Pain.

Something must be broken, Riew had landed on his right side, his arm pinned beneath him.  He'd been able to stand up and stumble away from the burning building to safety and watched in a daze as the villagers put it out.

Now though the shock of the previous night had worn away, leaving a pain in his arm.  Probably a hair-line fracture, or at least it felt like the time he'd fallen down a chimney while cleaning it, and got one.  It could've been worse... I could have died!

Riew didn't know what to do, where to go.  After the news of the murder... Well he didn't want to be alone. I should really get this looked at as well... At least it wasn't my left.

He stood up from the wall he had been leaning against in hopes of finding someone who could splint his arm.  [Hopefully one of the PC's knows how?]

Embarrassing as it is, aside from the white text in the first message that says, "Our only weakness is the weakness of all. Our only fear is the fear of all," I can't find anything in the messages. The last one feels like a code or some type of message, but I can't figure it our quite yet. I'll keep working, but anyone else who wants to take a shot, go ahead.

This pseudo-Seeker sounds very curious. Why would someone be randomly guessing roles in PMs? I can't see any reason for it. 

Jasnah, Since you claimed at the beginning that you weren't going to be inactive this game, where are you? But, considering that you haven't logged in since the 28th of december, I'm not voting for you yet. 

Dom, you won the Hunger Games. What say ye?

Dom. Eolhondras. I'd like to know why you've contacted at least four people claiming to know their role. Yes, I was one. I'm very interested in why you're fishing for roles like this as it seems like something only an Eliminator would do. 

Okay.  That's it; too many people are being accused of being a Tineye (or other role).  You are not a Seeker; don't pretend you are (you got my role wrong).  If Eoladdin accuses you of having a role, don't reply!  I think that he is trying to use our reactions to find our roles.

--

EDIT - I didn't realize that Mailliw73 had already posted the same thing.  I'm not retracting my vote, though.

Edited by ostrichofevil

So, question here then is why Eoladdin would contact people in such a way. Curious. Very, very curious... I won't vote for him though, as he has three votes on him so far and I will want an explanation before anything else. That'll probably come when I'm offline, so really try to grill him, people :P

Also, don't mention whether he was right or not here. It's a bad idea to even hint that you have a Role, let alone that you're not X or whatever.

Let's see, we've got 5 people claiming to have been contacted by Eol so far: Lord Pifferdoo, Maill, Mckeedee, Winter Cloud, and OstrichOfEvil.  I find it interesting that most of them are relatively new to the game, other than Maill.  Definitely seems like an attempt to seek a role from a few people, but I don't know why they would've contacted Maill.  I feel like if Eol is Spiked, he's trying to throw a red herring at us somehow, and get some of those 5 to be more trusted, since I don't really know how he could possibly expect to get away with whatever he did.  One way or another, there's something afoot.

Question: Can everyone who received one of these phishing PMs post the time that you received it? Please include your timezone as well, so I can get them all into a standard time.

5 people have claimed to have been contacted by Eol in the thread, but I know of a 6th. Looking at the PM groups, there are no duplicates in the groups either. Not counting Eol's group (which hasn't had anyone step forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them does, considering), there's only one group who is untouched by his trolling.

My reasoning for asking for the time stamps is because he asked a question in the PM, and I want to know if he PM'd people before or after my answer came through. If before, he could just be a troll or he could be evil. If after, it's almost a guarantee he's evil.

Hmm, I might have figured this out.  Basically, I'm thinking that Eoladdin is a Spiked Tineye.

I'm guessing that he contacted some of the most likely suspects to have written one of the other Tineye messages last Night, claiming that he Seeked them as a Tineye (we only have proof from ostrichofevil here), in hopes that one or more of them would've admitted to being a Tineye.  I'm guessing that the plan was supposed to fail miserably (though presumably after one person admitted to being a Tineye), and that Eoladdin would've been lynched, removing one Tineye from the equation (even if he is a Spiked Tineye).  Then, the Spiked would've hoped to have killed a Village Tineye tonight.  Then, they'd somehow stop the last (or maybe they're just a Spiked Mistborn or another Spiked Tineye?), thus shutting down communications.

The main problems with this theory are that it seems awfully early and risky for the Spiked to pull off this kind of stunt.  Perhaps it could be that Eoldren was going to end up like ____ (that was the actual name of the player) in MR 3, and try to get lynched and do something crazy before he had to go inactive?  Any thoughts about this?

Edited by Renegade

I'm also slightly interested in Claincy's slight shift in position. Last major game of this format played was LG5. In LG5, as I've briefly noted above--he commences a long and at times, aggressive/spirited defence of lynch voting to promote discussion against Jim Bob Dirt. You seem to have taken quite a step back from being a proponent of both early lynch voting, and, if need be, lynching, in this game. So, what's up with that?

There's no special reason behind this, I've just been out of the game for 6 months and it turns out that my memory of the strategies and reasoning isn't as solid as I thought it was :(

Having reread those reasons, past me has convinced future me and I'll shift back to my old stance. Thanks for bringing that up Kas :)(I do think that I was a little more aggressive in some of those later posts than I would have liked. :/)

My gut says that Eolhondras isn't spiked. The chance of a set of messages like this actually bearing fruit seems fairly low and painting a target on yourself for a low chance of finding a tineye seems a bad plan. True it seems a bad plan whether he is a villager or a spiked, but if he was spiked I think some of the other spiked would have pointed out the flaws in his plan. Unless they're trying to wipe out the tineyes altogether to prevent PMs, which is a difficult plan to pull off given that there are probably 2-3 tineyes and even then the odds that he would get all of them are terrible. I just don't see the tradeoff of a spiked being worthwhile to them this early in the game. I think it is more likely that he is a villager and this was a poorly thought-through plan. I dunno, I'm not convinced. I think the best case for the spiked with this plan would be that they discovered the identity of a single tineye in exchange for losing one of their members. If Eolhondras is a spiked tineye that would change the equation somewhat. Even then it seems like a rather brash and risky action. My feeling at the moment is that he isn't, but I'm less than certain.

We still have several hours left for more information to come up and for Eolhondras to speak up, so for now I'm going to shift my finger pointing into an actual vote for Joe. He has been online but he hasn't posted and I still have plenty of time to change it if circumstances change.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I actually Haven't been online until Now, but 17th Shard is one of my Homepages, so It looks like I'm online a lot more than I am. I'm still working on Homework, So I won't be on much more today. Tomorrow I might be more active. I haven't had time to really analyze, only read, so I don't have any suspicions or anyone to call out. Eolhondras contacted me as well.

And I probably won't be posting at all during the night cycles, unless there's an actual debate going on.

Retracting my vote for Joe now that he has posted and given a reason for his absence and instead moving my vote to Dom for the same reasons while we are learning more about the whole Eolhondras situation.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord