Interesting things about yourself?

Kestrel

I am fifteen thirty second, or about 47% African American. One of my great great grandmother on that side of my family was 50/50.

Edit: I was born right handed but am slowly becoming ambidextrous for no reason, my left hand is just slowly feeling more like my main hand O.o. Real weird.

Edited by Blightsong

I am fifteen thirty second, or about 47% African American. One of my great great grandmother on that side of my family was 50/50.

Does it show much? I know a black/white couple with three children and the skin color fluctuates widely in between them. Their black heritage is rather clear, but they are much lighter toned than their father. They are adorable girls: so exotic  :wub:

Does it show much? I know a black/white couple with three children and the skin color fluctuates widely in between them. Their black heritage is rather clear, but they are much lighter toned than their father. They are adorable girls: so exotic  :wub:

Yea, although people often mistake me for Mexican even though I don't look Mexican at all. Also all of my cousins on that side are mixed and I am probably the second to darkest out of the seven of us, the lightest having the skin tone of a normal white person but he has some African feature. It's pretty wild looking.

Yea, although people often mistake me for Mexican even though I don't look Mexican at all. Also all of my cousins on that side are mixed and I am probably the second to darkest out of the seven of us, the lightest having the skin tone of a normal white person but he has some African feature. It's pretty wild looking.

Mixed blood makes the most random mixed :)  My bloodline is mixed with Native blood... I did not get so much of it if not for the fact mosquitoes hate me, but some of my cousins did retain the features. We are white skinned though, but we can tan easily.

I'm descended from a lot of European royalty, though to be honest a lot of people are. I'm very proud of the fact that I am descended from King Louie the Fat, who had to have a specially reinforced carriage so it wouldn't break under his weight.

I'm also descended (a long, long ways back) from some Egyptian person, so I'm technically kind of African. I do not look like it at all. Please don't laugh at us white people who think we're tan, Hispanics, let us continue dreaming.

I'm descended from a lot of European royalty, though to be honest a lot of people are. I'm very proud of the fact that I am descended from King Louie the Fat, who had to have a specially reinforced carriage so it wouldn't break under his weight.

I'm also descended (a long, long ways back) from some Egyptian person, so I'm technically kind of African. I do not look like it at all. Please don't laugh at us white people who think we're tan, Hispanics, let us continue dreaming.

That's awesome! :)

On the topic of lineage, let's see... I've got some German, English, Norwegian, I think, as well as Danish blood in me. My paternal grandfather was German and the main reason I want to visit Germany someday.

Oh, and I'm related to Hyrum Smith.  :rolleyes: I was actually distantly related to some of my seminary classmates because of this fact.

Edited by Slowswift

I have 86 visible distinct scars

What did you do to yourself? :o

I worked at the Pits of Hathsin  ;) .  Honestly, though, I'm just really clumsy. And I do a lot of stupid stuff on dares. I've had my share of bike accidents, falling out of trees, skiing accidents, the like. And a lot are from mosquito bites- I guess I have really tasty blood? :wacko:

Edited by Sarcasm

Do you mean right handed left eye/left handed right eye? Because I think being dominant in the same side hand/eye is fairly common. I know I am.

Also I've seen a few color changing eye things and that's normal. It depends on the lighting/clothing you wear. Lighter eyes tend to have the illusion more, however.

Do you mean right handed left eye/left handed right eye? Because I think being dominant in the same side hand/eye is fairly common. I know I am.

Also I've seen a few color changing eye things and that's normal. It depends on the lighting/clothing you wear. Lighter eyes tend to have the illusion more, however.

Sorry, right hand, left eye.

And my eyes actually change color. No joke.

"The iris is a muscle that expands and contracts to control pupil size. The pupil enlarges in dimmer lighting and grows smaller in brighter lighting. The pupil also shrinks when you focus on near objects, such as a book you are reading.

When the pupil size changes, the pigments in the iris compress or spread apart, changing the eye color a bit.

Certain emotions can change both the pupil size and the iris color. That's why some people say their eyes change colors when they're angry or loving.

Eye color also can change with age. This happens in 10 to 15 percent of the Caucasian population (people who generally have lighter eye colors)."

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-color.htm

Its an illusion that most people with light eyes can see. I know my eyes were brown when I was younger, but they're hazel now. With hazel eyes they can be darker or lighter depending on everything around me/what I'm doing.

I have met and interacted with a few wolves before (and have photos to prove it but I'll need to upload them)

I have a habit of forgetting about things.

I have been able to completely wing nearly every presentation I've ever given, including presentations in Spanish (which are horrible but I usually end up passing)

A team of neurologists wishes to study my abnormal brain.

I'm exaggerating things by saying it that way, but my brain is definitely abnormal.  The condition's called aphantasia and was only really discovered last year - it's the inability to form mental pictures, or really, experience most sense memories.  I can't recall pictures, smells, textures....none of that.

I can't generate mental images either.  Best I can manage is about a tenth of a second flicker of something vague.  Yes, that means that when I'm reading, I don't generate any kind of picture of any setting, characters, action - nothing at all.

I'm in contact with the researchers who are studying the condition now, and have given them a helping hand.  If you'd like to assess yourself and help us out (for science!), take this survey - and if your score is below 32, consider taking the one it links to when you submit your results.  For the record, I scored a 23 - and my wife scored a 55.

Despite all that, I write science fiction and fantasy.

Oh, and there is a thread about this in Creator's Corner.

Edited by Talanic

That's fun :) Mine bends back a bit of a way more than normal, my dad's bends back a crazy amount, practically pointing back along his arm when he's doing a thumbs up. People's reactions to digits/limbs moving further than they theoretically should can be quite entertaining.

Out of curiosity, can your thumb bend back behind your hand?

Like this:

20150713_225032_zpslnppugd0.jpg

I can't do that, but my left thumb clicks in and out of place. It's kinda freaky.....:D

The University I attend used to be an insane asylum, with many of the buildings still in need of renovation. There's an old hospital style bed with restraints and an electric chair in the warehouse where I work.

It's a cheery work environment. 

A team of neurologists wishes to study my abnormal brain.

I'm exaggerating things by saying it that way, but my brain is definitely abnormal.  The condition's called aphantasia and was only really discovered last year - it's the inability to form mental pictures, or really, experience most sense memories.  I can't recall pictures, smells, textures....none of that.

I can't generate mental images either.  Best I can manage is about a tenth of a second flicker of something vague.  Yes, that means that when I'm reading, I don't generate any kind of picture of any setting, characters, action - nothing at all.

I'm in contact with the researchers who are studying the condition now, and have given them a helping hand.  If you'd like to assess yourself and help us out (for science!), take this survey - and if your score is below 32, consider taking the one it links to when you submit your results.  For the record, I scored a 23 - and my wife scored a 55.

Despite all that, I write science fiction and fantasy.

Oh, and there is a thread about this in Creator's Corner.

Wow. That's really interesting. Does that mean you can't dream?