The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Hey guys! Today (June 28 here in the Philippines) is Tau Day! As a tauist, allow me to evangelizepromote the Way of the Tau. Please read the Tau Manifesto to learn all sorts of cool facts about the circle constant. Or watch the video Pi is (still) Wrong by mathemusician Vi Hart. Or read our very own Chaos's post in praise of tau.

Today I'll be eating pies in pairs, because the central dogma of tauism is that there are two pis in tau. You guys should do the same! *omnomnomnom*

Edited by skaa

I just pre-ordered Calamity for my Kindle. :D It will be auto-delivered to my device on February 16th. Give or take a week, according to Peter Ahlstrom. 

And now, I wait. 

kepy.gif

I'm sure we'll find something to occupy our time until then.

1336874668441.gif

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning! B)

Should ev seen/smelled my neighborhood on the 3rd and 4th then. There was so much smoke in the air that when things went off everything glowed 5 times as bright with the colors dancing in the vapor.

Nice! Which ones?

Calculus BC and Lit&Comp. =D I was pretty sure I'd get at least a 4 on the latter, but the best I was expecting on calc was a 3. xD

i have to wait till Thursday till i get to see my AP scores. i am dying from the anticipation.

Heh, yeah, I found out the release date like a week ago and I've been dying by inches since. I hope they're great! Which tests did you do?

I went and got myself a pixie cut and I LOOK. SO GREAT.

I might post a pic in the what do you look like thread I LOVE IT. SO HAPPY.

Awesome! Glad you're happy! :D

Whatever you feel comfortable with. I'd most certainly upvote it. :):ph34r:

I got 5 on both of my AP tests!!! An answer to prayer.

Good for you! :D

We've had a well-loved cat missing for a few days--one certain Sergeant Zimmykins, a fluffy black cat who's extremely sweet but not very outdoors-capable. We were seriously worried that she'd been nabbed by a coyote, but this morning she interrupted me with a meow while I was praying for her safe return.

I extraordinarily delighted and relieved. :D

Awesome! Glad you're happy! :D

Whatever you feel comfortable with. I'd most certainly upvote it. :):ph34r:

Good for you! :D

We've had a well-loved cat missing for a few days--one certain Sergeant Zimmykins, a fluffy black cat who's extremely sweet but not very outdoors-capable. We were seriously worried that she'd been nabbed by a coyote, but this morning she interrupted me with a meow while I was praying for her safe return.

I extraordinarily delighted and relieved. :D

I'd upvote this, but quota.  <_<