down and I don't remember. Sorry for not bringing a tape recorder :(/> )
(source)

I didn't know that, thanks!

My question might still be interesting though.  It really boils down to "what metal is it the same as?"  If the Investiture makes it look different, then this experiment might be the first time Scadirans find out that it's the same as some more common metal.

Unfortunately lerasium can't be element 16.  That would be sulfur, not a metal.

In TWoK, first page of chapter 72, Shallan asks Jasnah whether she Soulcasted her blood and then is confused cause Jasnah said she isn't very good with organic substances.

Jasnah replies that one of the Ten Essences is very easy to create. And that eight types of blood are much easier than, for example, water.

That covers A,B, AB and 0 and Rh+ and Rh-.

Rh is rhesus factor.  It's another thing you have to worry about with transfusions.

What about antibodies and leucocytes and stuff?  They're part of blood, so theoretically they should be easy to soulcast.  Could you treat the Purelake plage by Soulcasting people's blood so that it included antibodies against the plague virus?