Noooo, I had a huge analysis post, but then it died.  q.q

Basically, Alvron is not a lawman (that is pretty universal) because Joe was trying so hard to get him lynched. (round 2/3)

blah, bla, blah, Votes, pokes n' guns.

We'd have to take a huge gamble to try to get a lawman (hopefully the last one) if we have to chose between Winter and Emerald probably one is a lawman.

Clanky said almost the same stuff about Karlin and Ostrich that makes it sound like they're suspicious, but I doubt either of them are evil.

Cycle 5

"So," the shadowy man said. "Here we are again. Who wants to say something first?"

Ralon sighed. "You know what we're going to say. Only reason you're here is because you know there's no escape."

"Wrong," The Suspicious Man laughed a little. "I am here because I'm not going to run from people like you. It's as simple as that. When I took the badge..." His hand tapped the badge on his shirt. "Well... I took an oath. An oath to pursue criminal scum like you anywhere and everywhere. And, well... Here I am. This is where I want to be. So why would I run?"

"You haven't been wearing that under your coat all this time, have you? Really?" Nifergo asked, in a bemused tone.

"As I said, I'm not afraid of you all," The Suspicious Man shrugged.

"Admirable, I suppose," The Doctor commented. "But bravery and stupidity are often hard to distinguish between."

"Well, will you choose brave stupidity, or smart cowardice?" He asked. "I'll tell you a truth, between me and my boys, we have the numbers to take you out. So, are you going to come quietly, and let us arrest you? Or are we going to have to deliver justice in the form of a bullet rather than a Cell? Either's fine by me."

There was silence as every man there (and the woman) considered their position. "If we're arrested, we're only going to face the noose anyway," Cloud' eventually said slowly as she thought about it. "You're telling us to die here or to die later. Seems to me that the choice you offer is no choice at all."

"Seems you have your answer," Ralon said, his mouth tugging up into a small, grim smile. "Looks to me like you're bluffing, trying to save your own sorry hide. We're not playing your game."

The Suspicious Man suspiciously reached into his pocket, and then there was a pistol pointed at the group. "Well, well, looks like I've got an ace in my pocket. So, we're going to do this nice and slow, alright? No sudden movements, no-one gets hurt."

"Except you." Karlin's knife cut across the Suspicious Man's throat from behind. The Suspicious Man's hand went up, almost in a trance-like state, to feel the deep cut that was oozing blood. His legs lost their strength and he keeled over. The gun went off as he hit the floor, though it hit no-one.

Karlin gave the Suspicious Man's body a kick, and then he grinned up at the group. "So... What'd I miss?"

Ralon returned to his room. He locked his door, then double locked it, then triple locked it. They had killed two Lawmen. True, it was not the first this group had killed - Warn had particularly liked to try and shoot their helmets off - but they weren't locked away with a load of them too. He was not going to take chances, not when he'd survived this long.

He looked over to his bed, and then hesitated. He crouched down, slowly. Warn was killed by someone hiding under his bed, wasn't he? He looked under the bed. Was that a glint of metal? He jumped back. No, it wasn't. He was safe, he was fine. He wasn't going to be killed today.

He stripped off and got into his bed, hoping that if he slept, he might wake to find the whole mess solved. Hm, strange. His bed was rather lumpy today. He turned around and found himself face-to-face with a fully dressed Lawman.

"...Bet you didn't expect to find me here. Well, needs must." A gun found itself pressed against Ralon's neck. Then the trigger was pulled. In the haze of the moment, Ralon's last thoughts were that he really didn't want to be the one to clean the blood off his linen...

Doctor Cloud' Wintre was reading on her bed when there was a knock on the door.

"Doctor?" A muffled voice said from outside. "We've got a situation. Ralon's been wounded. We kind of need someone to look at him."

"Ralon?" Cloud' asked, stopping her writing as she thought. Well, he was being rather outspoken, only made sense that he would be next to be targeted. "Well... I'm not exactly a medical doctor. Can't someone else look at it?"

"Would you trust the other two doctors? Besides, they said the same thing."

Cloud' sighed. Half a dozen doctors in this crew, and not one a medic. "Very well, I suppose I can have a brief look... For Ralon's sake." She opened her door.

"Thanks. This way," he said, gesturing with a hand down the corridor. "After you ma'am."

"Thank you," Cloud' said. And they said chivalry was dead. You could even find it down here, in a hive of scum and villainy. Then she realised it was probably a little less chivalrous than it seemed. The bullet placed in her back suggested that. Her face hit the ground, but she wasn't dead yet.

"Still breathing?" her attacker asked. "Well, can't have you surviving long enough to tell anyone you saw me..." He said. He put a foot on her back, pressing down where the bullet entered her. She gave out a groan of pain, unable to muster the strength to shout for help. "Sorry about this," he said, as he aimed at her neck and fired again.

The Suspicious Man (The Only Joe) was lynched! He was a Suspicious Lawman.

The Suspicious Man (5): Ralon, Karlin, Doctor McNinja, Nifergo, Mr John Smith

Ralon was killed! He was a Scoundrel.
Doctor Cloud' Wintre was killed! She was a Scoundrel.

Cycle 5 begins! It will end at 9PM GMT, on Friday the 24nd.

Dramatis Personae

1. Doctor Cloud' Wintre (Winter Cloud) - A Tall Backstabber - Scoundrel
  2. Dr. Nowko Lestibournes (Wonko the Sane) - An Indirect Descendant of The Lord Mistborn('s Friend) - Scoundrel
  3. Arnad Ladrian (Araris Valerian) - A Short Fellow Outlaw - Scoundrel Lurcher
  4. Ralon (Alvron) - A Rusting Soother - Scoundrel
  5. Doc Piffington (Lord Pifferdoo) - A Different Kind of Doctor - Scoundrel Rioter
  6. Dr Rab Heatherlocke (Haelbarde) - A Man With a Lawman's Doctor's Badge (Maybe Not His Own) - Scoundrel Seeker
  7. Dr Is Axe? (phattemer) - A Doctor With an Axe (Possibly His) - Scoundrel Spinner
  8. Jain (Lightsworn Panda) - A Panda with a PhD (Which is His) - Lawman Lurcher
  9. Suspicious Man (The Only Joe) - A Suspicious Man (Who is Definitely Possibly a Doctor) - Lawman
  10. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren) - A Blade-loving Mercenary
  11. The Doctor (ostrichofevil) - Yes, He Is That Doctor
  12. Doctor McNinja (Clanky) - A Suspiciously Scottish Man
  13. Dowc Holliday (dowanx) - An Adherent to a Theme - Scoundrel Lurcher
  14. Nifergo (Feligon) - A Lawman, But May Not Be The One You Are Looking For
  15. Marl (Mailliw73) - A Worthless Outlaw - Scoundrel Koloss-Blooded
  16. Mr John Smith (Emerald101) - An Average Man
  17. Doctor Walin (spencer12347) - A Doctor - Scoundrel Tineye
Edited by Alvron

Yay, Joe's dead, so hopefully there is only one Lawman left, I'm going to be inactive for about the next 24 hours because I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed.  

Dang, Alvron died too?  He was the only one I could trust :(

I also got pulsed. So either Emerald is lying or their is only one person with a vote this cycle. Interesting. The game is in your hands sole voter.

Also sorrry about Winter I was most confident that Winter was a lawman. Well I guess at least we were all right about Alvron.(I know , I know I am just trying to be positive about this ok?)

...really?

Am I the only one with a vote?  Uh, wow.  Hmm.  This is a lot of pressure...

Like I said before, if Winter isn't a lawman, then Emerald must be one.  Hopefully, he is the last one, otherwise, it's a coin toss:

the last lawman and the last scoundrel would face off for the most epic duel of the game.

Edit: said dual instead of duel

Edit 2: geez, I forgot about both extra kills (noob).  I have the smoking gun, obvious, since everyone else is being pulsed, I get it.  I'm not going to shoot anyone with it, I'm trying to stall the game.

That being said: I have reason to believe that ostrich and rainspren are the pulsers (thank you for helping), so I don't think I will attack them, unless one is the fourth lawman (hoping that's not a thing :I ).  If it comes to that, I'll want everyone I can get to be active, that's why I'm asking the pulsing to stop next round, for fear of one the pulsers being a lawman, and taking over the vote because it is 1v1, then we'd have a coin-toss-lynch for the game and then they'd either get the smoking gun (for not pulsing or being pulsed), or might kill me before I can shoot them with said gun.

Ask for clarification if you need any, I tried to explain the best I could,but i don't think it came out very well.

Edited by Feligon

You can't discard the possibility that Clanky is pulsing me, or vice-versa, and that ostrichofevil and surgebound rainspren still have votes and stuff. Additionally, If I either clanky or I were a lawman, then you could choose not to vote, and then if nobody gets lawman killed, then you know one of us a lawman.

Edit: I'll go ahead and vote for The Doctor (ostrichofevil) to prove that I am being pulsed

Edited by Emerald101

I feel like at this point I can reveal my powers to people. I am an archivist I spent most of the time defending myself. I did however try and save Alvron last cycle but as was suspected it seems like the Lawmen have a Spinner. Also feligon if you don't use the Smoking gun you know you die right? I still would like to hear from Karlin and Ostrich since if Emerald is a pulser you may still have votes.

Rust.  I'd ask for volunteers but, I know that probably won't happen.  I could just try to take out someone else I suspect might be a Lawman if there is another (it will still be a victory if you die).  I'm not so sure at this point, though.  I feel so pressured, like the whole game is on my shoulders.  Considering I'm the only one that can do anything (all that pulsing), that's probably an accurate statement.  Even if I mess up the shot, and if there's another lawman, it will still be 2v1.  (I doubt there is more than four).

Another? Excuse me? I'll admit that I'm the pulser, but I've honestly been pulsing those I thought might be lawmen. You're making a mistake by kiling me.

Edit: spelling

Edit2: storms, that makes me look guilty. Really, though, you're killing an ally.

Edited by Emerald101

Ah so it comes out that the pulsed is actually the pulser. Yes I agree that it does make you look guilty. So if it was you who pulsed me then there may be two other voters out there. That would be Karlin and Ostrich since they both seem to be avoiding saying anything I might be a little suspicious of them. They have also both been online since we thought that only feligon had a vote and didn't correct us. I think you may have the wrong guy fel.

Didn't you say that either winter or emerald was a Lawman?  

I admit that being the last lawman and pulsing someone would be a bad move because you wouldn't get the kill or have a chance for the gun.

I want to hear from Rainspren and Ostrich before I make any more decisions.  Emerald could be lying about being a pulser.

edit: And if neither of them are being pulsed, I got "lucky" and got the smoking gun, which, I not sure what to do with at this point.

Edited by Feligon

Final Cycle

When Nifergo entered the cavern the next day, he was greeted by a rather amusing sight.

John Smith and McNinja were standing opposite each other, eyes locked in a deadly staring game. The air around them shimmered slightly, before returning to normal. "Oh, it's a cadmium bubble," Nifergo said, as comprehension dawned on him. He nodded to himself a little, and wondered if he should find a seat to watch it. Well, it wasn't as if there was any other entertainment here. The only other way he could occupy himself would be if he tried to dig at the cave-in at the entrance, which - while useful - was very dull.

Then the white-coated man in the mask pushed off from the ground, very slowly, a sword in his hand. He hung in mid air, as though held there by invisible ropes, before descending, blade headed for Mister Smith's neck. 'Where did McNinja get a sword from?', Nifergo wondered.

But no, he had more important things to deal with right now. However fast McNinja was, John was ready for him before he'd even sprung the attack. His hand was already drawing his revolver, his eyes locked on where McNinja would land. It was almost comical how slow the scene played out.

Nifergo drew his own gun from its holster and aimed, taking his time. He could afford to, after all. He tapped a bit of luck, and fired. The bullet struck the field and then slowly down instantly, as though it were suddenly flying through water. As it hit the boundary, it refracted off its original path. John brought his gun level, prepared to aim, drew his finger back...

...And the bullet struck him in the shoulder. He fired, the bullet missing wildly even as McNinja landed. The doctor's sword struck the side of his neck, off-target thanks to John's unexpected movement. But it was enough. John hit the ground, blood trailing from his throat. He was still alive, enough to raise his gun again, but by then, McNinja was already exiting the bubble.

"Aren't you worried he's going to drop it and shoot you?" Nifergo asked.

McNinja shrugged. "Why would he? The longer he leaves it up, the longer he survives in our time. The more chance there is someone will come to help him." The gun fired behind them, the noise drawn out to their ears. "Besides, he'd never be lucky enough to hit me from this dist-" He swore suddenly as the bullet hit his foot. He collapsed to the ground, holding his foot and letting out more curses. "Bastard shot me in the foot! Dammit! Nifergo, get this bullet out of me!"

Nifergo gave him a disappointed look. "Physician, heal thyself, and so on. Come on," he said, pulling McNinja to one foot. "Let's get you out of here before he can try again. I'll finish up here."

For a man who got up every day to painstakingly apply makeup to himself to make himself look normal, The Doctor was disappointingly asleep when Nifergo visited him that night. More of his luck, Nifergo supposed. Even if it was a bit anticlimactic. Though he'd rather not get into a scuffle with a Koloss, even if this one was a bit young.

He decided to use both guns for this. It was not a good idea to underestimate his target this late in the game, no matter how simple it seemed. He couldn't help but thing of this as a game, if a high-stakes one. A consequence of his Feruchemy, he supposed. And while he might play games, while he might see things in terms of risks and rewards... He didn't like to gamble.

Both guns were placed under The Doctor's throat. The Doctor stirred, started to open an eye, and Nifergo pulled the trigger. It was messy, but at least it was quick.

One last person left. Another dangerous one, this one a mercenary. A man trained to kill, rather than just being biologically more capable of doing so. That made him seem much more dangerous to Nifergo, for some reason. Well, his disposal of the Suspicious Man was proof enough of that. Clean knife-work. Disturbingly so.

Slowly opening the bedroom, Nifergo looked in. When he saw no-one inside, he crept in further. Something heavy fell on him from above, something human. "Got you, you damned copper!" Karlin shouted, as his knife struck through Nifergo's right shoulder.

Nifergo let out an exclamation of pain and rolled over, trying to pin Karlin under him instead. This was not good, not good at all. He had no weapons suitable for a melee, while Karlin had a very sharp - and now very bloody - knife. This was not good.

He hit the wall as he rolled, failing to reverse the grapple between them. He was now on his back, looking up at Karlin. There was murder in the mercenary's eyes, but something was different too. There was a sense of desperation there too. He was almost manic.

Karlin's dagger came down, on the same shoulder he'd wounded while Nifergo was face down in the dirt. "I'm not going to make this quick, lawman. You'll spill your guts before I spill your guts, yeah?" Another slash on his shoulder. Nifergo's clothes were stained with red, but the adrenaline stopped him feeling the pain of his open wounds.

Nifergo tapped his luck again, and the fourth strike went for his left shoulder instead. He struggled, trying to push himself up to throw off Karlin's strike. Rather than tearing into his chest, the knife glanced off the lawman's badge in his pocket. It surprised Karlin, made him pause. Nifergo used the opportunity to kick Karlin in the groin, and made an attempt for safety.

Karlin wasn't one to be put off by that though. He grabbed for Nifergo, even through the pain, and managed to pull on his belt. A pair of revolvers slid out of the holsters, across the floor. They looked at each other. Nifergo leapt for the nearest gun. Karlin leapt for Nifergo.

Even as Nifergo's hand closed around the handle, Karlin was on his arm with his dive. There was a snap inside Nifergo's arm, and his hand went limp. Karlin picked the gun up himself, and slowly stood up. He spat a little blood and a tooth out from when he hit the floor, and grinned at Nifergo.

"Looks like this is the end for you, lawman," he said, flashing a bloody smile at the hunter who had become the hunted. His foot came down on Nifergo's back to stop him moving, and the gun aimed at his head. "Any last words?" He didn't give Nifergo a chance to reply. "Too bad!" He pulled the trigger, and his hand exploded. Karlin fell backwards, cradling his hands to his chest.

Nifergo picked the other gun up and levelled it at Karlin. "You should've let me finish. My last words would have been 'I'm still tapping luck.'" He put a bullet in Karlin's chest, and left the body to the earth.

When Nifergo returned to where he left McNinja, he found the man bandaging himself up gingerly on a seat. He gave him the secret policeman handshake and sat down beside him.

"I'm not a doctor or anything, but isn't it unhygenic to do that in the kitchen?" Nifergo asked.

McNinja shrugged. "Well, not like we're going to eat in here. Best to leave as quickly as possible. It'll take us a bit of time to dig through the rubble. Well, you, I suppose. I can't exactly dig like this. Is Smith dead yet?"

Nifergo nodded. "Either he run out of cadmium, or he realised it was all futile. One way or another, his soul's with Ironeyes now. I need a bit of bandaging up too, for that matter. Crazy mercenary almost killed me."

"It happens," McNinja said with a small smile as he took out another set of bandages.

It took Nifergo what felt like the rest of the day to shift the last of the rubble - clearly it wasn't quite as bad as they had thought - with some help from the injured doctor, but all the physical strain he had endured was just washed away when he saw daylight outside for the first time in almost a week.

"It's a pity about the other two, but we knew this was high risk when we signed up for this. Should be worth a pretty commendation, don't you think? Might even get a bit more money as well," Nifergo said as he finished moving the last rock out of the way so they could leave safely. "Job well done and all that."

"But killing thieves was pretty lucrative anyway, right?" McNinja asked. "Certainly think that taking out these thieves single-handedly would be worth a promotion though."

"I wouldn't say single handed really," Nifergo shrugged. "I mean, that weird guy took out one, and we all tricked them into killing each other..." he trailed off when he felt something metallic placed against his neck.

"That's not really what I meant," McNinja said.

"What?" Nifergo asked, not daring to look around. "But- that's not what we signed up for! We're Lawmen! What happened to upholding the law?" He tapped into his chromiummind, and found nothing.

"In this place, with this finely crafted gun pointed at you... I am the law," McNinja replied. He pulled the trigger. Nifergo's luck had run out.

One hundred and fourteen boxings. It had taken him quite some time to count up the contents of Nifergo's purse. Didn't help that they were all of different denominations. Still, combined with the fourteen he already had... Well, it made a pretty nice bit of danger-pay. Add in the fact that he had the crew's other spoils to come back for as well, and the very likely possibility of promotion...

He picked up a plank of damaged wood from one of the crates damaged a week ago in the cave in, and used it to prop himself up. Walking forward, using it as a walking stick, he ventured out into the open air again. It was sunrise. Smiling to himself, he started to make his way back to the station, coins jangling in his full pocket with every step.

Who said that crime didn't pay?

The Scoundrels fought the Lawmen, and the Lawmen won!

Sorry Nifergo about killing you there at the end, even if you did actually survive the game. I just felt you were hogging the spotlight just a little this Cycle, so had to do something to put McNinja back in :P.

Dramatis Personae

1. Doctor Cloud' Wintre (Winter Cloud) - A Tall Backstabber - Scoundrel
  2. Dr. Nowko Lestibournes (Wonko the Sane) - An Indirect Descendant of The Lord Mistborn('s Friend) - Scoundrel
  3. Arnad Ladrian (Araris Valerian) - A Short Fellow Outlaw - Scoundrel Lurcher
  4. Ralon (Alvron) - A Rusting Soother - Scoundrel
  5. Doc Piffington (Lord Pifferdoo) - A Different Kind of Doctor - Scoundrel Rioter
  6. Dr Rab Heatherlocke (Haelbarde) - A Man With a Lawman's Doctor's Badge (Maybe Not His Own) - Scoundrel Seeker
  7. Dr Is Axe? (phattemer) - A Doctor With an Axe (Possibly His) - Scoundrel Spinner
  8. Jain (Lightsworn Panda) - A  Panda with a PhD in Criminology (Which is His) - Lawman Lurcher
  9. Suspicious Man (The Only Joe) - A Suspicious Policeman (Who is Definitely Possibly a Doctor) - Lawman
  10. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren) - A Blade-loving Mercenary - Scoundrel
  11. The Doctor (ostrichofevil) - Yes, He Is That Doctor - Scoundrel Koloss Blooded
  12. Doctor McNinja (Clanky) - A Suspiciously Lawful Scotsman - Lawman Archivist
  13. Dowc Holliday (dowanx) - An Adherent to a Theme - Scoundrel Lurcher
  14. Nifergo (Feligon) - A Lawman, Who Is Actually The One You Are Looking For - Lawman Spinner
  15. Marl (Mailliw73) - A Worthless Outlaw - Scoundrel Koloss-Blooded
  16. Mr John Smith (Emerald101) - An Average Man - Scoundrel Pulser
  17. Doctor Walin (spencer12347) - A Doctor - Scoundrel Tineye

Master Spreadsheet
Speculator Doc
Eliminator Doc
Dead Doc

GM's analysis of the game will be uploaded tomorrow. Thank you all for playing. I hope you had fun :)

Edited by Alvron

Dang, flabbit, I was so filthy rich too!  114 coins isn't bad.

I had 6 total kills:

Mailliw

Marl

Haelbarde

Ostrich

Karlin

technically emerald, because I was the only one voting.

That felt good, I am the law.  Also, Clanky was being pulsed, so he couldn't kill me, and I said I'd share.

So... As it turns out, letting an out-and-out lawman live in our base, on the grounds that 'oh, he's totally harmless', was a bad plan.

Who'da thought?

EDIT: Also, there was a dead doc? Huh.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

So... As it turns out, letting an out-and-out lawman live in our base, on the grounds that 'oh, he's totally harmless', was a bad plan.

Who'da thought?

EDIT: Also, there was a dead doc? Huh.

As it was pointed out to me on both Spec, Eliminator and (I think) Dead Docs that our four Lawmen were... A Suspicious Man, a Suspicious Scottish Man, a Lawman, and a Suspicious Panda. All coincidental, but weird :P.

Also, if I didn't give you a link to the dead doc, I apologise. Not too important, just a place to discuss the game after people have died.