How annoying.... >.>

What do we even learn from this? There wasn't really any base for suspicion here, all we did was lose a major role. A role he didn't even have time to use! Can we just go one round without trying to kill each other for once? This is exactly what Odium wants us to be doing. Like I said at the start, Lynches at the start of the game can only hinder us, please can we stop doing them now before we lose a shard or worse?

Whoops. Sorry about that. I meant to include that in my post, but my phone is being dumb. Anyway, I think I agree with Unodus, although I did want to ask, what was the reasoning behind your vote, if you don't mind elaborating? Edited by little wilson
I got your back. :P

@leif

The reasoning for my vote was three-fold.

1. Clanky seemed like he was trying to pump me for information.

2. He made several comments that seemed counter to good plans.

3. I think Winter was innocent. I trust her.

@Tulir

I was trying to protect Winter because I trust her.

Other comments:

It seems suspicious that Unodus would vote for someone and then decry lynches.

My vote? Simple, it was getting to the end of the votes, Winter was on the ropes, I had my vote that could save her. 

See, if there's a tie in votes in a lynch, that means that nobody gets lynched that round. By putting my vote up the way the votes were, no one should have died because of the  votes on sarc and winter- but of course, that's when everyone decided to play musical chairs... >.>

I would have changed my vote, but as I said earlier- the transition is overnight for me, there was nothing I could do. 

Edited by Unodus

If I remember right, it had to that Winter was hinting that she had some... Internal information... About the identity of a couple Shardies, know what I'm saying?

The argument was that if Winter had information she wasn't sharing, it must be because she was on team red, if you catch my drift. That was only for a portion of her votes though, the rest were just poking her- because they were suspicious of her arguments, or something.

Don't quote me on that, though- I'm not exactly keeping track of what people are saying. You can just dig it up yourself though, if you go to the main discussion- http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/22914-lg-10-a-game-of-shards/

One quick thing here real quick, while there's nothing exactly wrong with having good times with this game, and making jokes and laughing, but we really should work on making all of our posts in these threads be quality posts -- meaning with sustenance and content.

Looking over this thread, it's 3 pages long, but probably with only a page to a page and a half of actual game discussion. Like I said, I found the tangents and jokes quite hilarious and amusing, and I will be friendly with my upvotes, but we really shouldn't let ourselves get so distracted so easily. That just seems like that's the perfect place for the eliminators to hide this game, since we've already discussed possibly taking out inactives, so they might be less likely to be hiding in there, but they could just then go for the next best thing -- posting, but not really saying anything, just popping in with quick comments and jokes to keep themselves under the radar.

Question: Who all has still be inactive/mostly inactive this game? Because while we did discuss the Ruin-Inacive plan a little bit, that would have been enough to prompt the OCs to not hide in there this game, knowing they could be found while hiding, but the fact that we've kind of stopped talking about those plans, and very well have people who might be sneaking by while not really being active makes me wary that an OC or two could hide back in the inactives. Especially if there's really no longer any threat for them not to. Just something to consider.

Actually, since Odiums goal is to get us to hate each other- won't making jokes and being friendly technically be the best way of resisting his influence...?

No? Just me? Ok... :V

Edited by Unodus

Okay. Back to analysis. 

The Witness is a dangerous role. An OC could claim to be the Witness and blame a good player for the death. So I vote for starting the Ruin Elimination of inactives. But if an inactive comes on and says that they won't be inactive in a few cycles? I think we should let them. Start with people who only posted to sign up. 

If an OC claims to be the witness, won't the real witness say that they are lying? In that scenario, we know one is lying- and the other is telling the truth. We kill one, which is a 50-50%  chance of being right- and if we're wrong, we'll have irrefutable evidence of an OC identity who we can then lynch. I say we stick with the witness plan for now, save the killing for later :V

Basically, yes, an OC witness deception, as I said a while back, would only work once. (Unless they wanted to sacrifice multiple OCs)

1. OC steps up and says that they are the Witness.

2. OC implicates someone.

3. We lynch them.

4. We find out that it's the wrong person.

5. OC is analyzed and killed.

So they would have to sacrifice an OC for that to work. Of course, they might do it for an important Shard.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Are you saying that Devotion would protect herself? I don't think they would try it on Devotion in the first place. In fact, it's an incredibly risky plan for them to use ever.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Snoopy