Hi! It’s nice to meet y’all! I used to just lurk but not anymore? I’ve read almost all of the cosmere books except for the last two volumes of White Sand and The Sunlit Man, but favorite series is The Stormlight Archive :)

19 hours ago, strmblsd said:

Hello and what is your opinion on hemalurgy?

It's a really interesting magic system! I think the concept of gaining powers by stealing part of someone's soul is fascinating. Morally though, I don't think it's inherently evil or wrong. Not the best comparison, but you could compare the morality of Hemalurgy to something like voluntary euthanasia? Some people oppose the latter because it ends in death and contributing to it is morally wrong. But if there's consent, I don't see the issue. Since Allomancy and Feruchemy have diluted in power in Era 2, Hemalurgy could be beneficial to passing down those abilities.

13 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hey there! Welcome to the Shard!! 😁

If you could visit any on country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

Probably Kharbranth! The Palanaeum alone is reason enough, but I also love how diverse it is. The description of Kharbranth as a multicultural city-state reminded me a lot of Singapore, one of my favorite travel experiences!

13 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

I like cheesy hash brown bagels with onion and chive cream cheese! It's not a breakfast I usually have, so that's what I get from Einstein's Bagels for an affordable treat after an exam in the morning (I'm a uni student).

6 hours ago, clementina said:

I like cheesy hash brown bagels with onion and chive cream cheese! It's not a breakfast I usually have, so that's what I get from Einstein's Bagels for an affordable treat after an exam in the morning (I'm a uni student).

Oooo! I've never had that kind before but it sounds really fancy and amazing!

Hello there! Welcome to the Shard, it is my favorite place on the internet. 

If you could have a singular power from the Sanderson novels, what would it be and why?

15 hours ago, Wierdo said:

Favorite type of potato? and/or cheese?

Like favorite preparation of potato? Probably curly fries because they’re crispy and fun. But if we’re counting sweet potatoes, Vietnamese shrimp and sweet potato fritters are also really tasty! My favorite cheese is like this espresso-covered cheese, I think it’s called bellavitano? It’s really similar to parmesan and it’s a great addition to charcuterie boards.

15 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Hello there! Welcome to the Shard, it is my favorite place on the internet. 

If you could have a singular power from the Sanderson novels, what would it be and why?

Forgery! Like how Forgery is used for art, I find art history really interesting and I also like researching :). And Essence Marks are so interesting and I think it’s so useful to utilize such a wide array of mastered skills when needed. Some of Shai’s Essence Marks contain skills I’d love to learn, and I’d love to be a better survivalist or scholar. I also try to be very self-aware of myself as a person if that makes sense so that’s another reason why Essence Marks appeal to me, because I have to really know myself to successfully craft one. So I think Forgery plays to my strengths as a person?

6 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Welcome to the Shard. Who is your favourite shard?

So far, maybe Cultivation? I like that she wants to see change because change and progress are very important to me (I’m an Elsecaller haha. What’s your order?). Change is inevitable after all. And her view that all things must be cultivated makes me very curious about her future plans.

23 minutes ago, clementina said:

Like favorite preparation of potato? Probably curly fries because they’re crispy and fun. But if we’re counting sweet potatoes, Vietnamese shrimp and sweet potato fritters are also really tasty! My favorite cheese is like this espresso-covered cheese, I think it’s called bellavitano? It’s really similar to parmesan and it’s a great addition to charcuterie boards.

Forgery! Like how Forgery is used for art, I find art history really interesting and I also like researching :). And Essence Marks are so interesting and I think it’s so useful to utilize such a wide array of mastered skills when needed. Some of Shai’s Essence Marks contain skills I’d love to learn, and I’d love to be a better survivalist or scholar. I also try to be very self-aware of myself as a person if that makes sense so that’s another reason why Essence Marks appeal to me, because I have to really know myself to successfully craft one. So I think Forgery plays to my strengths as a person?

So far, maybe Cultivation? I like that she wants to see change because change and progress are very important to me (I’m an Elsecaller haha. What’s your order?). Change is inevitable after all. And her view that all things must be cultivated makes me very curious about her future plans.

I am pretty sure I am a lightweaver of edgedancer? I will have to check

Lightweaver, pretty close with Willshaper

Edited by Scars of Hathsin
Order

4 hours ago, Aredor said:

Welcome to the Shard! 

Would you like a cookie?

Thanks for the kind offer :), but my answer is no.

(There’s something wrong with the cookie, isn’t there? What’s in it? Poison? Rusty nails? 🤨)