Well, it's not the worst timeport post I've ever written.  :mellow:

It's hard to top the line "Animals don't wear clothes." :mellow:

Speaking of clothes, Twi, how detailed do you want to make the dress-up scene? Entire posts devoted to Funtimes, Sam, and Revolution hashing out the perfect outfits, or shall we skim past most of that?

We'll just see how it goes, then. Am I correct in supposing Funtimes will use the towel and part of the floor as dress and boots material, or will she need anything extra?

She can do that, or Sam could show her the dress and the changes she wants made to it. Either way would work.

Edit: Looks like the weird dreams posts have had their day and that day is over now. :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

She can do that, or Sam could show her the dress and the changes she wants made to it. Either way would work.

I think I'd prefer the towel-floor option. Largely because having a bath towel getting stretched and morphed all over you has got to be a pretty weird-feeling experience, and the floor eating your feet and becoming a pair of boots even more so. :P

I think I'd prefer the towel-floor option. Largely because having a bath towel getting stretched and morphed all over you has got to be a pretty weird-feeling experience, and the floor eating your feet and becoming a pair of boots even more so. :P

Probably, yes. :P And there may still not be enough material nearby, so Funtimes may very well toss her a throw pillow and turn it into lace. :P

Probably, yes. :P And there may still not be enough material nearby, so Funtimes may very well toss her a throw pillow and turn it into lace. :P

I don't know. It is a pretty fluffy towel. :P How long after the dress-up will Funtimes be teleporting back to the cottage?

The MoNA, you mean? She'll make sure everyone has a chance to grab something to eat--onscreen or off--and then head over.

Derp. This is what I get for trying to plan things past my bedtime. Yep, I meant the MoNA.

I'll try to get Sam and Lightwards posts up tomorrow.

So. Voidus.

Is arena attendance mandatory? Should I have Sentry approach you or...introduce her a different way?

Nope, it's 'encouraged' pretty strongly for any new Epics in town but its not mandatory, especially for any other members of the government. This would be the time to approach Soulcaster if you wanted to introduce her that way or if you wanted to set up your own plotline elsewhere in the city that's fine too.

It's hard to top the line "Animals don't wear clothes." :mellow:

Speaking of clothes, Twi, how detailed do you want to make the dress-up scene? Entire posts devoted to Funtimes, Sam, and Revolution hashing out the perfect outfits, or shall we skim past most of that?

Careful Kobold, you may not want to phrase that like a challenge. :ph34r:

Derp. This is what I get for trying to plan things past my bedtime. Yep, I meant the MoNA.

I'll try to get Sam and Lightwards posts up tomorrow.

Another thing, is she going to take everyone with her?

That was the plan. The MoNA may not be safe, but her vanillas will at least have her to protect them there. Couldn't say the same if she left one of them at the cottage. Why?

Oh just so, it's not like I was planning an ambush to capture all of the vanillas as hostages and then later sell Sam to Shiny Sparkle to give a reason for her to be loyal. Doing something like that is exactly what I won't do. They also didn't use the nighttime to reverse engineer the bombs in the floor. :ph34r: 

Oh just so, it's not like I was planning an ambush to capture all of the vanillas as hostages and then later sell Sam to Shiny Sparkle to give a reason for her to be loyal. Doing something like that is exactly what I won't do. They also didn't use the nighttime to reverse engineer the bombs in the floor. :ph34r:

I don't know how advisable that would be. You see, selling Sam to Shiny might seal Shiny's loyalty, but would make Funtimes madder than an entire pack of T-Rexes after you gave them a bunch of meat and said they could only take what they could carry in their tiny noodle arms. When Shiny refused to give Sam back, Funtimes would be furious. I'd really only recommend this idea if you WANTED an extremely destructive fight that ....

Oh. :mellow::P

I don't know how advisable that would be. You see, selling Sam to Shiny might seal Shiny's loyalty, but would make Funtimes madder than an entire pack of T-Rexes after you gave them a bunch of meat and said they could only take what they could carry in their tiny noodle arms. When Shiny refused to give Sam back, Funtimes would be furious. I'd really only recommend this idea if you WANTED an extremely destructive fight that ....

Oh. :mellow::P

You know, I really wasn't thinking about it and just making a joke but I think you just sold me on the idea. :P (Now there's also the idea of Lucentia essentially placing a self-destruct mechanism into the bodies of Sam and co to keep further leverage. :ph34r: )

You know, I really wasn't thinking about it and just making a joke but I think you just sold me on the idea. :P (Now there's also the idea of Lucentia essentially placing a self-destruct mechanism into the bodies of Sam and co to keep further leverage. :ph34r: )

Oh dear. :P

No, Lucentia, you may not place self-destruct mechanisms into the bodies of Funtimes' vanillas. You've already abused your ruling-over-a-city privileges and I see no reason to give you associating-with-likable-character privileges if you can't be responsible. <_<:P

Trying to decide what Neverthere would be getting up to this morning, going to visit Timeport, spying on Lightwards and co., spying on the MEE, spying on Corpsemaker and Altermind, holding a funeral service for Numnums or needlessly taunting some Vanillas.

Oh dear. :P

No, Lucentia, you may not place self-destruct mechanisms into the bodies of Funtimes' vanillas. You've already abused your ruling-over-a-city privileges and I see no reason to give you associating-with-likable-character privileges if you can't be responsible. <_<:P

This is Lucentia opinion on the matter:

0bec4ef13b709255c597d8a37f8bcdeb.png

It's not like I'm agreeing with her but you are very persuasive Twi. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

This is Lucentia opinion on the matter:

0bec4ef13b709255c597d8a37f8bcdeb.png

It's not like I'm agreeing with her but you are very persuasive Tiw. :P

Dear Lucentia, 

To sacrifice something, ​you need to have it to begin with. Being denied permission to take control of four characters for the foreseeable future is no sacrifice on your part, because those characters were never yours to begin with. Were you granted permission, those characters would lose….oh, just about everything, including their lives when you tired of them. 

What I'm trying to say is this: You are not sacrificing anything. You are being denied a chance to steal something that is not yours. This is not a tragedy in your life. This is the justice system functioning as it should. 

Buy a dictionary, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles 

P.S.: No, I'm not buying one for you. You're a big girl. Go find one on your own. 

Dear Lucentia, 

To sacrifice something, ​you need to have it to begin with. Being denied permission to take control of four characters for the foreseeable future is no sacrifice on your part, because those characters were never yours to begin with. Were you granted permission, those characters would lose….oh, just about everything, including their lives when you tired of them. 

What I'm trying to say is this: You are not sacrificing anything. You are being denied a chance to steal something that is not yours. This is not a tragedy in your life. This is the justice system functioning as it should. 

Buy a dictionary, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles 

P.S.: No, I'm not buying one for you. You're a big girl. Go find one on your own. 

2acbabd4128527a093bebaf77af1e9ef.png

She refused to comment on the dictonary remark. :P

2acbabd4128527a093bebaf77af1e9ef.png

She refused to comment on the dictonary remark. :P

Dear Lucentia, 

As a librarian (not Liebrarian), I stand adamantly against the notion of censorship. Allow people access to all forms of information, and if they don't like what they see, wonderful! They can start a discussion on what they dislike about it and why. This contributes to the free exchange of ideas and ultimately leads to greater open-mindedness as people of opposing ideologies engage with one another. Does this always work as it should? No. Often, this has the opposite effect, where conservatives and liberals brand one another's ideas offensive and poisonous and attempt to have their materials banned from public access. However, it can work as intended, and it has. It's worked beautifully and has ultimately made our world a better place. 

Now, did you notice something about the word censorship there? Namely, how it was applied to ideas and written materials

I do not censor your ideas. Were you to write a book, I would not advocate for its censorship. (Actually, since I suspect it would look something like this, I would most likely borrow a copy from my trusty public library, howl with laughter all the way through, and give it a well-deserved one-star rating.) The point is, although I vehemently disagree with 99.99999 percent of what you have to say (the .00001 percent was that time you said roast chicken is delicious, an opinion I share) I do not prevent you from saying it. I do not censor ideas. 

Actions and ideas are not the same. 

Since the dawn of hunter-gatherer societies, mankind has always prohibited people from pursuing courses of action damaging to those around them. You call this "censorship." The rest of us call it "decent human beings keeping society from degenerating into mass chaos." Preventing you from planting self-destruct mechanisms in four innocent people is not censorship. It is basic decency. Were it a university course, it would not even be Decency 101. This concept would be covered in Decency 92: Remedial Decency. 

Which you, quite obviously, failed. 

Have a nice day, Fail Face, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles 

Dear Lucentia, 

As a librarian (not Liebrarian), I stand adamantly against the notion of censorship. Allow people access to all forms of information, and if they don't like what they see, wonderful! They can start a discussion on what they dislike about it and why. This contributes to the free exchange of ideas and ultimately leads to greater open-mindedness as people of opposing ideologies engage with one another. Does this always work as it should? No. Often, this has the opposite effect, where conservatives and liberals brand one another's ideas offensive and poisonous and attempt to have their materials banned from public access. However, it can work as intended, and it has. It's worked beautifully and has ultimately made our world a better place. 

Now, did you notice something about the word censorship there? Namely, how it was applied to ideas and written materials

I do not censor your ideas. Were you to write a book, I would not advocate for its censorship. (Actually, since I suspect it would look something like this, I would most likely borrow a copy from my trusty public library, howl with laughter all the way through, and give it a well-deserved one-star rating.) The point is, although I vehemently disagree with 99.99999 percent of what you have to say (the .00001 percent was that time you said roast chicken is delicious, an opinion I share) I do not prevent you from saying it. I do not censor ideas. 

Actions and ideas are not the same. 

Since the dawn of hunter-gatherer societies, mankind has always prohibited people from pursuing courses of action damaging to those around them. You call this "censorship." The rest of us call it "decent human beings keeping society from degenerating into mass chaos." Preventing you from planting self-destruct mechanisms in four innocent people is not censorship. It is basic decency. Were it a university course, it would not even be Decency 101. This concept would be covered in Decency 92: Remedial Decency. 

Which you, quite obviously, failed. 

Have a nice day, Fail Face, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Am I currently witnessing a debate between a real person and a fictonal character, where I have to make up the answers for the person in the wrong? This is sparking weird. :mellow: 

b7614334245c5e8a193cc7b0c0a7c352.png

Different topic, did any of you ever read something by Walter Moers?

Am I currently witnessing a debate between a real person and a fictonal character, where I have to make up the answers for the person in the wrong? This is sparking weird. :mellow: 

b7614334245c5e8a193cc7b0c0a7c352.png

Different topic, did any of you ever read something by Walter Moers?

It'd be more weird if we didn't talk about stuff like that in Questions, what else are we supposed to do? Plan events related to the RP? :P