Join The Hazekillers They Said...see The Cosmere They Said...

I am a Hazekiller for reals now! (I just can't have too many more upvotes :) )

My team just discovered DNA! (that's era-appropriate, right?) We are now working on finding the differences between our captive allomancer foes and ourselves in the Lab.

Discoveries may lead to Technologies.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all Hazekillers! (see thread in mistborn)

We have no country. We hold no allegiances. The thing that unites us...is our desire to destroy those who would use the metallic arts for evil.

We will outsmart them. We will be ruthless. We will turn the very powers they rely upon into their bane.

Membership requires only two things...that you share your knowledge of hazekilling weapons and techniques on this thread...and that you wear a hat made from this! (holds up a roll of aluminum foil)

Join the ranks of the Hazekiller Corp and together we will rid the cosmere of evil, metal fueled, supervillans! (oddly specific I know...)

MEMBERS:                                             WOLFHOUNDS:

-Hoidhunter (founder)                         The Lord Drooler- Seeker / Thug / Bloodmaker / Steel Runner

-snoopy 

-Voidus 

-Xaladin                                                The Friendly Detective- Tin compounder / Gold Compounder

-Redbird3000

-Brightness Random 

I'm pretty sure wearing a tinfoil hat would make you being a Hazekiller redundant.

I'm pretty sure wearing a tinfoil hat would make you being a Hazekiller redundant.

Have you read Alloy of law? Aluminium hats are Allomancy proof and block emotional Allomancy, hence why we all get one. Also a Coinshot could deflect a sniper round fairly easily provided they saw it coming. 

That said I wonder if something like a railgun would work since the projectile has a much higher velocity. 

• 2 months later...

My method is a little hard, but also kinda funny. Awaken their mistcloak and command it to strangle them. Escape this with atium, fool!

One would have to be an extremely powerful Awakener to do that without touching the cloak.

• 11 months later...

I propose the idea of a stationary, swingable full-aluminium gun, that has a cylinder inside, and a freely movable ball inside this cylinder. When a coinshot or lurcher tries to push or pull on this ball, the gun automatically swings exactly in their direction and fires. It isn't even necessary to man the gun.

Also, we need to protect the wolfhounds against emotional allomancy.

Edited by Alfa

• 1 year later...

I feel like foil hats would become destroyed in combat, but hey...

Anyway, I tend to use the old fashioned stuff to fight Allomancers, because the technique is the most important part, but I have had a few ideas.

First, Mistborn have Pewter, and therefore the finesse required to use a glass knife more than once, but I've always found it really dumb that we have no equivalent. Because of this frusteration I came up with the idea of making weapons out of bone (Koloss bones, because they are much larger and can therefore be used to make more diverse weapons). With Koloss bone, you could make a one-piece short-sword that would be stronger than (though not quite as sharp as) their piddly knives that would also be fairly lightweight.

Can I have a hat?

• 1 month later...

My preferred weapon is a Macuahuitl. It allows for decently typical swordfighting techniques, while also having some catching ability and being immune to Ironpushing and Steelpulling. In terms of armour, we're entirely outclassed. They're faster than us, stronger than us, and can heal faster than us. For this reason, I prefer stealth. They have the edge over us in senses, it is true, except this makes them cocky and unlikely to notice when those senses fail.. My stealth is supreme, and their observation skills cannot detect me. I would like to request a rank within the Hazekillers.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2015 at 9:36 PM, Redbird said:

Some sort of incendiary weapon would likely kill a pewterarm, and cause a bloodmaker to use large amounts of health. And as a smaller melee type of weapon, a carbon fiber or ceramic blade. 

Like a tactical nuke? Look out, Cosmere! Here I come...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/3/2018 at 8:32 AM, Silva said:

My method may seem cowardly, but it works:

Stalk them all day wearing aluminum hat. Wait till nightfall. Attack while they’re asleep. 

What if they don't sleep?

I want to be a Hazekiller! My preferred weapons are quarterstaff, sling, glass knives. (PS I'm a Mistborn but don't tell anyone ;))

• 2 months later...

Yo, I just saw a link to this in the RoW memes channel (idk how to attach a link to that). I will gladly join the hazekillers in defeating the vile Mistborn. I've got a wooden shield for blocking coins and a pole with a rock on the end. Why a pole with a rock on the end? I shall break the kneecaps of any Allomancer who dares use their power for evil. I will gladly wear the aluminum foil hat of the hazekillers and bring justice to our enemies!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have had a stupid idea and would like to use it as my pitch to join

A modified version of Ranette's coinshot rounds - the ceramic part has a core of aluminium that barely pokes out from the bullet but is still what makes contact first

this wouldn't do much on its own, but the rounds would come with information on aluminium hemalurgy and have an instruction to intend to use the core as a spike

(i also have an arm-mounted stormlight cannon idea but that's still a work in progress and relies on rosharan investiture, so that may not make an appearance here)

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ander Stormwindrunner said:

I shall break the kneecaps of any Allomancer who dares use their power for evil.

I will gladly wear the aluminum foil hat of the hazekillers and bring justice to our enemies!

I shall join in this quest of kneecap breaking

I shall also delight in the donning of my aluminim foil articles of clothing