First off, memes to get me into the mindset of writing Shiny Sparkle.

71dea5c5f1307c586974f787f2fd783d.png

That awkward moment when you realize "So you want to tame the redhead" has the same number of syllables as "Do you want to build a snowman" and you put on "PartyXParty" to drive that tune out of your head before you write a parody that should have never existed. :mellow:

That awkward moment when you realize "So you want to tame the redhead" has the same number of syllables as "Do you want to build a snowman" and you put on "PartyXParty" to drive that tune out of your head before you write a parody that should have never existed. :mellow:

I'd tell you to throw away your concerns and write that parody, but the risk of Nighthound appropriating it is too great. :mellow:

Careful Tiw, she's starting to influence your mind. :ph34r:

Talking about minds, we should do that Jedi-mind trick more often. :P

Careful Tiw, she's starting to influence your mind. :ph34r:

Talking about minds, we should do that Jedi-mind trick more often. :P

This can only end....very very strangely. :mellow:

We should, shouldn't we? :ph34r: I have part of a weird dream sequence written for Nathan, by the way; should I post it or is everyone burnt out on weird dreams?

I'd tell you to throw away your concerns and write that parody, but the risk of Nighthound appropriating it is too great. :mellow:

I didn't even think of that but one way or another I promise he will never know about it.

Since Salem is starting up again, any plans or things I should be aware of that I might have missed in this threads ever-growing page count?

Nothing concerning Salem, I think.

We should, shouldn't we? :ph34r: I have part of a weird dream sequence written for Nathan, by the way; should I post it or is everyone burnt out on weird dreams?

You might start flirting with yourself. :P

You start, I'll follow up. :ph34r: I don't think it would hurt.

Edited by Edgedancer

We're never burnt out on weird dreams, and I for one would love to read it. :) (The Backtrack dream probably wouldn't have been written if it weren't for your inspirational vacuum-salesperson-Shiny Sparkle dream sequence, by the way.)

First to make sure the edit gets seen:

TwiLyghtSansSparkles, on 14 Aug 2015 - 4:54 PM, said:snapback.png

You might start flirting with yourself. :P

You start, I'll follow up. :ph34r: I don't think it would hurt.

We're never burnt out on weird dreams, and I for one would love to read it. :) (The Backtrack dream probably wouldn't have been written if it weren't for your inspirational vacuum-salesperson-Shiny Sparkle dream sequence, by the way.)

I see Twi's reach is far. Now, if only I had someone to do weird dream sequences for. :ph34r:

Since Salem is starting up again, any plans or things I should be aware of that I might have missed in this threads ever-growing page count?

Nothings really happened or been planned much other than the arena battles so I'd say not really :P

Probably a good time to introduce some characters though, while all the characters are conscious and everything.

EDIT:

I see Twi's reach is far. Now, if only I had someone to do weird dream sequences for.  :ph34r:

Soulcasters range mysteriously quadruples and he murders Nighthound a dozen times in his sleep?   :ph34r:

Edited by Voidus

“How’d you build all of this without any hands?”

I wonder the same thing whenever I see someone watching the movie "Cars." Like, how could this world possibly function? How did the vehicles evolve? How did they discover agriculture? Where did early car civilizations get enough oil to support the population boom following the implementation of agriculture?

Edited by Mckeedee123

And there you go. One post that advances the story, and one dream sequence that does not. :P

And both has value to our entertainment. :P

Random thought i just had but shouldn't nathan be both extremly pasty and in high risk of getting sunburns? (not that Firefight ever considered this.)

And both has value to our entertainment. :P

Random thought i just had but shouldn't nathan be both extremly pasty and in high risk of getting sunburns? (not that Firefight ever considered this.)

I wondered that too. Maybe Steelheart wants a semi-attractive populace and kept tanning beds on hand? :P (At any rate, he's Irish and therefore naturally pretty pale and easily sunburned, so there's not a huge difference.)

Actually, ice has a lot of energy. It's still about 270 degrees from absolute zero. Also the ground she is laying on has some temperature. I don't think that her energy absorbtion has to limit itself. Suck energy from surroundings, make it -200 or something. Sun and air will warm it VERY fast with such a temperature difference and repeat the process. Then, after few cykles, release the whole stored energy to explode the prison. Let me repeat, ice has a lot of energy left to suck ;) it's not liquid helium :)

Converter does loose energy proportional to how much she holds as the time. And how fast she loses it depends on her emotional state. With a lot of energy,  Converter has to use it extremely fast, or it just dissipates back into her surroundings. She wouldn't be able to absorb enough energy, and then be able to use it, before it dissipates. 

What she could do is melt a little ice in her hands and then drip some into a crack/key whole of her manacles. She could then freeze the ice, causing it to expand and then repeat the process, breaking apart her restraints. After that, Converter could then do the same thing on the walls of her prison.