Why Savants Exist

Chaos

Would Marcus be a gold feruchemical savent?

I don't think you can become a Feruchemical Savant, but he may well have been a Gold Allomantic Savant. With that said, I'm not sure how compounding would effect become a Savant. If Chaos' theory is correct and I would guess that it is indeed, then the prolonged effects of the investiture on your body are what change your Spirit Web and make you a Savant. While Miles was burning gold a lot, he was then compounding the investiture into his Metalmind. I suspect that this would stop the changes to his Spirit Web.

The implication was that it wouldn't work for compounding either, but I failed to get it clarified, for which I am shamed.

Does my logic on why compounding probably wouldn't make you a Savant make any sense? I just reread it about 5 times and now I can't decide if it was a clear thought or just an incoherent ball of nonsense.

The implication was that it wouldn't work for compounding either, but I failed to get it clarified, for which I am shamed.

Drats. I was hoping to get some confirmation on whether or not it's technically allomancy or feruchemy, which would have quite a few implications. Like being able to sense it with bronze.

Drats. I was hoping to get some confirmation on whether or not it's technically allomancy or feruchemy, which would have quite a few implications. Like being able to sense it with bronze.

Yeah, I choked. The question is meant to ask was "are there Feruchemical savants? Was Miles one?", but I never got to the second sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Feruchemy is end neutral. I don't think its a matter of possibility, but probability. If we had confirmation on Miles and other Large Volume Tapping, then it would be more conclusive. What I see are two options:

A ) Savantism is unique to End Positive Investitures, due the requirement of investiture to become one or for the intake of energy. Possibly with equivalent conditions for End Neutral and End Negative Investitures(with different requirements and effects).

B ) Savantism is only practically possible in End Positive Systems, even if it's *technically* possible in other systems.

Edited by jasenerd

Yes it does, and we just don't know (it'll be explored later)

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/3409-old-god-metal-info/

Can we all just take a second and focus on the part where it says a possible alloy can make a substance so volatile; I repeat...VOLATILE....

Minor Bands Spoilers

ETTMETAL VIOLENTLY EXPLODES WHEN IN CONTACT WITH WATER

Harmonium confirmed?

• 4 weeks later...

Can we all just take a second and focus on the part where it says a possible alloy can make a substance so volatile; I repeat...VOLATILE....

Minor Bands Spoilers

ETTMETAL VIOLENTLY EXPLODES WHEN IN CONTACT WITH WATER

Harmonium confirmed?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that sounds just like a normal Alkali Earth Metal to me.

There's no way there's so much harmonium in the world. There were what, 16 beads of lerasium? And atium was forced to produce as Preservation cut that part of Ruin off... and then atium was stockpiled for one thousand years.

So I don't see how 300 years would make such an absurd amount of harmonium possible.

• Chaos locked this topic