I don't have a kindle. Or any amazon thingy. Or an Amazon account. I'm hoping I can convince my Dad to get it on Audible sometime.

I don't know about your local library, but mine has an ebook copy as well as something called OverDrive. It basically allows you to download ebooks and read them on your browser, rather than to a Kindle or iPhone. (Alternatively, if you have a smartphone, it'd probably be possible to download a Kindle app for free and do it that way.) 

I don't know about your local library, but mine has an ebook copy as well as something called OverDrive. It basically allows you to download ebooks and read them on your browser, rather than to a Kindle or iPhone. (Alternatively, if you have a smartphone, it'd probably be possible to download a Kindle app for free and do it that way.) 

And worst case there's always the option of selling your internal organs so you can afford a means of reading the short story. :mellow: What, to extreme? :ph34r:

I don't have a kindle. Or any amazon thingy. Or an Amazon account. I'm hoping I can convince my Dad to get it on Audible sometime.

The interwebs has a kindle reader you can use, plus any smart device (except maybe windows phones) has a kindle app that you can use to read and purchase.

Yeah, it's just between paying $2 for the book on kindle, tied to my dads account, or pay 1 credit I believe, (which my Dad is occasionally looking for ways to spend anyway.) and get it on any device I want.

Also waiting to get Legion and Legion: Skin Deep by same method.

Edited by Bridge Boy

Yeah, it's just between paying $2 for the book on kindle, tied to my dads account, or pay 1 credit I believe, (which my Dad is occasionally looking for ways to spend anyway.) and get it on any device I want.

Also waiting to get Legion and Legion: Skin Deep by same method.

If you're in my area, the library might not be your best option. 

See, I did a book talk, which is basically a trailer for a book you like, back during my internship with a public library. Months later, all copies of Steelheart and Firefight are on hold (there's one ebook copy of the latter with 22 holds on it) and Mitosis is also on hold. 

And I haven't been able to find anything by Brandon in my public library lately, either, when before that book talk there was almost always a copy of Words of Radiance and one of The Emperor's Soul on the shelf at my library. 

Oopsie doopsies? :mellow: 

Very small library where I live, only has a few of Brandons books. WoK, and the last three WoT books. which do me no good, without the first 10. And I saw those books a few years back, so I don't know if they still have them or not. With anywhere from 2 to 4 little ones mroe than happy to rip, shred, drool, devour, etc. books, we don't go to the library much.

This is why I'm grateful for my job: I can buy Brandon books with dollars instead of organs. :P

I'm sure that in the worst case scenario you could use your shipping magic to work as a world renowned match maker. :P

If you're in my area, the library might not be your best option. 

See, I did a book talk, which is basically a trailer for a book you like, back during my internship with a public library. Months later, all copies of Steelheart and Firefight are on hold (there's one ebook copy of the latter with 22 holds on it) and Mitosis is also on hold. 

And I haven't been able to find anything by Brandon in my public library lately, either, when before that book talk there was almost always a copy of Words of Radiance and one of The Emperor's Soul on the shelf at my library. 

Oopsie doopsies? :mellow:

You made Brandon's books more popular, how dare you. :angry::huh::lol:

I'm sure that in the worst case scenario you could use your shipping magic to work as a world renowned match maker. :P

You made Brandon's books more popular, how dare you. :angry::huh::lol:

I might have to tone it down IRL, though. I doubt many people would be pleased if I told them their one true love was an undead raptor. :P 

Yeah….I wasn't expecting it to go on this long, to be honest. Not that Brandon's books aren't amazing, because they are, but it's been a good five months now, and I haven't been able to find a copy of Steelheart in my local library in all that time. And I haven't even seen a copy of Firefight on the shelf since it was published. 

I might have to tone it down IRL, though. I doubt many people would be pleased if I told them their one true love was an undead raptor. :P

Yeah….I wasn't expecting it to go on this long, to be honest. Not that Brandon's books aren't amazing, because they are, but it's been a good five months now, and I haven't been able to find a copy of Steelheart in my local library in all that time. And I haven't even seen a copy of Firefight on the shelf since it was published. 

If you can show me an undead raptor in real life you're never going to have to worry about money ever again. :P Plus ther've been sensible pairings. like Voidgaze and Big Al and maybe NathanxSunburst.. I never quite got how much of that was a joke.

Twi, your one of those trendsetters aren't you?

If you can show me an undead raptor in real life you're never going to have to worry about money ever again. :P Plus ther've been sensible pairings. like Voidgaze and Big Al and maybe NathanxSunburst.. I never quite got how much of that was a joke.

Twi, your one of those trendsetters aren't you?

NathanXSunburst or NathanXRevolution? NathanXSunburst might not work for long, but NathanXRevolution would totally last, even after Funtimes banished them both to the Sock Puppet Dimension. :P 

Apparently without meaning to be. :huh: To me, I was just standing up there, going "Look at this awesome book I liked! I think you'll like it too!" and I guess they all liked it enough to tell their friends. 

NathanXSunburst or NathanXRevolution? NathanXSunburst might not work for long, but NathanXRevolution would totally last, even after Funtimes banished them both to the Sock Puppet Dimension. :P

Apparently without meaning to be. :huh: To me, I was just standing up there, going "Look at this awesome book I liked! I think you'll like it too!" and I guess they all liked it enough to tell their friends. 

Well her name already is Revolution Sunburst Jones, so I can totally call her that if I want to. :P And if that pairing is going to work, quick post ship-tease in the cottage before Funtimes returns! :ph34r:

I supposse that's a side effect of being awesome,madame let's start an RP. ;)

Edited by Edgedancer

Well her name already is Revolution Sunburst Jones, so I can totally call her that if I want to. :P And if that pairing is going to work, quick post ship-tease in the cottage before Funtimes returns! :ph34r:

One would almost accuse you of trying to break Funtimes' heart and usher in an age of dark!Funtimes. :ph34r::P

One would almost accuse you of trying to break Funtimes' heart and usher in an age of dark!Funtimes. :ph34r::P

Maybe. :ph34r: Or maybe I'm just an innocent servant of fictonal love and find the shipping adorable. B)

No, you want to see Nathan usher in a Golden Age during his glorious reign as Hand-God of the Northern Climes. :ph34r::P 

No, you want to see Nathan usher in a Golden Age during his glorious reign as Hand-God of the Northern Climes. :ph34r::P

From this the only logical conclusion is that Edgedancer is actually a socket puppet, wishing to summon Nathan to his dimension to solve the pitiful sock economy crisis. :P

(Nathan x Revolution would crush current plans like a tractor running over a pile of Christmas ornaments. :P Granted, I'm not entirely sure whether all our plans are still applicable, but still.)

What did I tell you about revealing my true motivation Twi? Do you seek to foil my ploys at ervery passing moment?

From this the only logical conclusion is that Edgedancer is actually a socket puppet, wishing to summon Nathan to his dimension to solve the pitiful sock economy crisis. :P

(Nathan x Revolution would crush current plans like a tractor running over a pile of Christmas ornaments. :P Granted, I'm not entirely sure whether all our plans are still applicable, but still.)

….

Did you hear that? That was the sound of everything suddenly making perfect sense. :o 

(Yes. Yes, they would. And the destruction would be shiny, but it'd be hard to hang the ornaments on the tree….and touching them would cut your hand, and….where was I going again?) 

Please would a sock have this kind of implicable mind. Would a sock not beg you to put your hand in it and guid my every action, so my will may become yours and our union absolute? If I were something as marvelous as a sock puppet wouldn't I... remember where I was going with this? :huh::P

Kobold. Never! Have! Plans! Otherwise insanity can't rule! :P Especially if the results are so... charismatic.

Please would a sock have this kind of implicable mind. Would a sock not beg you to put your hand in it and guid my every action, so my will may become yours and our union absolute? If I were something as marvelous as a sock puppet wouldn't I... remember where I was going with this? :huh::P

Kobold. Never! Have! Plans! Otherwise insanity can't rule! :P Especially if the results are so... charismatic.

Kobold King…of the sock puppets? :huh: 

You're right. I should scrap my plans to have Protector Pug bring the Unicyclist an actual Shardblade. I'm still not sure how that would've worked out anyway. :ph34r::P 

Kobold King…of the sock puppets? :huh:

You're right. I should scrap my plans to have Protector Pug bring the Unicyclist an actual Shardblade. I'm still not sure how that would've worked out anyway. :ph34r::P

:ph34r: I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of Twi's statement. RAFO, ASAP, BYOB, etc. :ph34r:

And my plans of Sam stumbling across Nightblood on the next game day should also be scrapped, I suppose. :(:P