What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

This just got put on tomorrow's list with Gaga/Bennett's Cheek-to-Cheek, animals as leaders' Joy of Motion, and Forgotten suns' When Worlds Collide. I'll have to check out Alesana: tomorrow's a good day for that. Oh, and Kamelot. My friend said I would like them, but that he didn't lol. So, two new bands tomorrow.

You like Epica? You should like Kamelot. Be careful which albums you pick though, they've changed singers almost as much as/as much as Nightwish. My personal album recommendation is Black Halo. That or Ghost Opera.

Haha i hope you like Alesana! i love the music but it's also what they write about that i love! and lyrically i think they're great. The newest album is about the book series a wrinkle in time, the album before that was Dante's Inferno, the album before that was of an Edgar Allan Poe story, and 2 albums before that was Greek Mythology and Brothers Grimm tales. So they all have great stories in every song! haha

Incase you're also curious, their last 3 albums were a trilogy using 2 characters over the 3 albums. but using the above stories as the background. The Annabel Trilogy

That's really neat. I like music with literary themes for lyrics. Iron Maiden is awesome at doing that. I love them. I also really like Priestess, and they do this, though in a more low-key manner, in some their songs. Definitely going to listen to them today. If you're into concept albums with stories, I think you should look into Coheed & Cambria. All of their albums are a detailed account of a sci-fi story the band members created for a greater context for their music the be in. And Stone Sour's House Of Gold & Bones album is one of my favorite albums. If you want a singer who can scream and sing, look no further. 

That's really neat. I like music with literary themes for lyrics. Iron Maiden is awesome at doing that. I love them. I also really like Priestess, and they do this, though in a more low-key manner, in some their songs. Definitely going to listen to them today. If you're into concept albums with stories, I think you should look into Coheed & Cambria. All of their albums are a detailed account of a sci-fi story the band members created for a greater context for their music the be in. And Stone Sour's House Of Gold & Bones album is one of my favorite albums. If you want a singer who can scream and sing, look no further. 

So much to check out! thanks so much!!! really appreciate it :)

Iron Maiden? Who's that?

Fantastic metal band. not steaming, singing. They do a lot of story-themed music, usually inspired by literature. If you're into music, you'd probably recognize their mascot Eddie. They've been mega popular among the metal community since the 80's. They have a pretty large volume of music (pun intended.) Not Rush/Yes/Judas Priest-amount of albums, but They've got a bunch of stuff. If you like metal, you should check them out. 

Bought the new 10 Years album last weekend. Finally gave it a listen to. It was good, but it was no Autumn Effect. That being said, they're sound has changed quite a bit since then. I definitely enjoyed it though.

Autumn Effect is my favorite of theirs as well, but I really liked Birth to Burial. It was really good, and I was satisfied.

I am listening to Kaki King's new one now, then Blur's, and then new Modest Mouse. And Voltaire had a new one last year apparently, so I'll have to listen to that.

http://rajasband.com/

I found the above band. They have their album available to stream for free on their website, and it's really good. I honestly have no idea how I got there (this happens to me a lot,) but i really like it. Brand new album, brand new band I believe. Very good, pretty fresh.

also, Florence + the Machine's new album is out, and I'm feeling in a Meshuggah mood, so probably put them on later (although nothing new from them this year.) And I haven't listened to Opeth's new one from 2014, so that will definitely cap off my new music for the day.

Edited by Nait Sabes

I hat posting twice-in-a-row, but it's been days, and I love what I'm listening to. It's not necessarily music (though it is accompanied by soundscapes made with instruments,) but I am listening to Patti Smith's delivery of her Coral Sea. Wonderful poet, fantastic spoken-word artist. 

Station to Station by David Bowie. This one has "Golden Years" which appears in that Heath Ledger movie...not that one, the other one...NO! You're hopeless! It's the one about a knight and a tale...

It also has some of the best lyrics: "It's not the side effects of the cocaine/I'm thinking that it must be love!" :P

• 2 weeks later...

Earthbound- by Copperwire.

First rap/hip-hop album I've bought. And first one I've listened to of my own volition. It's a space opera that also apparently incorporates the ethereal music of the spheres (as revealed by Fourier analysis!) in some of the songs. Almost done through my first listen, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.