Kandra tell?

Sirscott13

So in the first mistborn we heard The savior talking about how the kandra playing renoux would not hold up under inquisitor inspection. As far as I know only duralumin emotional alomancy would be strong enough to control a kandra and the inquisitors did not have duralumin yet, so how would they have been able to tell renoux was a kandra? Am I missing something? Also could a kandra create a true body skeleton of a dinosaur, or other creature non digestible and become one? If so a dragon or golem kandra would be pretty cool

Inquisitors can see metal lines much more clearly than other allomancers. I always figured that was the tell. As for making a dinosaur, yes they probably could. Would they be able to mimic the muscle structures necessary to get a dinosaur moving? That's another question entirely.

I don't know if that's a good tell. Obviously the savior didn't have any idea how inquisitors saw but he knew they would be able to detect kandra. Am I missing something??? Maybe kandra are bound to reveal themselves to inquisitors by TLR?

a) Any Inquisitor can tell a Kandra on sight, simply by virtue of seeing all metal traces within a body, including two spikes.

b ) It was probably known by other nobles that Kandra can't fool inquisitors after they tried, and Kelsier learned from them, though he didn't know how they detected Kandra.

Edited by Satsuoni

The inquisitors couldn't see the metal in sazed's stomach, though.

I'm thinking more the basic metals in a human body probably differ enough from the metals in a kandra's body (diet alone should provide some variance), that Inquisitors can spot them easily. They might even have training in it, since I doubt the Lord Ruler would have wanted kandra infiltrating the Ministry on behalf of the nobility. That could have spoiled the Trust.

Could also be Inquisitors Bronze, many of them have nearly double normal Bronze levels and they practise with it enough that they're probably Savants, they might have learned how to sense Hemalurgy as well as Allomancy, Brandon has at least implied that it's possible to detect Feruchemy, why not Hemalurgy?

I thought it said TLR could tell a kandra, not inquisitors 

but inquisitors being the case, being able to see the lines to the spikes wouldnt help, They couldnt tell that they hema spikes, just pieces of metal?

It could be another double spiked ability, like piercing copper clouds. Maybe double brass or zinc?   

I thought it said TLR could tell a kandra, not inquisitors 

but inquisitors being the case, being able to see the lines to the spikes wouldnt help, They couldnt tell that they hema spikes, just pieces of metal?

It could be another double spiked ability, like piercing copper clouds. Maybe double brass or zinc?   

To be fair, how many other Nobles would have random pieces of metal piercing them and just leave them?

Are the spikes able to be detected though? I thought inquisitor vision just worked to trace the world with blue lines outlining everything before them. I didn't think they could detect the metal deep within someones body because of the whole metal in the body is immune thing. 

It could always be a part of the contract to reveal yourself if confronted by an inquisitor...

Don't forget that the kandra have their blessings, a passive use of investure that they can't turn off. A double bronze would probably be able to at least faintly hear something coming from them.

It could always be a part of the contract to reveal yourself if confronted by an inquisitor...

Don't forget that the kandra have their blessings, a passive use of investure that they can't turn off. A double bronze would probably be able to at least faintly hear something coming from them.

Vin couldn't, or at least it was never mentioned.

I imagine it would be pretty faint, but now that you mention it, TenSoon had four spikes, so she probably would have heard him. So that's yet one more theory down the garbage disposal.

Double steel just barely enough to see the spikes but not affect them? Maybe some innate ability for creatures of Ruin to spot one another?

Maybe the secret is to simply burn bronze with duralumin? Vin never tried that.

Actually she did.  It was during Well of Ascension.  Breeze was soothing Elend to make him more confident and she used duralumin enhanced bronze to detect what emotions specifically he was soothing.

As for the question at hand, I think it is either hemalurgic constructs can instinctively detect other hemalurgic constructs or it is a part of the Kandra contract to reveal themselves to inquisitors.

Edited by WeiryWriter

Actually she did.  It was during Well of Ascension.  Breeze was soothing Elend to make him more confident and she used duralumin enhanced bronze to detect what emotions specifically he was soothing.

As for the question at hand, I think it is either hemalurgic constructs can instinctively detect other hemalurgic constructs or it is a part of the Kandra contract to reveal themselves to inquisitors.

Are you sure that was Duralumin-enhanced? I thought that was simply her using Marsh's training coupled with her Bronze-spike earring, thought it's been several months at least since I read Mistborn.

Are you sure that was Duralumin-enhanced? I thought that was simply her using Marsh's training coupled with her Bronze-spike earring, thought it's been several months at least since I read Mistborn.

Yeah, it was duralumin. Powerful enough to sense what emotion he was manipulating.

Yeah, it was duralumin. Powerful enough to sense what emotion he was manipulating.

Marsh told Vin that it was possible to detect what emotions soothers/rioters are targeting, and Marsh didn't have duralumin or even double bronze.

And even if that did happen like you said, was a kandra even around at the time? Even if so, Vin was paying attention to Elend as you said, so she might have missed the kandra beat.